Maxwell Drew Johnson And Other Famous Females With Masculine Sounding Names
Jessica Simpson warned America that she and fiance Eric Johnson had selected a name for her baby girl and that it wasn’t bizarre, but it was going to raise a few eyebrows. Her daughter’s name is Maxwell Drew Johnson. Normally you’d picture a little boy with a name like that, but in this case, a little girl will answer to that name.
However, many female celebrities have names that you’d associate with a male, or a name that is unisex. Many women have names such as Taylor, Skylar, Kyle, Tyler, Drew, Reese, Pat, Jordan or names similar, and they are doing just fine.
As a matter of fact, many of them are in some of your favorite movies, or they might even be one of your favorite singers. I’ve compiled a list of celebrity names that are male sounding or unisex names, but they actually belong to a female.
Cameron Diaz – Actress
Chris Evert – Professional tennis player
Drew Barrymore – Actress
Glenn Close – Actress
Hayden Panitierre – Actress
Jami Gertz – Actress
James King – Actress
Jeri Ryan – Actress
Jordin Sparks – Singer/Actress
Peyton List – Actress
Reese Witherspoon – Actress
Scottie Thompson – Actress
Sean Young – Actress
Shawn Johnson – Olympic Gold Medal Gymnast
Taylor Swift – Singer/Actress
These ladies have all made a huge name for themselves, built empires, and have maintained successful careers. Jessica Simpson herself is close to a billionaire thanks largely to her brand of shoes and fragrances. So I think little Maxwell will be o.k. even if she never has the opportunity to work, momma will be able to take care of her for a long, long while.
What are some unusual names you’ve heard that made you do a double take when you saw who they belonged to?
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Nicki Minaj Drops ‘Pinkprint’ Teaser on Instagram: Watch
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘i’ at LeBron James’ First Home Game in Cleveland: Watch
- New Music To Know: Dej Loaf Puts Detroit on the Map, Again
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Trick-Or-Eat And Celebrate This Halloween FOR FREE!
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams Lose Round 1 In Lawsuit Against ‘Blurred Lines’
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Dr. Luke Files Lawsuit Against Kesha’s Mother, Accuses Her of ‘Tortious Interference’