Brandy Talks Mystery Guest On New Song, Chris Brown Connection Intensifies
Brandy has big plans for her next single, “Put It Down,” a collaboration with a rapping R&B powerhouse she refuses to name. With her upcoming album Two Eleven possibly pushed back to a July release date, Brandy talked up her new song.
“The thing we are working out now is that the single has a feature,” she told TrueExclusives.com. “It’s both a rapper and singer.”
While she did not directly name Chris Brown as the featured artists, there were some clues suggesting that he may be the “rapper and singer.”
Aside from releasing a string of songs on which Brown has displayed his MCing chops, the two recently spent some time in the studio together.
“The session was amazing,” Brandy said. “To work with people that love you and your craft and what you do, it makes the song even better and the experience even better because you are working with people that you love.”
When asked to describe the single with the mysterious guest performer, she allowed that it is an “uptempo” track that is “very very different.”
Her label wanted to release the single ASAP, according to Brandy, but she said fans will have to wait two weeks from now to find out the identity of this mystery guest. [See interview below.] –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Neurotic City: 5 Times Prince Has Acted Ponderously Purple
- Pharrell, Chad Hugo Made Into Statues for Art Piece
- Watch Justin Bieber Twerk for An Old Woman
- Liam Gallagher Just Wants Kanye West to Go Back to ‘The College Dropout’
- Watch This ‘Uptown Funk’ Parody, Now with 100 Percent More Dancing Old People
- Ariana Grande, Cashmere Cat Debut New Untitled Track on Tour: Watch
- Fifth Harmony Bring The Sledgehammer To The Ellen Show
- Madonna Blames Her Cape for BRITs Fall, But She’s Fine
- Scarlett Johansson Served Cease-and-Desist Regarding New Band
- Will Smith Performs ‘Summertime,’ Takes Awkward Question From Jazzy Jeff on ‘Kimmel’