Brandy Drops “Put It Down,” Chris Brown Collabo Unveiled
The uptempo track, which will be featured on Brandy’s upcoming album Two Eleven, has a heavy dose of sexual innuendo.
“With all this money and all this cake,” Brown raps. “Girl you better stop, I got a big ego/ I’m sipping on this Brandy, that liquere comes in handy/…I took her out the club and told her girl she’ll be right back/Back to the crib and in the morning all this was all worth it…”
As CBS Local previously reported, Brandy refused to confirm Brown’s guest verse before it was released.
“The thing we are working out now is that the single has a feature,” she told TrueExclusives.com. “It’s both a rapper and singer.”
While she did not directly name Chris Brown as the featured artists, some clues suggested that he may be said “rapper and singer.”
Aside from releasing a string of songs on which Brown has displayed his MCing chops, the two recently spent some time in the studio together.
“The session was amazing,” Brandy said. “To work with people that love you and your craft and what you do, it makes the song even better and the experience even better because you are working with people that you love.”
When asked to describe the single with the mysterious guest performer, she allowed that it is “very very different.”
“Put it Down” will be made available for digital downloads on May 8. Listen to “Put it Down” here. –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Big Boi Hops on Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Remix: Listen
- Nick Jonas Recreates Tom Hanks’ Iconic Big Piano Dance: Watch
- 5 Things About ‘The Interview’ from Someone Who Has Seen It
- Top 14 New Artists Of 2014
- Game of Thrones Author Offers to Screen ‘The Interview’ at His Movie Theater
- University of Pennsylvania Frat Suspended for Holiday Card with Beyoncé Sex Doll
- Chris Brown & Tyga Get All Conceited on New Joint Track ‘Ayo’
- Nicki Minaj Thinks Kendrick Lamar’s ‘Crazy Voices’ Remind Her A Lot of Nicki Minaj
- Drake Had a Lot of Fun at the Toronto Raptors’ 2nd Annual ‘Drake Night’
- Google Releases 2014’s Year in Search Stats