Mayweather Recruits Justin Bieber, 50 Cent, Lil Wayne For “Team Money”
Floyd Mayweather, Jr. made an all-star entrance to the Las Vegas’ MGM Grand Garden Arena for his title fight against Miguel “Cotto” Cotton on Saturday, May 5. The flamboyant fighter was escorted to the ring by a few key members of his “Team Money” crew, which included teen pop star Justin Bieber, WWE wrestler Tripple H and his rapper crony, 50 Cent.
A wide-eyed Bieber carried two of Mayweather’s belts into the arena and 50 Cent carried two others. While 50 Cent is often at Mayweather’s side, and Tripple H is no stranger to fight crowds, Bieber’s presence was the crowd shocker, giving the Cotto-leaning audience a heavy dose of Mayweather’s theatrics.
While Bieber and 50 held up Mayweather’s belts, they marched to the ring to the sounds of 2 Chainz’s “Riot.” 2 Chainz, who was not in attendance but at a show in Louisville, KY, sent a tweet acknowledging the connection: “MONEY TEAM BABY!!!”
Bieber’s appearance was not previously announced but he and Mayweather exchanged tweets prior to the fight.
— Floyd Mayweather (@FloydMayweather) May 5, 2012
After the fight, Lil Wayne joined the Money Team in the ring to congratulate Mayweather on his unanimous win. Later that evening, Justin sent another message to the champ:
@FloydMayweather Hard Work & Dedication . congrats champ. glad i could be a part of it
— Justin Bieber (@justinbieber) May 6, 2012
–Erik Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Miley Cyrus’ Homeless VMAs Date Turns Himself in to Jail, Posts Bail
- Trending: 5 Seconds Of Summer Announce Fan Convention “DERPCON”
- Text All Weekend Long To Get Hooked Up With Backstage Passes To Hook Up #6!
- Tuesday Is Your Day To Get Hooked Up!
- Party With David Guetta In Miami!
- Score Tickets To See 21 Pilots With Jill At 4:20!
- Win Tickets To See Charli XCX At The Social!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets to See The Fitz And The Tantrums!
- Beyonce #3 On List Of “Favorite Musicians Of All Time”
- Justin Bieber Features on Khalil Mixtape, ‘A Long Short Story’