Lil Wayne had love on his mind during his time behind bars. While he was serving a sentence for a gun case in 2010, he was penning an album of “love” songs, he recently admitted.
“I was also recording an album at the same time called Devol, spelled D-E-V-O-L because that’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards,” Wayne told MTV’s Hip-Hop POV. “And this is my version of love songs. And what I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying I love you. I mean…I’m saying, you know, you know. And it’s all material I did while I was locked up.”
Wayne was freed from jail in November 2010, after serving eight months behind bars for having a gun on his tour bus in 2007. While inside, he released his experimental album I Am Not a Human Being, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
On November 28, Wayne will release his memoir, Gone Till November, based on his thoughts and experiences behind bars.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Register To Win Disney’s ‘THE JUNGLE BOOK’ On Digital HD
- Teyana Taylor’s Cat Face Explained
- This Video Will Make You Stop Texting And Driving Forever
- Jury Duty Causes Taylor Swift to Skip Out On VMAs
- Britney Spears Talks ‘Glory,’ Her VMA Performance and Vegas
- Niykee Heaton Announces ‘Centerfold’ Tour
- Alicia Keys Ditches Make-Up and Honors Martin Luther King, Jr. At VMAs
- Kanye West Wants ‘Unity’ & ‘Love’ with Taylor Swift
- #PhelpsFace Happened Because of Future
- Justin Bieber’s Instagram in Limbo