Jay-Z’s Rocawear Hits Home Run With New York Yankees
When Jay-Z boasted that he “made the Yankee hat more famous than a Yankee can” on “Empire State of Mind,” there may have been some doubters. To solidify his bold claim, the clothing company he co-founded has announced a partnership with the 27-time World Series champions.
Yesterday (April 11) Rocawear released a statement regarding the deal the clothing company made with the Yankees organization.
Jameel Spencer, EVP Marketing, men’s division, Iconix Brand Group, Inc., made the connection in a statement released by Rocawear.
“Jay-Z has been a long-time fan of the Yankees, regularly attends games and has even included his favorite team in song lyrics, so this was a natural partnership. Rocawear, along with Jay-Z are very excited to be working with the Yankees for the 2012 season. We feel another championship in ’12!”
Yankees fans will notice Rocawear’s branded signage in Yankee Stadium, as well as integrated promotions throughout the season.
The new announcement comes just weeks after Jay-Z premiered his first Rocawear commercial for the brand. The black and white clip, called “From Marcy to Barclays,” features images of Jay-Z and his Marcy neighborhood and ends with him onstage in full color. [See the commercial below] –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Street Fighting, Car Chases & Wu-Tang Clan’s Rare Album Abound in Skrillex’s New Video: Watch
- Selena Gomez Drops Upbeat New Song ‘Do It,’ ‘My Dilemma 2.0′ Remix: Listen
- Chris Brown Souped Up His Car with Tupac Lyrics
- Win Your Tickets To The 101.9 AMP Radio Ho Ho Ho Holiday Show!
- Listen To Dustin Every Morning To Win Your Tickets To Usher’s UR Experience Tour!
- Listen To Dustin And Score Your 4 Pack Fandango Movie Passes!
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Beat My Tweet To Win Your Tickets To DigiTour “The First Youtube Music Festival”
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- 10 Signs Your Relationship Isn’t Going Anywhere