Katy Perry has constantly been in the limelight since her much publicized wedding and media fed divorce. Now she’s making headlines again, but this time its for her next single.
Wide Awake is one of the slower songs off from her latest album Teenage Dream: The Complete Confection, and reports have come through that the singer will release the song as her next single.
Most striking are the lyrics. They appear to be targeting her marriage to British comedian, Russell Brand.
“I wish I knew then what I know now, wouldn’t dive in, wouldn’t bow down”
It was speculated that her most recent #1, Part Of Me, was about Russell, but Perry insisted the song was written long ago after her breakup with Gym Class Heroes front man Travie McCoy. With the release of these two singles right after her much publicized divorce, it’s hard to believe that they are not meant as silent digs at her ex.
Katy is stepping back into the studio soon to record music that she describes as “really f****** dark” for her next album.
Click here to listen to Wide Awake.
-CJ Robinson CBS Orlando-
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win $100 To Bonefish Grill
- Play “What’s In Jill’s Purse?!” To Win Tickets And Meet & Greets To EBH2!
- Register To Win Tickets To The ‘Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus XTREME’
- ‘Beat My Tweet’ To Win Tickets To See JoJo!
- Let 101.9 AMP Radio ‘Treat You Better’ With 12 Days Of Shawn Mendes
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets To See “Rogue One: A Star Wars Story”
- Listen To Win Tickets To See Jake Miller
- Win “Jason Bourne’ on Blu-Ray DVD This Weekend Of Winning
- Come Join Chad & Jill For The “Circus” Of Fun At The Coca-Cola Orlando Eye
- Nicki Minaj Celebrates Birthday with Meek Mill in Paradise