The video is filmed in reverse and features Aníta Lísa Svansdóttir, an Icelandic actress and soccer player, hurriedly walking through a small town as she falls apart…literally. Anita bleeds from the ears as she searches of a pair of headphones to keep her alive. As headphone-wearing townfolk realize she’s without music, they run in fear of having theirs stolen.
Director Sean Stiegemeier said in an interview with MTV News, “Because the camera was attached to the actress as she had to run backwards the entire time, also uphill, on ice, while bleeding out of her ears. Fortunately, she is a professional soccer player and did an amazing job.
Kaskade said of the musical collaboration, “Skrillex and I have different styles, but that is part of what made it fun. I like doing the unexpected, and this track and video is something truly distinctive.” Spinning tunes from within a giant mannequin head high above a crowd of more than 10,000, Kaskade headlined Coachella’s Sahara tent Saturday night. His return appearance this weekend will likely net him another few thousand new fans, especially since his opening act is none other than David Guetta.
“Lick It” is available now on iTunes from Ultra Records.
-Jay Tilles, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Authorized Whitney Houston Documentary Underway
- Kanye West Made Aziz Ansari’s ‘Famous’ Spoof the Song’s Official Video
- Let Black Thought and the Roots Explain ‘Game of Thrones’ to You
- Calvin Harris Announces New Single ‘This Is What You Came For’ Ft. Rihanna
- DJ Khaled, Chance the Rapper Tease Collaboration
- Selena Gomez Joins Share-a-Coke Campaign
- Beyoncé Honors Prince, Dedicates ‘Halo’ to Jay-Z at ‘Formation’ Tour Opener
- Beyoncé Kicks off Formation Tour in Miami: See the Best Instagrams
- Beyonce Kicks Off Formation World Tour In Miami [SETLIST]
- Beyonce Calls Out Jay Z During Formation Tour [VIDEO]