Skrillex And Kaskade Save An Icelandic Actress’ Life In Video For “Lick It”
The video is filmed in reverse and features Aníta Lísa Svansdóttir, an Icelandic actress and soccer player, hurriedly walking through a small town as she falls apart…literally. Anita bleeds from the ears as she searches of a pair of headphones to keep her alive. As headphone-wearing townfolk realize she’s without music, they run in fear of having theirs stolen.
Director Sean Stiegemeier said in an interview with MTV News, “Because the camera was attached to the actress as she had to run backwards the entire time, also uphill, on ice, while bleeding out of her ears. Fortunately, she is a professional soccer player and did an amazing job.
Kaskade said of the musical collaboration, “Skrillex and I have different styles, but that is part of what made it fun. I like doing the unexpected, and this track and video is something truly distinctive.” Spinning tunes from within a giant mannequin head high above a crowd of more than 10,000, Kaskade headlined Coachella’s Sahara tent Saturday night. His return appearance this weekend will likely net him another few thousand new fans, especially since his opening act is none other than David Guetta.
“Lick It” is available now on iTunes from Ultra Records.
-Jay Tilles, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Reality Check For 7/7/15: Kourtney Calls It Quits, Amazon’s Prime Day, Starbucks Raising Prices Again
- New At 9: Alessia Cara ‘Here’
- Holy Ship 2016: Kaskade, DJ Snake, Porter Robinson Top 2016 Lineups
- Australians Constructing 68-Story Tower Dedicated to Beyoncé
- It’s International Kissing Day
- Can Women Be Beautiful and Funny? Hollywood Execs Still Not Sure
- Alison Brie Trying Salt N Pepa’s ‘Shoop’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’ Is the Whitest Thing: Watch
- Fans Left Waiting for Nicki Minaj at Wireless Festival After She Got Stuck in Traffic
- Kanye West Is the Only Feature on the Weeknd’s New Album, Says Ed Sheeran
- Miguel Genuinely Believes He Makes Better Music Than Frank Ocean