Aside from nabbing a spot on the bill, Brown has been nominated for several categories this year, including Top Male Artist, facing-off against Bieber, Drake, Lil Wayne and Bruno Mars.
Last week, Brown made headlines by dropping freestyles over Kanye West’s songs “Mercy” and “Way Too Cold” (originally titled “TheraFlue”). Breezy included one quip Rihanna apparently had viewed as a shot at her. She responded on Twitter and the two unfollowed each other.
Rihanna is not set to perform at the Billboard Music Awards, but her presence will be felt as she notched nominations in 13 categories. Other confirmed performers for the night include Carrie Underwood, LMFAO, Kelly Clarkson, The Wanted, Linkin Park and Nelly Furtado.
The show will air live May 20 from Las Vegas’ MGM Grand arena.
– E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Vote For Your Throwback Thursday Song
- Dr. Luke Files Additional Emails Refuting Kesha’s Claims of Abuse
- Chris Brown Blames Middle Men/Homies for Canceled Soulja Boy Showdown
- Ed Sheeran Covers Little Mix’s ‘Touch’
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single ‘Slide’ Featuring Frank Ocean & Migos
- Karrueche Tran On Chris Brown: “He told a few people that he was going to kill me.”
- The Dating Interview May Be The Next Big Thing
- Migos Gets “Bad And Boujee” On “Ellen”
- Birdman Hints at ‘Tha Carter V’ Release Date
- Jennifer Lopez Continues to Avoid Discussing Her Relationship with Drake