Chris Brown Rankles Rihanna With New Freestyle, Unfollow Each Other On Twitter
Chris Brown continued his MC campaign with freestyles over Kanye West’s songs “Mercy” and “Way Too Cold.” While Kanye West rankled animal rights organization PETA and Kim Kardashian with his lryics, Brown apparently caught the ire of his ex, Rihanna.
Over the two G.O.O.D. Music tracks, Brown delivers brash lyrics that, much like the original versions, revel in material excess and sexual conquest. However, with his freestyle over “Way Too Cold” (originally titled “TheraFlue”), Breezy the MC included one quip Rihanna apparently took as a shot aimed at her.
“Don’t f**k with my old b***h, it’s like a bad fur/ Every industry n***a done had her/ Shook the tree like a pumpkin just to smash her/B***h is breaking codes, but I’m the password…”
Apparently the line stirred Rihanna who tweeted, “Aw, poor dat #neaux1currrrr,” and reportedly unfollowed him on Twitter. Brown did the same after sending one more tweet on the matter:
Assumptions! I didn’t say any names so if u took offense to it then its something you feel guilty about.
— Chris Brown(@chrisbrown) May 10, 2012
In February, the two caused a stir as they collaborated for remixes of each others’ songs. Rihanna sang on Brown’s “Turn Up The Music” while Brown dropped his vocals on Rihanna’s “Birthday Cake.”
In Brown’s versions of the G.O.O.D. Music records, the R&B singer attempts to match Kanye’s bravado, picking up where the over-the-top rapper left off.
“I’m in a Lamborghini with two models,” Brown begins over the “Mercy” track, “Twenty-one bottles, a Murcielago/ A n***a gone when I hit the throttle/ She gave me crazy h**d, a n***a swerved then hit a pot hole…I got a whole lot of girls in Dubai/ I got a bush b***h in the Outback…”
Brown’s releases, which he dropped Thursday (May 10), come more than a month after G.O.O.D. Music artist Pusha T announced via Twitter that “Mercy” was due to drop on Good Friday. Before “Mercy” debuted, Kanye’s “TheraFlu” (later renamed “Way Too Gold”) hit the airwaves and caused a storm of controversy. On “Way Too Cold” West confesses his past love for reality star Kim Kardashian, disses her ex, Kris Humphries, and raised the hackles of animal rights organization PETA.
By now, the rapping Chris Brown has become commonplace. He’s been building his rap cred with a string of releases, including his “How I Feel” video, which hit late in March. His new album, Fortune, will be hitting stands July 8.
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Jake Miller
- Win A $100 Gift Certificate To Bonefish Grill
- Win Tickets & Meet N’ Greet Passes To See Prince Royce
- Deadmau5 Trolls Justin Bieber, Diplo & Skrillex with Parody Remix of ‘Where Are Ü Now’
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend
- Rihanna’s Sexual, Violent ‘BBHMM’ Video is Very NSFW