Pastor Mase Hits The Studio With French Montana And Rick Ross
After pastor Mase traded in the studio for the pulpit back in 1999, the rumors of his returns have been greatly exaggerated. French Montana spilled the beans Wednesday (April 18) on yet another Mase comeback, telling fans that he and the Harlem rapper-turned-pastor have connected for a few songs.
“We were in a Miami studio last night and Mase just stopped by,” Montana told XXLmag. “We were just workin’ on my album. We recorded two songs together—me, [Rick] Ross and Mase. You might hear [Mase] on either my album [Excuse My French] or Ross’ [God Forgives, I Don’t] or both.”
Fans were tipped off to the collaboration when a picture that included Mase, Montana, Ross, singer Omarion, and producer Rico Love, surfaced online. While it was not the first time Mase appeared alongside Montana (Mase blessed Montana’s remix of “New York Minute” in 2009) but the connection with all those other names raised eyebrows.
Mase announced that he was retiring from rap to follow God in 1999, just before the release of his sophomore album Double Up. In 2004, he broke his self-imposed exile with Welcome Back and followed that up with an association with 50 Cent and his G-Unit crew, jumping on mixtapes until his deal fell through.
As for the records he recently recorded, Montana is keeping a tight lip. But he does say Mase is back in form.
“Mase sounds good, like he never left,” he said. “His flow is crazy. We’re going to let the world hear soon enough. Stay tuned. Just stay tuned.” –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Reality Check For 9/4/15: JB vs One D, Selena Gomez Cast For Neighbors 2, Tori Spelling Suing Benihana’s
- Enter Keyword To Win Tickets To Rock The Universe
- Vince Staples Wants Miley Cyrus to Apologize to Kendrick Lamar
- Miley Cyrus’ Producer Oren Yoel Discusses ‘Dead Petz’ and Madonna Comparisons
- Avicii Makes Directorial Debut in ‘For a Better Day’ and ‘Pure Grinding’ Videos
- French Montana On Jay Z, Diddy And New Movie: Rap Radar Podcast No. 6
- Harry Styles’ SeaWorld Comments Yield Unbelievable Results
- Lana Del Rey Talks Feminism with James Franco
- Janet Jackson’s ‘Unbreakable’ Details Reveal Only Two Special Guests
- Justin Bieber Discusses His Emotional MTV VMA’s Performance