Chris Brown Returns To “Dancing With The Stars” Tonight
Chris Brown will be hitting the Dancing With the Stars stage tonight, May 8, for a performance of “Turn Up the Music,” the lead single from his forthcoming album, Fortune.
Brown will be performing on the results show, where winners and losers are announced. His appearance, which marks his second on the popular dance competition show, was officially announced on May 4. Producers of the show kept his performance under wraps until then, but a well-connected dancer and choreographer offered a clue a few days in advance.
DWTS chris brown! Next week let’s goooo!
— Earl Punch Wright (@Punchcity) May 1, 2012
Brown last hit the DWTS stage in March of last year, shortly after a much publicized dustup at Good Morning America in which he allegedly threw a chair that broke his dressing room window. He was upset over the questions interviewer Robin Roberts asked him about the 2009 attack on Rihanna.
As a result, his DTWS performance was surrounded with a cloud of controversy as fans of the show posted their protests on the ABC.com. The announcement of tonight’s performance comes sans the outrage and activity that clogged the air of his DWTS season 12 performance.
Aside from Brown’s performance, there will be an American Bandstand tribute to Dick Clark.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- A Seal Getting Slapped Into Orbit By A Whale
- Kermit The Frog Takes The ALS Ice Bucket Challenge
- Jill’s Fabulous Friend: The 80s Are Coming Back…But Not Leg Warmers
- Jill’s Fabulous Friend: Whiten Those Teeth Or Don’t Smile
- 5 Seconds of Summer Already Working on New Album
- Honey Nut Cheerios Ad Might Have Revealed Usher’s New Album Title
- Justin Bieber, Bodyguard Sued in Alleged Hawaii Photographer Assault Case
- Taylor Swift Will Not Sing About Exes, Air Dirty Laundry on ‘1989’
- Rita Ora Walks Out of Interview After Calvin Harris Mention
- Listen to a Preview of Ariana Grande’s ‘Too Close’