Lil Wayne had love on his mind during his time behind bars. While he was serving a sentence for a gun case in 2010, he was penning an album of “love” songs, he recently admitted.
“I was also recording an album at the same time called Devol, spelled D-E-V-O-L because that’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards,” Wayne told MTV’s Hip-Hop POV. “And this is my version of love songs. And what I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying I love you. I mean…I’m saying, you know, you know. And it’s all material I did while I was locked up.”
Wayne was freed from jail in November 2010, after serving eight months behind bars for having a gun on his tour bus in 2007. While inside, he released his experimental album I Am Not a Human Being, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
On November 28, Wayne will release his memoir, Gone Till November, based on his thoughts and experiences behind bars.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Did Justin Bieber Trash Post Malone’s Dressing Room?
- [PHOTOS] 101.9 AMP Radio’s Electric Bounce House Starring Steve Aoki, Bebe Rexha, gnash & The Jump Smokers
- [VIDEO] Steve Aoki Backstage At Electric Bounce House 2016
- [PHOTOS] 101.9 AMP Radio’s Electric Bounce House Starring Steve Aoki, Bebe Rexha, gnash & Jump Smokers
- Some Prince DNA Claimants’ Documents will be Released
- Fergie’s Racy New Song ‘M.I.L.F. $’ is Here
- Demi Lovato Drops New Track ‘Body Say’
- [PHOTOS] Backstage At Electric Bounce House
- Justin Timberlake Called Out by Rapper Vic Mensa
- Daily Dish For 7.1.16