Lil Wayne Reveals Jailhouse Album Plan, “This Is My Version Of Love Songs”
Lil Wayne had love on his mind during his time behind bars. While he was serving a sentence for a gun case in 2010, he was penning an album of “love” songs, he recently admitted.
“I was also recording an album at the same time called Devol, spelled D-E-V-O-L because that’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards,” Wayne told MTV’s Hip-Hop POV. “And this is my version of love songs. And what I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying I love you. I mean…I’m saying, you know, you know. And it’s all material I did while I was locked up.”
Wayne was freed from jail in November 2010, after serving eight months behind bars for having a gun on his tour bus in 2007. While inside, he released his experimental album I Am Not a Human Being, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
On November 28, Wayne will release his memoir, Gone Till November, based on his thoughts and experiences behind bars.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- The Weeknd Shares Track Listing for ‘Beauty Behind the Madness’ featuring Lana Del Rey, Ed Sheeran
- Nicki Minaj Donates 5k To Amber Rose’s Slut Walk
- Zayn Malik and Perrie Edwards Reportedly End Engagement
- Woman Finds Out Diplo Has Been Impersonating Her
- [PHOTOS] One Direction Debut ‘Drag Me Down’ Live On ‘Good Morning America’
- Hollywood Is Getting A Divorce
- Lana Del Rey will Release ‘High By The Beach’ Single Next Week
- Michael Rapaport Compares Drake V. Meek Feud to Other Epic Rap Battles: Listen
- Jay Z is the Key to Taylor Swift’s Friendship with Kanye West
- Taylor Swift Helps Australian Senior Citizens to ‘Shake It Off’