Chris Brown will be hitting the Dancing With the Stars stage tonight, May 8, for a performance of “Turn Up the Music,” the lead single from his forthcoming album, Fortune.
Brown will be performing on the results show, where winners and losers are announced. His appearance, which marks his second on the popular dance competition show, was officially announced on May 4. Producers of the show kept his performance under wraps until then, but a well-connected dancer and choreographer offered a clue a few days in advance.
DWTS chris brown! Next week let’s goooo!
— Earl Punch Wright (@Punchcity) May 1, 2012
Brown last hit the DWTS stage in March of last year, shortly after a much publicized dustup at Good Morning America in which he allegedly threw a chair that broke his dressing room window. He was upset over the questions interviewer Robin Roberts asked him about the 2009 attack on Rihanna.
As a result, his DTWS performance was surrounded with a cloud of controversy as fans of the show posted their protests on the ABC.com. The announcement of tonight’s performance comes sans the outrage and activity that clogged the air of his DWTS season 12 performance.
Aside from Brown’s performance, there will be an American Bandstand tribute to Dick Clark.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win Fandango Tickets To See ‘Jigsaw’!
- Listen To Win Tickets To Ed Sheeran!
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Jon Bellion Tickets!
- Listen This Week To Dine At Café Rio!
- Listen To Win Tickets For Sesame Street Live!
- Kevin Kon Makes A 13-Year-Old’s Dream Come True
- Join 101.9 AMP Radio For The 5th Annual Beer, Bacon & BBQ Festival
- ‘Veep’ Stars Lip Sync Katy Perry’s ‘Roar’ for Julia Louis-Dreyfus
- Kelly Clarkson Gets in the Holiday Spirit with New Song ‘Christmas Eve’
- Marshmello and Khalid Release ‘Silence’ Video