Lil Wayne Reveals Jailhouse Album Plan, “This Is My Version Of Love Songs”
Lil Wayne had love on his mind during his time behind bars. While he was serving a sentence for a gun case in 2010, he was penning an album of “love” songs, he recently admitted.
“I was also recording an album at the same time called Devol, spelled D-E-V-O-L because that’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards,” Wayne told MTV’s Hip-Hop POV. “And this is my version of love songs. And what I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying I love you. I mean…I’m saying, you know, you know. And it’s all material I did while I was locked up.”
Wayne was freed from jail in November 2010, after serving eight months behind bars for having a gun on his tour bus in 2007. While inside, he released his experimental album I Am Not a Human Being, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
On November 28, Wayne will release his memoir, Gone Till November, based on his thoughts and experiences behind bars.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Zedd Teases EDM Remix of Magic!’s ‘Rude': Listen
- Jill’s Fabulous Friend: If Miley Cyrus Wears It…Do The Opposite
- Chris Brown Reveals ‘X’ Tracklist, Including Kendrick Lamar, R. Kelly
- Paparazzi Hater Kanye West Says His Father Was a Paparazzo
- Watch Drake & Lil Wayne Bring Out Bobby Shmurda and Do His Shmoney Dance On Stage
- Bea Miller Takes Over The 101.9 AMP Radio Twitter Account
- Miley Cyrus and 5 Other Musicians Who’ve Used Award Shows as Protest Signs
- Quickest Interview Ever: Bea Miller [VIDEO]
- Superman And Lois Lane Take The ALS Ice Bucket Challenege! It’s Awesome! [VIDEO]
- Trending: Ariana Grande Doesn’t Always Order A Grande From Starbucks