On Friday, Justin Bieber hinted on Twitter that he was “filming something very special…very funny in nyc.” Retweeting a photo from Usher, fans could only guess at what Bieber and Usher had up their sleeves.
It turns out both Bieber and Usher alongside Justin Timberlake, Natalie Portman, Will Ferrell, Andy Samberg and Jorma Taccone were working on a skit to celebrate the 100th Saturday Night Live digital short.
While Timberlake, Portman and Michael Bolton went back in time to their much talked about digital shorts, Bieber expressed his concern in being featured in them.
“I was tricked into doing this. I don’t endorse this song. No, no, no, no, no, no,” he sang.
Meanwhile, Usher confessed he’d never been in a digital short. That soon would change as he was featured alongside Ferrell during the “2012 Funkytown Debate” skit on SNL.
Named Galactic Fantastic, he is clad in a silver leather ensemble complete with a feathered floppy hat, big sunglasses and a cape. All the while Usher pranced around during the debate singing with Ferrell.
During the show Usher also performed his new single “Scream” and the Diplo-produced “Climax.” The party infused “Scream” had Usher telling the audience “I’m going to make you scream.” With a club beat and backup singers Usher’s energy oozed off the stage. “Climax” followed later in the show and slowed down the pace while featuring the singer’s impeccable falsetto. Both tracks are off his upcoming album, Looking 4 Myself, due for release next month.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Beyoncé Posts Adorable Photo with Blue Ivy
- 5 Artists Who Could Replace Beyoncé at Coachella
- Beyoncé Cancels Coachella Performances
- Jidenna Chases Lost Love in ‘Bambi’ Video
- Sean Kingston Talks Migos Fight: ‘”They Just Started Jumping on Me’
- Life Hacks That Will Blow Your Mind
- Spencer Ludwig Joins Bebe Rexha’s Tour
- Migos and 2 Chainz Make it Rain on Past Presidents in ‘Deadz’ Video
- Suge Knight’s Son Says He’s Being Treated Unfairly in Prison
- Things We Wish Our Boss Did Better