fun. have received unprecedented success with current single “We Are Young.” The track continues to top the Billboard charts and is currently No. 4 on iTunes.
In an interview with Rolling Stone, frontman Nate Ruess confessed that the song came about after his “worst drinking night of all time.”
“Have you ever been kicked out of a cab for puking all over the place? I have,” he admitted. “The cabbie was demanding all this money, and all I could do was stand on the corner with my head against the wall. It took me another day before I was a functioning adult and could actually write down the verses.”
After being blown off by Kanye West‘s producer friend Jeff Bhasker a few times Ruess finally met him.
“I sang ‘We Are Young’ – this thing that had been in my head for a week – and he straight-up freaked out. The next day, we got into the studio.”
Ruess added that most of the ideas behind the album Some Nights came to him in the middle of the night.
“My girlfriend would be sleeping, so I’d turn the faucet on loud and sing into my phone. The next morning, it would sound like some freaky lullaby,” he said. “That was where a lot of the writing started for the album.”
fun. are currently working on the music video for “Some Nights.” The band told MTV they’ll be filming it next week.
“One thing that’s a nice reveal of it is that we’re filming it in the middle of the night,” Jack Antonoff said.
Without giving too much away Ruess said there will be lanterns.
“Andrew’s going to be walking with a xylophone at some point,” Antoff added. “Not to give away too much. I think it’s still slightly ominous.”
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win A $50 Gift Card To Bonefish Grill
- Play “What’s In Jill’s Purse?!” To Win Tickets To Busch Gardens Food & Wine Festival
- Beat My Tweet To Win Desiigner Tickets
- Play Show Tune Tuesdays To Win Fandango Movie Passes
- John Legend Has All His Luggage, Chill
- A Teenage Boy Fights Crocodile For A Date
- How To Alter Your Crappy Mood
- Chance The Rapper Shows up at Chicago Public School Career Day
- Chris Brown Shares New Track ‘Privacy’
- Bruno Mars’ ‘That’s What I Like’ Gets PartyNextDoor Remix