In the piece, writer David Samuels says he posed the question to Obama at a New York City fundraiser. And the president obliged.
“Although I like Kanye…He’s a Chicago guy. Smart. He’s very talented.”
When the president was reminded that he once called West a jackass, he doubled down on his assessment. “He is a jackass,” Obama reportedly said. “But he’s talented.”
Obama originally referred to Kanye as a “jackass” for interrupting Taylor Swift’s acceptance speech at the 2009 MTV Music Video Awards. West famously rushed the stage and took the mic from Swift to announce that Beyonce should be the rightful winner, not Swift.
During a CNBC interview, Obama was asked about the debacle. He spoke candidly, unaware that the cameras were still rolling.
“The young lady seems like a perfectly nice person, she’s getting her award,” Obama said. “What’s he doing up there? He’s a jackass.”
After the crew broke out in laughter, President Obama tried to pull back his remarks.
“All this stuff, I’m assuming, all this stuff… C’mon guys, cut the president some slack.” [See video below]
The president asked for no such slack this time around. –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Tickets To See Kehlani
- Play ‘Battle Of The Hoods’ To Win Big Sean Tickets
- Listen To Chad & Jill In The Morning To Win A $100 Bonefish Giftcard
- Play “Show Tune Tuesdays” To Win “The Space Between Us” Advance Screening Tickets
- Hungry? Score A $50 Gift Card to Duffy’s Sports Grill This Weekend Of Winning
- Future Lives Large in ‘Poppin’ Tags’ Video
- Serena Williams Snaps At Reporter
- Obama’s Final Letter As President Will Make You Cry
- President Trump Quotes Line From “The Dark Knight Rises” In Inauguration Speech
- Migos Share New Track ‘What the Price’