With pop stars like Taylor Swift and Rihanna hitting the big screen this year, more musicians are following in their footsteps. This summer, Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber will make their acting debut in a feature film.
Men in Black III‘s director Barry Sonnenfeld has confirmed that the hit makers will appear in the third installment of the franchise, which stars Will Smith and Tommy Lee Jones as secret agents in charge of policing extraterrestrials.
We knew Gaga has an out-of-this world fashion sense, but this takes it to a whole new level. The director hinted at other stars, but didn’t reveal any more names.
“In this [film] there are a few people that you’ll see up on the surveillance board including Lady Gaga, Tim Burton, who probably knows more about aliens than I do, and let’s see who else… Justin Bieber,” Sonnenfeld said.
He went on to explain his choice of actors.
“The challenge is getting celebrities that are famous, will give you permission and won’t be like ‘Who’s that guy?’ in ten years,” he said.
The singers will be apart of the “alien surveillance board,” which has had a star-studded cast in the previous Men in Black films.
Steven Spielberg, George Lucas and Sylvester Stallone have all played alien spies who walk among earthlings. Michael Jackson also had a role in Men In Black, as “Agent M.”
Men in Black III is set for release on May 25, 2012.
– Robyn Luttrell, 97.1 AMP Radio
See what’s up on JAMZ!
- Justin Bieber Shares Studio Update
- Lil Wayne Announces 2017 Tour Dates
- Avril Lavigne Gives Details on New Album
- Does Iggy Azalea’s Twerking Video Mean New Music is Coming?
- Britney Spears is ‘Staying Motivated’ in the Gym
- Daily Dish For 3.1.17
- Taylor Swift’s Cats Caught on Tape
- Diplo Engages in Funny Twitter Beef with Oliver Heldens
- Katy Perry Teases Protest Anthem Audio
- Watch Rihanna’s Harvard Humanitarian Award Acceptance Speech