Justin Bieber is having quite a few problems in the UK. First there was that unfortunate incident with a fan at the airport. Then there was his awkward interview with The Voice UK host and BBC 1 Radio presenter Reggie Yates.
The Biebs was in front of a few hundred members of the British press to talk about his forthcoming album, Believe. Things seemed to start rolling downhill when Yates asked him about songwriting on the new album, saying, “You said that you’re involved much more in the writing on this record. Does that mean we’re going to hear you talking about relationships? You’re 18 now. Are we going to hear you talking about sex?”
Bieber said yes to talking about relationships and began to answer the rest of the question but stuttered and said, “You caught me there. You’re just putting that out there, just sex and everything.” He recovered but not until after Yates asked him if he was going red. Bieber replied, “You’re just embarrassing me in front of everybody here, putting me on the spot.”
Later in the interview, Bieber tried his hand at speaking in a British accent. Yates tried to discourage him, jokingly saying, “We’ve spoken about this before. Your English accent is rubbish.” In reality, that accent has earned Bieber a lot of blowback from the British press. The Mirror called his appearance “charmless” while Contact Music accused him of insulting Yates and the Metro reported that he threw a mini-tantrum during the album playback portion of the press conference.
In better news for Bieber fans, however, he did promise to address everything he’s been going through on the album, from his fake baby-mama to being a boyfriend.
-Courtney E. Smith
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Watch Lil Yachty Start a Food Fight
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Post Malone Finally Meets Allen Iverson
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Iggy Azalea Shuts Down Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors
- Bryson Tiller Drops ‘True to Self’ Album a Month Early
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.
- Lil Yachty Delivers ‘Bring It Back’ on Kimmel
- Beach Makeup In Less Than 4 Minutes
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism