Lil Wayne had love on his mind during his time behind bars. While he was serving a sentence for a gun case in 2010, he was penning an album of “love” songs, he recently admitted.
“I was also recording an album at the same time called Devol, spelled D-E-V-O-L because that’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards,” Wayne told MTV’s Hip-Hop POV. “And this is my version of love songs. And what I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying I love you. I mean…I’m saying, you know, you know. And it’s all material I did while I was locked up.”
Wayne was freed from jail in November 2010, after serving eight months behind bars for having a gun on his tour bus in 2007. While inside, he released his experimental album I Am Not a Human Being, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
On November 28, Wayne will release his memoir, Gone Till November, based on his thoughts and experiences behind bars.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Katy Perry Crashes Wedding Reception in St. Louis
- DJ Khaled’s Son Had the Most Extravagant 1st Birthday Party Ever
- Sam Smith: ‘I Feel Just as Much Woman as I am Man”
- Listen This Week For Tickets To See Lana Del Rey!
- Taylor Swift Teases ‘…Ready For It’ Video with Nude Suit, Cyborgs
- The Walking Dead Season Premiere Had People On Twitter Like
- Meek Mill Does a Trampoline Flip at Philadelphia 76ers Game: Watch
- [PHOTOS] High School Takeover 2017 Presented by Florida Technical College
- Paris Jackson Lends Vocals to Cousin Austin’s Performance: Watch
- Not Everyone Is Happy About Justin Timberlake’s Return To The Super Bowl Halftime Show