Katy Perry Is “Wide Awake” For Next Single
Katy Perry has constantly been in the limelight since her much publicized wedding and media fed divorce. Now she’s making headlines again, but this time its for her next single.
Wide Awake is one of the slower songs off from her latest album Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, and reports have come through that the singer will release the song as her next single.
Most striking are the lyrics. They appear to be targeting her marriage to British comedian, Russell Brand.
“I wish I knew then what I know now, wouldn’t dive in, wouldn’t bow down”
It was speculated that her most recent #1, Part Of Me, was about Russell, but Perry insisted the song was written long ago after her breakup with Gym Class Heroes front man Travie McCoy. With the release of these two singles right after her much publicized divorce, it’s hard to believe that they are not meant as silent digs at her ex.
Katy is stepping back into the studio soon to record music that she describes as “really f****** dark” for her next album.
Click here to listen to Wide Awake.
-CJ Robinson CBS Orlando-
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Iggy Azalea Confirms Collaboration With Britney Spears
- Street Fighting, Car Chases & Wu-Tang Clan’s Rare Album Abound in Skrillex’s New Video: Watch
- Selena Gomez Drops Upbeat New Song ‘Do It,’ ‘My Dilemma 2.0′ Remix: Listen
- Chris Brown Souped Up His Car with Tupac Lyrics
- Win Your Tickets To The 101.9 AMP Radio Ho Ho Ho Holiday Show!
- Listen To Dustin Every Morning To Win Your Tickets To Usher’s UR Experience Tour!
- Listen To Dustin And Score Your 4 Pack Fandango Movie Passes!
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Beat My Tweet To Win Your Tickets To DigiTour “The First Youtube Music Festival”
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House