Katy Perry Is “Wide Awake” For Next Single
Katy Perry has constantly been in the limelight since her much publicized wedding and media fed divorce. Now she’s making headlines again, but this time its for her next single.
Wide Awake is one of the slower songs off from her latest album Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, and reports have come through that the singer will release the song as her next single.
Most striking are the lyrics. They appear to be targeting her marriage to British comedian, Russell Brand.
“I wish I knew then what I know now, wouldn’t dive in, wouldn’t bow down”
It was speculated that her most recent #1, Part Of Me, was about Russell, but Perry insisted the song was written long ago after her breakup with Gym Class Heroes front man Travie McCoy. With the release of these two singles right after her much publicized divorce, it’s hard to believe that they are not meant as silent digs at her ex.
Katy is stepping back into the studio soon to record music that she describes as “really f****** dark” for her next album.
Click here to listen to Wide Awake.
-CJ Robinson CBS Orlando-
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Nick Jonas Grows Up on New Single ‘Chains’: Listen
- Justin Bieber Teased Tons of New Songs on Instagram Last Night, Including an EDM House Song: Listen
- Play It, Don’t Play It: Jessie J, Ariana Grande & Nicki Minaj “Bang Bang”
- Madonna, Diplo Rework ‘La Isla Bonita’ to Mention Major Lazer in Dub Plate Remix: Watch
- Katy Perry Does the Ultimate #tbt in Lyric Video for ‘This Is How We Do’: Watch
- It’s Britney, Britches! Britney Spears Announces Lingerie Line
- Trending: Katy Perry Releases “This Is How We Do” Lyric Video
- Questlove Defends Iggy Azalea, Calls ‘Fancy’ the Song of the Summer
- Beyoncé Strips Down ‘Crazy In Love’ For Steamy ‘Fifty Shades of Grey’ Trailer
- Busta Rhymes Leaves Cash Money Without Releasing a Record