Lil Wayne had love on his mind during his time behind bars. While he was serving a sentence for a gun case in 2010, he was penning an album of “love” songs, he recently admitted.
“I was also recording an album at the same time called Devol, spelled D-E-V-O-L because that’s ‘loved’ spelled backwards,” Wayne told MTV’s Hip-Hop POV. “And this is my version of love songs. And what I mean by my version of love songs is meaning they’re not saying I love you. I mean…I’m saying, you know, you know. And it’s all material I did while I was locked up.”
Wayne was freed from jail in November 2010, after serving eight months behind bars for having a gun on his tour bus in 2007. While inside, he released his experimental album I Am Not a Human Being, which hit No. 1 on the Billboard 200 chart.
On November 28, Wayne will release his memoir, Gone Till November, based on his thoughts and experiences behind bars.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Daily Dish For 7.25.16
- Register To Win Four Tickets To Brave Skull Island: Reign Of Kong
- Register To Win Jurassic Quest Tickets
- Listen All Weekend To Win Barbershop: The Next Cut On Blu-ray DVD
- Brave Skull Island: Reign Of Kong At Universal Orlando Resort When You Play ‘What’s In Jill’s Purse?!’
- Listen To Danie B. To Win Tickets To See Pitbull
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Pitbull Tickets
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To RARE Orlando
- Play Show Tune Tuesday To Win Tickets To The ‘I Love The 90’s Tour’
- ‘Star Trek’ Predicts Hip-Hop is the ‘Classical Music’ of the Future