Jessica Simpson warned America that she and fiance Eric Johnson had selected a name for her baby girl and that it wasn’t bizarre, but it was going to raise a few eyebrows. Her daughter’s name is Maxwell Drew Johnson. Normally you’d picture a little boy with a name like that, but in this case, a little girl will answer to that name.
However, many female celebrities have names that you’d associate with a male, or a name that is unisex. Many women have names such as Taylor, Skylar, Kyle, Tyler, Drew, Reese, Pat, Jordan or names similar, and they are doing just fine.
As a matter of fact, many of them are in some of your favorite movies, or they might even be one of your favorite singers. I’ve compiled a list of celebrity names that are male sounding or unisex names, but they actually belong to a female.
Cameron Diaz – Actress
Chris Evert – Professional tennis player
Drew Barrymore – Actress
Glenn Close – Actress
Hayden Panitierre – Actress
Jami Gertz – Actress
James King – Actress
Jeri Ryan – Actress
Jordin Sparks – Singer/Actress
Peyton List – Actress
Reese Witherspoon – Actress
Scottie Thompson – Actress
Sean Young – Actress
Shawn Johnson – Olympic Gold Medal Gymnast
Taylor Swift – Singer/Actress
These ladies have all made a huge name for themselves, built empires, and have maintained successful careers. Jessica Simpson herself is close to a billionaire thanks largely to her brand of shoes and fragrances. So I think little Maxwell will be o.k. even if she never has the opportunity to work, momma will be able to take care of her for a long, long while.
What are some unusual names you’ve heard that made you do a double take when you saw who they belonged to?
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Charlie Puth Tickets
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets To Howl-O-Scream At Busch Gardens Tampa
- Guess That Show Tune To Win Charlie Puth Tickets
- Listen To Win Tickets To Madame Orlando, An Evening Of Hollywood Glam
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win Charlie Puth Tickets And $50 At Tapa Toro
- Astrid S Talks New Music And Breaking Into The US
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Welcome Baby Girl
- Jon Bellion on J. Dilla’s Influence and Being a ‘Very Sensitive Cat’
- Chris Brown’s Ordered To Have Supervised Visits With Daughter
- Shawn Mendes Pokes Fun of Jimmy Fallon on ‘The Tonight Show’