B.o.B. Talks Women, Music, And Morgan Freeman
“I had to get God on the track,” B.o.B. said. “It’s an intro track, and like, man, when you hear it, it’s just epic. When I made it I was like, ‘Man it would be really sick if I could get Morgan Freeman on this.’ And we actually got him on it so it’s great.”
B.o.B. said the same thing happened with Taylor Swift.
A ladies man like B.o.B., who penned “10 Things That Make You Girlfriend Material” for Cosmopolitan Magazine, couldn’t leave before outlining his favorite summer styles for women.
“I like a woman in sweat pants, yoga pants, nothing at all,” B.o.B said. “I don’t like it when a girl wears a skirt with tennis shoes and no socks. On the tennis court, it looks sexy but if it’s just a regular day, a skirt with tennis shoes, running shoes with no socks?”
On a serious note, B.o.B said he’s proud of the maturity and growth on his new album.
“The thing that I really like the most about this album as opposed to the first album is that I got a chance to put much more of myself on this album,” he said. “It’s just more mature, it’s more evolved. It’s 15 tracks and I’m doing a bonus, I have a bonus album coming out at Target. It’s a lot of great stuff.”
Just this week, B.o.B released new single, the Alex da Kid-produced “So Hard To Breathe.”
“The album’s phenomenal, I’ve got to admit. I’ve been recording intensively since January,” he said
About to begin a two-year tour, B.o.B. explained life on the road. “It’s definitely addictive, if you pace yourself right you can tour for a very long time,” he said.
But it isn’t all fun and games. Describing how busy his life is, B.o.B. said he once forgot his own birthday.
“My parents brought me gifts and I thought, ‘What’s going on?'” he said.
Strange Clouds is scheduled for a May 1 release.
– Christy Strawser 98.7 AMP/Detroit
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Jill’s Fabulous Friend: Protein Powder White Russians Best For Hangovers
- Nicki Minaj Faces VMAs Censorship Challenge from the Parents Television Council
- Jessie J Announces New Album ‘Sweet Talker’
- 378 People Pay It Forward At Starbucks
- Calvin Harris Teases New Song with John Newman, ‘Blame': Listen
- Nico & Vinz Announce U.S. Debut Album ‘Black Star Elephant’
- Lil Jon Says ‘Bend Ova’ Lyrics Come from Watching YouTube, Wants to Host Game Shows
- Florida Georgia Line, Ed Sheeran ‘Both Want’ to Collaborate
- Beyoncé & Jay Z’s Cuba Anniversary Trip Deemed Legal By U.S. Government
- Lauryn Hill Dedicates Her Song ‘Black Rage’ to Ferguson: Listen