Chris Brown will be hitting the Dancing With the Stars stage tonight, May 8, for a performance of “Turn Up the Music,” the lead single from his forthcoming album, Fortune.
Brown will be performing on the results show, where winners and losers are announced. His appearance, which marks his second on the popular dance competition show, was officially announced on May 4. Producers of the show kept his performance under wraps until then, but a well-connected dancer and choreographer offered a clue a few days in advance.
DWTS chris brown! Next week let’s goooo!
— Earl Punch Wright (@Punchcity) May 1, 2012
Brown last hit the DWTS stage in March of last year, shortly after a much publicized dustup at Good Morning America in which he allegedly threw a chair that broke his dressing room window. He was upset over the questions interviewer Robin Roberts asked him about the 2009 attack on Rihanna.
As a result, his DTWS performance was surrounded with a cloud of controversy as fans of the show posted their protests on the ABC.com. The announcement of tonight’s performance comes sans the outrage and activity that clogged the air of his DWTS season 12 performance.
Aside from Brown’s performance, there will be an American Bandstand tribute to Dick Clark.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- 1019 AMP Radio “What’s Your Status” Party At 180 Skytop Lounge
- Bruno Mars to Join Coldplay for Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Meek Mill Gets 90 Days of House Arrest
- Register To Win Tickets To See ‘Pride And Prejudice And Zombies’
- Listen All Weekend To Win Tickets To See ‘Pride And Prejudice And Zombies’
- Win “Everything But The Bachelor” Every Day This Week
- Ticket Tag Thursday Starring Sweetheart Selena Gomez!
- Kanye West Wants 1,200 Paid Extras for MSG Show
- Adele Shares a Photo of When She Was Young
- Nick Jonas Talks Lady Gaga Inspiration and New Album