Lil Wayne had love on his mind during his time behind bars. While he was serving a sentence for a gun case in 2010, he was penning an album of “love” songs, he recently admitted.
“I was also recording an album at the same time called Devol, spelled D-E-V-O-L because that’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards,” Wayne told MTV’s Hip-Hop POV. “And this is my version of love songs. And what I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying I love you. I mean…I’m saying, you know, you know. And it’s all material I did while I was locked up.”
Wayne was freed from jail in November 2010, after serving eight months behind bars for having a gun on his tour bus in 2007. While inside, he released his experimental album I Am Not a Human Being, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
On November 28, Wayne will release his memoir, Gone Till November, based on his thoughts and experiences behind bars.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Lady Gaga to Perform at Super Bowl Halftime
- Danie B Talks New Music And Friendship With Frenship
- “The Lion King” Is Getting A Live Action Make Over
- [WATCH] Chad & Jill In The Kitchen With Cake Boss’ Buddy Valastro
- One Direction Weigh in on Niall Horan’s Solo Debut
- Shawn Mendes is Definitely Up for a Niall Horan Collaboration
- Tim Tebow Hits A Home Run
- The Chainsmokers Drop New Track ‘All We Know’
- Niall Horan Releases First Single, ‘This Town’
- Beyoncé Shows Off New Ivy Park Collection