Brandy Drops “Put It Down,” Chris Brown Collabo Unveiled
The uptempo track, which will be featured on Brandy’s upcoming album Two Eleven, has a heavy dose of sexual innuendo.
“With all this money and all this cake,” Brown raps. “Girl you better stop, I got a big ego/ I’m sipping on this Brandy, that liquere comes in handy/…I took her out the club and told her girl she’ll be right back/Back to the crib and in the morning all this was all worth it…”
As CBS Local previously reported, Brandy refused to confirm Brown’s guest verse before it was released.
“The thing we are working out now is that the single has a feature,” she told TrueExclusives.com. “It’s both a rapper and singer.”
While she did not directly name Chris Brown as the featured artists, some clues suggested that he may be said “rapper and singer.”
Aside from releasing a string of songs on which Brown has displayed his MCing chops, the two recently spent some time in the studio together.
“The session was amazing,” Brandy said. “To work with people that love you and your craft and what you do, it makes the song even better and the experience even better because you are working with people that you love.”
When asked to describe the single with the mysterious guest performer, she allowed that it is “very very different.”
“Put it Down” will be made available for digital downloads on May 8. Listen to “Put it Down” here. –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- How Kanye West Will Handle Presidential Debates
- Panera Bread Baking Pink Ribbon Bagels For Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Lil’ Wayne Sees Visions of Tupac in New ‘Pour Up’ Song
- Watch Justin Bieber Discuss His One Direction Conspiracy Theory
- One Direction’s Liam Payne “Shoves” Louis Tomlinson During Concert
- Reality Check For 10/6/15: Will Smith Rapping Again, $3 Boorito at Chipotle, General Mills Cereal Recall
- Listen to this Amazing Drake/Danzig Mash-Up
- Kesha’s Mom Calls Out Silent Artists
- Justin Bieber & Floyd Mayweather do Karaoke, Just Like You
- Tupac ‘Thug Life’ Letter Up for Auction