Aside from nabbing a spot on the bill, Brown has been nominated for several categories this year, including Top Male Artist, facing-off against Bieber, Drake, Lil Wayne and Bruno Mars.
Last week, Brown made headlines by dropping freestyles over Kanye West’s songs “Mercy” and “Way Too Cold” (originally titled “TheraFlue”). Breezy included one quip Rihanna apparently had viewed as a shot at her. She responded on Twitter and the two unfollowed each other.
Rihanna is not set to perform at the Billboard Music Awards, but her presence will be felt as she notched nominations in 13 categories. Other confirmed performers for the night include Carrie Underwood, LMFAO, Kelly Clarkson, The Wanted, Linkin Park and Nelly Furtado.
The show will air live May 20 from Las Vegas’ MGM Grand arena.
– E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Selena Gomez Debuts Short Haircut
- Madonna Calls Potential Biopic Producers Charlatans and Fools
- Sony Music Cuts Ties with Dr. Luke: Report
- Kendrick Lamar’s ‘HUMBLE.’ Beat Was Originally Intended for Gucci Mane
- Clear Plastic Jeans Are A Real Thing
- Enrique Iglesias And Pitbull Presale
- Ellie Goulding & Kygo Team for New Single ‘First Time’
- Jeremih Drops ‘I Think of You’ Video Ft. Chris Brown & Big Sean
- Beyoncé Launches Scholarship Program for Young Women
- Ellie Goulding Reunites with Ex-Boyfriend Midair at ‘Magic Mike Live’