Beyoncé turned heads when she hit the red carpet last night for the Met Costume Institute Gala. Showing off her post baby figure, the singer flaunted her curves in a body hugging sheer gown.
The annual event at the Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City is often called fashion’s Oscars with the rich and famous pulling out all the stops in honor of style. Bey showed up fashionably late in a sheer beaded Givenchy Haute Couture gown that featured a long train made of purple feathers. The dress kept little to the imagination, but the singer kept things simple when it came to her hair, choosing a simple and sleek ponytail.
Other stars like Rihanna, who hit the red carpet wearing a
tight crocodile skin dress, also dressed to the nines for the affair. Kanye West somehow managed to keep his opinions about fashion to himself, while Florence Welch from Florence and the Machine, made headlines, but not necessarily in a good way.
With only 19 days til Memorial Day, Beyoncé’s getting ready to take the stage for the first time since the birth of Blue Ivy. For all those who couldn’t get a ticket to one of her three shows (May 25-27) in Atlantic City, New Jersey, the singer just added another show on Monday, May 28. Fans can get their tickets early at Beyoncé’s site on Friday, May 11 at 10 am EST. Tickets officially go on sale Monday, May 14.
Check out photos from the Met Gala at CBS New York.
– Shannon Carlin, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See ‘Deadpool’
- Play What’s in Jill’s Purse To Win A $75 Gift Card To Jesse’s Girl Boulevard Boutique
- Listen To Win Tickets To R5, Sound Check Party & Meet ‘N Greets!
- Win Tickets To See The Rock Hard Male Revue
- 1019 AMP Radio “What’s Your Status” Party At 180 Skytop Lounge
- Bruno Mars to Join Coldplay for Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Meek Mill Gets 90 Days of House Arrest
- Register To Win Tickets To See ‘Pride And Prejudice And Zombies’
- Listen All Weekend To Win Tickets To See ‘Pride And Prejudice And Zombies’
- Win “Everything But The Bachelor” Every Day This Week