Jessica Simpson warned America that she and fiance Eric Johnson had selected a name for her baby girl and that it wasn’t bizarre, but it was going to raise a few eyebrows. Her daughter’s name is Maxwell Drew Johnson. Normally you’d picture a little boy with a name like that, but in this case, a little girl will answer to that name.
However, many female celebrities have names that you’d associate with a male, or a name that is unisex. Many women have names such as Taylor, Skylar, Kyle, Tyler, Drew, Reese, Pat, Jordan or names similar, and they are doing just fine.
As a matter of fact, many of them are in some of your favorite movies, or they might even be one of your favorite singers. I’ve compiled a list of celebrity names that are male sounding or unisex names, but they actually belong to a female.
Cameron Diaz – Actress
Chris Evert – Professional tennis player
Drew Barrymore – Actress
Glenn Close – Actress
Hayden Panitierre – Actress
Jami Gertz – Actress
James King – Actress
Jeri Ryan – Actress
Jordin Sparks – Singer/Actress
Peyton List – Actress
Reese Witherspoon – Actress
Scottie Thompson – Actress
Sean Young – Actress
Shawn Johnson – Olympic Gold Medal Gymnast
Taylor Swift – Singer/Actress
These ladies have all made a huge name for themselves, built empires, and have maintained successful careers. Jessica Simpson herself is close to a billionaire thanks largely to her brand of shoes and fragrances. So I think little Maxwell will be o.k. even if she never has the opportunity to work, momma will be able to take care of her for a long, long while.
What are some unusual names you’ve heard that made you do a double take when you saw who they belonged to?
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- The “So Gone Challenge” Makes It’s Way To The Alter
- The Song of the Summer 2016 Has Been Crowned
- Tyra Banks To Teach At Stanford University
- G-Eazy Brags a Big Game in New Video ‘Calm Down’
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Caught Smooching
- Britney Spears Auctions Clothing for Louisiana Flood Relief
- Don’t Miss Halle Berry’s Dramatic Reading of ‘Oops!… I Did It Again’
- Daft Punk and the Weeknd are Reportedly Collaborating
- Coldplay Cover Prince’s ‘Nothing Compares 2 U’ with James Corden
- McDonald’s is ‘Lovin’ the Love’ from Kanye West’s Poem