Aside from nabbing a spot on the bill, Brown has been nominated for several categories this year, including Top Male Artist, facing-off against Bieber, Drake, Lil Wayne and Bruno Mars.
Last week, Brown made headlines by dropping freestyles over Kanye West’s songs “Mercy” and “Way Too Cold” (originally titled “TheraFlue”). Breezy included one quip Rihanna apparently had viewed as a shot at her. She responded on Twitter and the two unfollowed each other.
Rihanna is not set to perform at the Billboard Music Awards, but her presence will be felt as she notched nominations in 13 categories. Other confirmed performers for the night include Carrie Underwood, LMFAO, Kelly Clarkson, The Wanted, Linkin Park and Nelly Furtado.
The show will air live May 20 from Las Vegas’ MGM Grand arena.
– E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Louis Tomlinson Opens Up Regarding Mother’s Passing
- Migos Perfoms “Bad And Bougie” On “Jimmy Kimmel Live!”
- Beyoncé Supports Women’s March on Washington
- Questlove will Pay Chrisette Michele Not to Perform at Trump Inauguration
- Lady Gaga Allowed To Talk Politics At Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Bella Hadid Is Not Happy About Selena Gomez Dating The Weeknd
- Will Lady Gaga Perform on Stadium Roof During Super Bowl Halftime?
- 5 Singers Who Could Replace Fergie in Black Eyed Peas
- The Million Dollar Super Bowl Package
- Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl Halftime Show will Feature this 2009 Hit