Chris Brown Sets Sights On Billboard Music Awards Stage
Aside from nabbing a spot on the bill, Brown has been nominated for several categories this year, including Top Male Artist, facing-off against Bieber, Drake, Lil Wayne and Bruno Mars.
Last week, Brown made headlines by dropping freestyles over Kanye West’s songs “Mercy” and “Way Too Cold” (originally titled “TheraFlue”). Breezy included one quip Rihanna apparently had viewed as a shot at her. She responded on Twitter and the two unfollowed each other.
Rihanna is not set to perform at the Billboard Music Awards, but her presence will be felt as she notched nominations in 13 categories. Other confirmed performers for the night include Carrie Underwood, LMFAO, Kelly Clarkson, The Wanted, Linkin Park and Nelly Furtado.
The show will air live May 20 from Las Vegas’ MGM Grand arena.
– E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- ‘Creed’ Trailer for ‘Rocky’ Spin-Off Is About How Hard You Can Get Hit: Watch
- 21 Wildly Different Songs All Named ‘Freedom’
- Demi Lovato Will Be Iggy Azalea’s Bridesmaid And She Will Look Good Doing It
- Jim Carrey Calls California Governor a ‘Fascist’ After Passing Mandatory Vaccination Bill
- Demi Lovato is Keeping It Hot With New Single ‘Cool For The Summer’
- Avicii and Zac Brown Band Collaborate on New Song ‘Broken Arrows’
- You Can’t Remake ‘Back to the Future’ Until Robert Zemeckis Dies
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck Say They’re Getting Divorced
- Here’s the Only ‘Ant-Man’ Review You Need to Read
- Interview: Sage the Gemini on ‘Bachelor Party,’ Jordin Sparks and Becoming the Next Jay Z and Beyonce