Skrillex And Kaskade Save An Icelandic Actress’ Life In Video For “Lick It”
The video is filmed in reverse and features Aníta Lísa Svansdóttir, an Icelandic actress and soccer player, hurriedly walking through a small town as she falls apart…literally. Anita bleeds from the ears as she searches of a pair of headphones to keep her alive. As headphone-wearing townfolk realize she’s without music, they run in fear of having theirs stolen.
Director Sean Stiegemeier said in an interview with MTV News, “Because the camera was attached to the actress as she had to run backwards the entire time, also uphill, on ice, while bleeding out of her ears. Fortunately, she is a professional soccer player and did an amazing job.
Kaskade said of the musical collaboration, “Skrillex and I have different styles, but that is part of what made it fun. I like doing the unexpected, and this track and video is something truly distinctive.” Spinning tunes from within a giant mannequin head high above a crowd of more than 10,000, Kaskade headlined Coachella’s Sahara tent Saturday night. His return appearance this weekend will likely net him another few thousand new fans, especially since his opening act is none other than David Guetta.
“Lick It” is available now on iTunes from Ultra Records.
-Jay Tilles, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Lana Del Ray: Coachella To Hard Rock Live Orlando
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- How To End A Casual Relationship
- Watch Kanye West & Rick Rubin’s Acceptance Video for Tribeca 808s Award
- Ultra Music Festival is Officially Staying in Miami
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Deadmau5 Goes Off on Win Butler for Coachella Comments: ‘Arcade Fire Needs to Settle Down’
- Katy Perry Releases “Birthday” Music Video, Ruins Birthdays
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue