Katy Perry Is “Wide Awake” For Next Single
Katy Perry has constantly been in the limelight since her much publicized wedding and media fed divorce. Now she’s making headlines again, but this time its for her next single.
Wide Awake is one of the slower songs off from her latest album Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, and reports have come through that the singer will release the song as her next single.
Most striking are the lyrics. They appear to be targeting her marriage to British comedian, Russell Brand.
“I wish I knew then what I know now, wouldn’t dive in, wouldn’t bow down”
It was speculated that her most recent #1, Part Of Me, was about Russell, but Perry insisted the song was written long ago after her breakup with Gym Class Heroes front man Travie McCoy. With the release of these two singles right after her much publicized divorce, it’s hard to believe that they are not meant as silent digs at her ex.
Katy is stepping back into the studio soon to record music that she describes as “really f****** dark” for her next album.
Click here to listen to Wide Awake.
-CJ Robinson CBS Orlando-
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend
- Rihanna’s Sexual, Violent ‘BBHMM’ Video is Very NSFW
- Beyoncé Recreates ‘7/11′ Video to Celebrate Gay Marriage Equality
- Enter Keyword To Win Ed Sheeran Tickets
- Prince Removes Music From All Streaming Services Except TIDAL
- Eminem Interviewed by Stephen Colbert on Real Michigan Cable Access Show