Brandy Talks Mystery Guest On New Song, Chris Brown Connection Intensifies
Brandy has big plans for her next single, “Put It Down,” a collaboration with a rapping R&B powerhouse she refuses to name. With her upcoming album Two Eleven possibly pushed back to a July release date, Brandy talked up her new song.
“The thing we are working out now is that the single has a feature,” she told TrueExclusives.com. “It’s both a rapper and singer.”
While she did not directly name Chris Brown as the featured artists, there were some clues suggesting that he may be the “rapper and singer.”
Aside from releasing a string of songs on which Brown has displayed his MCing chops, the two recently spent some time in the studio together.
“The session was amazing,” Brandy said. “To work with people that love you and your craft and what you do, it makes the song even better and the experience even better because you are working with people that you love.”
When asked to describe the single with the mysterious guest performer, she allowed that it is an “uptempo” track that is “very very different.”
Her label wanted to release the single ASAP, according to Brandy, but she said fans will have to wait two weeks from now to find out the identity of this mystery guest. [See interview below.] –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Kanye West Changed the Title of His Album & Says It Could Change Again
- Drake, Foo Fighters & The Strokes All Set To Headline Austin City Limits 2015, According to Leaked Lineup
- Taylor Swift Shares Her Text Messages with Ed Sheeran and They’re Pretty Adorable
- Britney Spears & Iggy Azalea Explain What It’s Like Being ‘Pretty Girls': Listen
- Thanks to ‘SNL,’ Scarlett Johansson’s Black Widow Finally Gets Her Own Movie
- Wiz Khalifa Brings ‘See You Again’ & ‘We Dem Boyz’ to ‘SNL': Watch
- Reality Check for 5/4/15: Jimmy Kimmel Dresses Like Bieber, Royal Baby, 12 Things You Do When You’re Home Alone
- Beat My Tweet To See Charli XCX In Concert
- Tomorrowland Brazil 2015 Live Stream: Watch
- Jason Bateman Narrates ‘A LEGO Brickumentary’—Coming to Theaters in July