Lil Wayne had love on his mind during his time behind bars. While he was serving a sentence for a gun case in 2010, he was penning an album of “love” songs, he recently admitted.
“I was also recording an album at the same time called Devol, spelled D-E-V-O-L because that’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards,” Wayne told MTV’s Hip-Hop POV. “And this is my version of love songs. And what I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying I love you. I mean…I’m saying, you know, you know. And it’s all material I did while I was locked up.”
Wayne was freed from jail in November 2010, after serving eight months behind bars for having a gun on his tour bus in 2007. While inside, he released his experimental album I Am Not a Human Being, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
On November 28, Wayne will release his memoir, Gone Till November, based on his thoughts and experiences behind bars.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Celebrate National Puppy Day With These Cute Videos
- Chainsmokers, Keith Urban, Aerosmith to Play NCAA March Madness Music Festival
- Get Ready To Watch Major Movie Releases At Home
- 5 Costly Songwriting Similarities
- Asking Siri About 108 Will Dial 911
- Diddy Releases Statement on ‘Reverse-Racism’ Lawsuit Claim
- Next Set Of Emojis Coming Soon
- Daily Dish For 3.23.17
- Dave Chappelle Impersonates Drake, Lil Wayne
- Fifth Harmony’s Lauren Jauregui Bares Almost All for Photo Shoot