Katy Perry has constantly been in the limelight since her much publicized wedding and media fed divorce. Now she’s making headlines again, but this time its for her next single.
Wide Awake is one of the slower songs off from her latest album Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, and reports have come through that the singer will release the song as her next single.
Most striking are the lyrics. They appear to be targeting her marriage to British comedian, Russell Brand.
“I wish I knew then what I know now, wouldn’t dive in, wouldn’t bow down”
It was speculated that her most recent #1, Part Of Me, was about Russell, but Perry insisted the song was written long ago after her breakup with Gym Class Heroes front man Travie McCoy. With the release of these two singles right after her much publicized divorce, it’s hard to believe that they are not meant as silent digs at her ex.
Katy is stepping back into the studio soon to record music that she describes as “really f****** dark” for her next album.
Click here to listen to Wide Awake.
-CJ Robinson CBS Orlando-
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Do Summer In Style With Shades By Foster Grant!
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win Passes To Spider-Man: Homecoming
- Battle It Out For Jon Bellion Tickets
- Nothing Is Holding You Back From Winning Shawn Mendes Tix
- Play ‘What’s In Jill’s Purse’ To Win Fandango Movie Passes
- Drake, Metro Boomin, Offset Team for ‘No Complaints’
- Dr. Luke & Kesha’s Mother Issue Statement on Defamation Dismissal
- Check out Eminem’s New Beard
- The-Dream Drops New Track ‘Summer Body’ with Fabolous
- 5 Awesome P!nk Instagram Moments for National Pink Day