Lil Wayne had love on his mind during his time behind bars. While he was serving a sentence for a gun case in 2010, he was penning an album of “love” songs, he recently admitted.
“I was also recording an album at the same time called Devol, spelled D-E-V-O-L because that’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards,” Wayne told MTV’s Hip-Hop POV. “And this is my version of love songs. And what I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying I love you. I mean…I’m saying, you know, you know. And it’s all material I did while I was locked up.”
Wayne was freed from jail in November 2010, after serving eight months behind bars for having a gun on his tour bus in 2007. While inside, he released his experimental album I Am Not a Human Being, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
On November 28, Wayne will release his memoir, Gone Till November, based on his thoughts and experiences behind bars.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Little Mix Want Real Men in ‘You Gotta Not’: Listen
- Charli XCX Keeps It Going with ‘After the Afterparty’
- Amy Schumer Says Her ‘My Formation’ Video was Never a Parody
- Calvin Harris’ ‘My Way’ Video Subtweets Taylor Swift
- What You Doin’ At The Courthouse (10/28/16)
- Niall Horan and James Corden Get Seductive for Halloween with ‘Candy’
- Common, BJ the Chicago Kid Perform ‘Black America Again’ on ‘Fallon’
- New Destiny’s Child Instagram Account Fuels Reunion Rumors
- [AUDIO] Connie Britton Talks Importance Of Voting & New ‘Nashville’ Season
- A Tribe Called Quest Confirms Final Album, Release Date