Pastor Mase Hits The Studio With French Montana And Rick Ross
After pastor Mase traded in the studio for the pulpit back in 1999, the rumors of his returns have been greatly exaggerated. French Montana spilled the beans Wednesday (April 18) on yet another Mase comeback, telling fans that he and the Harlem rapper-turned-pastor have connected for a few songs.
“We were in a Miami studio last night and Mase just stopped by,” Montana told XXLmag. “We were just workin’ on my album. We recorded two songs together—me, [Rick] Ross and Mase. You might hear [Mase] on either my album [Excuse My French] or Ross’ [God Forgives, I Don’t] or both.”
Fans were tipped off to the collaboration when a picture that included Mase, Montana, Ross, singer Omarion, and producer Rico Love, surfaced online. While it was not the first time Mase appeared alongside Montana (Mase blessed Montana’s remix of “New York Minute” in 2009) but the connection with all those other names raised eyebrows.
Mase announced that he was retiring from rap to follow God in 1999, just before the release of his sophomore album Double Up. In 2004, he broke his self-imposed exile with Welcome Back and followed that up with an association with 50 Cent and his G-Unit crew, jumping on mixtapes until his deal fell through.
As for the records he recently recorded, Montana is keeping a tight lip. But he does say Mase is back in form.
“Mase sounds good, like he never left,” he said. “His flow is crazy. We’re going to let the world hear soon enough. Stay tuned. Just stay tuned.” –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Ed Sheeran Lands Role In ‘Sons Of Anarchy’ Creator’s Latest Medieval Drama
- Bobby Brown Releases Statement about Bobbi Kristina Brown’s Death
- Kelly Clarkson Covers Taylor Swift’s ‘Blank Space’
- Kanye Throws Mic and Storms Off Stage at Pan Am Games
- Fashion Find Of The Week: Silver Cuff Bracelet From Charlotte Russe
- Play It Don’t Play It: Austin Mahone “Dirty Work”
- Meek Mill Premieres ‘All Eyes on You’ Video with Nicki Minaj and Chris Brown
- Avril Lavigne Performs For The First Time In Year, Debuts New Single ‘Fly’ At Special Olympics
- Kanye to Caitlyn Jenner: ‘You Couldn’t Have Been Up Against More’
- Taylor Swift Drags Left Shark Into Her Feud With Katy Perry