Lil Wayne Reveals Jailhouse Album Plan, “This Is My Version Of Love Songs”
Lil Wayne had love on his mind during his time behind bars. While he was serving a sentence for a gun case in 2010, he was penning an album of “love” songs, he recently admitted.
“I was also recording an album at the same time called Devol, spelled D-E-V-O-L because that’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards,” Wayne told MTV’s Hip-Hop POV. “And this is my version of love songs. And what I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying I love you. I mean…I’m saying, you know, you know. And it’s all material I did while I was locked up.”
Wayne was freed from jail in November 2010, after serving eight months behind bars for having a gun on his tour bus in 2007. While inside, he released his experimental album I Am Not a Human Being, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
On November 28, Wayne will release his memoir, Gone Till November, based on his thoughts and experiences behind bars.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Win Tickets To See Fifth Harmony
- Win Tickets To See Ed Sheeran
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To See Nico & Vinz
- Win Tickets To Ride The Orlando Eye
- Download Pingo to Have Fun and Win Prizes While Taking Photos
- Lance Bass on One Direction: ‘I Just See Harry Leaving Soon’
- Drake Shook Hands with Paul Pierce & Now Everyone’s Mad
- Yelawolf, Eminem Visit Church in ‘Best Friend’ Video: Watch
- Uh, Is Diddy Starring in ‘Rush Hour 4’?
- Bleachers Remix Sia’s ‘Big Girls Cry': Listen