After pastor Mase traded in the studio for the pulpit back in 1999, the rumors of his returns have been greatly exaggerated. French Montana spilled the beans Wednesday (April 18) on yet another Mase comeback, telling fans that he and the Harlem rapper-turned-pastor have connected for a few songs.
“We were in a Miami studio last night and Mase just stopped by,” Montana told XXLmag. “We were just workin’ on my album. We recorded two songs together—me, [Rick] Ross and Mase. You might hear [Mase] on either my album [Excuse My French] or Ross’ [God Forgives, I Don’t] or both.”
Fans were tipped off to the collaboration when a picture that included Mase, Montana, Ross, singer Omarion, and producer Rico Love, surfaced online. While it was not the first time Mase appeared alongside Montana (Mase blessed Montana’s remix of “New York Minute” in 2009) but the connection with all those other names raised eyebrows.
Mase announced that he was retiring from rap to follow God in 1999, just before the release of his sophomore album Double Up. In 2004, he broke his self-imposed exile with Welcome Back and followed that up with an association with 50 Cent and his G-Unit crew, jumping on mixtapes until his deal fell through.
As for the records he recently recorded, Montana is keeping a tight lip. But he does say Mase is back in form.
“Mase sounds good, like he never left,” he said. “His flow is crazy. We’re going to let the world hear soon enough. Stay tuned. Just stay tuned.” –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Listen To Win A Pair Of Tickets To The Hot Tea Pool Party!
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets And Backstage Passes To Meet Lil Dicky
- Listen To Win A Pair Of Tickets And Backstage Passes To Meet Lil Dicky
- Listen To Win Tickets To SeaWorld’s Viva La Musica
- Listen To Win Tickets To Seaworld’s Viva La Musica
- Play ‘What’s In Jill’s Purse?!’ To Win A Pair Of Tickets To RuPaul’s Drag Race!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Emblem3 Tickets
- Drake Reveals His Dog’s Name
- Chris Brown Drops Mixtape ‘Before the Trap: Nights in Tarzana’
- Why Did Drake Cut Kanye and Jay Z from ‘Views’?