Aside from nabbing a spot on the bill, Brown has been nominated for several categories this year, including Top Male Artist, facing-off against Bieber, Drake, Lil Wayne and Bruno Mars.
Last week, Brown made headlines by dropping freestyles over Kanye West’s songs “Mercy” and “Way Too Cold” (originally titled “TheraFlue”). Breezy included one quip Rihanna apparently had viewed as a shot at her. She responded on Twitter and the two unfollowed each other.
Rihanna is not set to perform at the Billboard Music Awards, but her presence will be felt as she notched nominations in 13 categories. Other confirmed performers for the night include Carrie Underwood, LMFAO, Kelly Clarkson, The Wanted, Linkin Park and Nelly Furtado.
The show will air live May 20 from Las Vegas’ MGM Grand arena.
– E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Come Join Chad & Jill For The “Circus” Of Fun At The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
- Nicki Minaj Celebrates Birthday with Meek Mill in Paradise
- [Photos] Chad & Jill Live at the Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
- Congress Passes Act to Fight Online Scalping
- French Montana: Kanye’s ‘Doing Great’
- Justin Bieber Has Most Views on Vevo in 2016, 1.8 Billion
- Louis Tomlinson’s Mother Dies from Leukemia
- Wyclef Jean and Young Thug Share ‘I Swear’ Video
- Vic Mensa Freestyles ‘Heathens’ about Chicago Gun Violence
- Taylor Swift, Zayn Malik Collaborate on ‘I Don’t Wanna Live Forever’