“Glee” Celebrates Prom With One Direction
This week, Glee is tackling every high school senior’s right of passage: the prom. Though we know the gang is taking on One Direction, Ke$ha and Selena Gomez, what we’re really wondering is, who gets crowned McKinley High’s king and queen?
For the dinosaur themed prom—chosen by none other than class president Brittany (Heather Morris)— the students bring out all the stops. Santana (Naya Rivera) does her best Selena Gomez impression with “Love You Like a Love Song” and channels the ’80s with Quinn (Dianna Agron) for the Top Gun classic “Take My Breath Away” by Berlin. Brittany works on her spelling with Ke$ha’s very appropriately titled song “Dinosaur” for an episode called “Prom-asaurus.” While things get a little weepy for Rachel (Lea Michele), Blaine (Darren Criss) and Kurt (Chris Colfer) when they do a version of Fergie’s “Big Girls Don’t Cry.”
But it’s the boys of the glee club, who channel their inner boy band to take on 1D’s “What Makes You Beautiful” that brings down the house. Artie (Kevin McHale), Sam (Chord Overstreet), Mike (Harry Shum Jr), Joseph (Samuel Larsen) and Rory (Damien McGinty) hit the prom stage and show they’ve got all the right moves with their cover.
Check out the sneak peek of tonight’s episode below where the guys talk about their boy band style and show off their a capella skills. Also, watch Brittany do “Dinosaur.”
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Miley Cyrus Trolled with ‘Miley, What’s Good?’ Comments on Instagram
- Azealia Banks Thinks Miley, Taylor, and Nicki Make Basic Music
- Demi Lovato Opens Up about New Song Dedicated to Her Late Father
- Watch One Direction Cover ‘Fresh Prince’ Theme Song
- New Death Row Records Film In The Works
- New ‘Dancing With The Stars’ Cast Revealed
- M.I.A. is Working with Skrillex on New Album
- Avril Lavigne and Nickleback’s Chad Kroeger Are Separating
- ‘Scream Queens’ Title Sequence Debuts With Plenty Of Screams
- Donald Trump on Kanye West’s Presidential Ambition: “I Hope to Run Against Him Someday”