On Friday, Justin Bieber hinted on Twitter that he was “filming something very special…very funny in nyc.” Retweeting a photo from Usher, fans could only guess at what Bieber and Usher had up their sleeves.
It turns out both Bieber and Usher alongside Justin Timberlake, Natalie Portman, Will Ferrell, Andy Samberg and Jorma Taccone were working on a skit to celebrate the 100th Saturday Night Live digital short.
While Timberlake, Portman and Michael Bolton went back in time to their much talked about digital shorts, Bieber expressed his concern in being featured in them.
“I was tricked into doing this. I don’t endorse this song. No, no, no, no, no, no,” he sang.
Meanwhile, Usher confessed he’d never been in a digital short. That soon would change as he was featured alongside Ferrell during the “2012 Funkytown Debate” skit on SNL.
Named Galactic Fantastic, he is clad in a silver leather ensemble complete with a feathered floppy hat, big sunglasses and a cape. All the while Usher pranced around during the debate singing with Ferrell.
During the show Usher also performed his new single “Scream” and the Diplo-produced “Climax.” The party infused “Scream” had Usher telling the audience “I’m going to make you scream.” With a club beat and backup singers Usher’s energy oozed off the stage. “Climax” followed later in the show and slowed down the pace while featuring the singer’s impeccable falsetto. Both tracks are off his upcoming album, Looking 4 Myself, due for release next month.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- You Laugh, You Lose! (Drag Queen Makeover)
- Daily Dish for 8.17.17
- Ariana Grande and Nicki Minaj’s “Side To Side” Certified Triple Platinum
- Aaron Carter Thinks He’ll End Up with a Woman
- Lorde Strips Down ‘Melodrama’ for Intimate Performance
- The Muppets Detail First-Ever Full-Length Live Shows
- Happy Birthday Joe Jonas
- Paramore’s Hayley Williams Plays John Lennon’s ‘Imagine’ on a Casio
- Rihanna Taps Calvin Harris for Third Annual Diamond Ball
- Britney Spears Also Loves ‘Mi Gente’ Song