DMX had a breakdown on Thursday’s (April 18) episode of Couples Therapy when the embattled rapper cried out for his “mommy” and delved into the emotional source of his previous drug use.
It began with a session in which DMX mentioned that he learned his estranged wife Tashera Simmons had spoken to his mother without his knowledge. From there he explored his issues with his mother.
“I used to always turn to drugs when I was feeling a certain way and now that I’m not doing that, sometimes when the pressure builds up, I’ll call and say… I just wanted to say ‘Mommy.’ I wanted to say that word. Mommy. Not ‘My mother,’ I wanted to say ‘mommy.’ I just wanted to talk to her. I haven’t talked to her in years and I just wanted to be able to say ‘Hi, mommy. I love you.’ Not once had she she ever told me she loved me….”
In a fit of raw emotion, X broke down and cried for a full minute.
“You know what, I think people lose sight of the fact that no matter how strong you are, as a man, no matter how tough you are, we all need to be somebody’s baby.”
In December 2011, DMX’s publicist announced that he and Tashera have begun filming episodes of VH1’s Couples Therapy, a show designed to give celebrity couples a chance to reconcile.
Other celebrities who take part in the video taped therapy sessions with Dr. Jenn Berman include Linda Hogan (Hogan Knows Best) & Charlie Hill, Chris Nirschel (The Next Food Network Star) & Angelina Pivarnick (“Jersey Shore”), Kasey Kahl (Bachelorette) & Vienna Girardi (The Bachelor) and Reichen Lehmkuhl & Rodiney Santiago (The A-List: New York).
Check out the video of DMX’s breakdown at VH1. –Erik Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Disney Family Commercial Audition
- Taste of Pride
- Daily Dish 9.28.16
- The Trailer For Justin Timberlake’s Netflix Concert Special Is Here
- Mary J. Blige Challenges Hillary Clinton with Bruce Springsteen Cover
- Skrillex, Tyga & Kylie Jenner Throw a Wild Party
- Rob Kardashian Bashes Sisters On Twitter
- Mary J. Blige Sings To Hilary Clinton In Upcoming Apple Music Interview
- Is Ariana Grande Considering a Move to Country Music?
- SeaWorld Orlando To Add Virtual Reality Element To “Kraken” Roller Coaster