Aside from nabbing a spot on the bill, Brown has been nominated for several categories this year, including Top Male Artist, facing-off against Bieber, Drake, Lil Wayne and Bruno Mars.
Last week, Brown made headlines by dropping freestyles over Kanye West’s songs “Mercy” and “Way Too Cold” (originally titled “TheraFlue”). Breezy included one quip Rihanna apparently had viewed as a shot at her. She responded on Twitter and the two unfollowed each other.
Rihanna is not set to perform at the Billboard Music Awards, but her presence will be felt as she notched nominations in 13 categories. Other confirmed performers for the night include Carrie Underwood, LMFAO, Kelly Clarkson, The Wanted, Linkin Park and Nelly Furtado.
The show will air live May 20 from Las Vegas’ MGM Grand arena.
– E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Fall Out Boy’s Patrick Stump to Sing National Anthem for World Series Game 3
- Chance The Rapper Appreciates Dwyane Wade’s Apology
- Britney Spears Kid’s Have Final Say on Instagram Pics
- Lady Gaga Drops the ‘Illusion’ on ‘Joanne’
- Danie B Tackles Halloween Horror Nights For The Third Time
- Calvin Harris Drops “My Way” Video
- 5 Best Songs on Meek Mill’s ‘Dreamchasers 4’
- Little Mix Want Real Men in ‘You Gotta Not’: Listen
- Charli XCX Keeps It Going with ‘After the Afterparty’
- Amy Schumer Says Her ‘My Formation’ Video was Never a Parody