Jay-Z’s Rocawear Hits Home Run With New York Yankees
When Jay-Z boasted that he “made the Yankee hat more famous than a Yankee can” on “Empire State of Mind,” there may have been some doubters. To solidify his bold claim, the clothing company he co-founded has announced a partnership with the 27-time World Series champions.
Yesterday (April 11) Rocawear released a statement regarding the deal the clothing company made with the Yankees organization.
Jameel Spencer, EVP Marketing, men’s division, Iconix Brand Group, Inc., made the connection in a statement released by Rocawear.
“Jay-Z has been a long-time fan of the Yankees, regularly attends games and has even included his favorite team in song lyrics, so this was a natural partnership. Rocawear, along with Jay-Z are very excited to be working with the Yankees for the 2012 season. We feel another championship in ’12!”
Yankees fans will notice Rocawear’s branded signage in Yankee Stadium, as well as integrated promotions throughout the season.
The new announcement comes just weeks after Jay-Z premiered his first Rocawear commercial for the brand. The black and white clip, called “From Marcy to Barclays,” features images of Jay-Z and his Marcy neighborhood and ends with him onstage in full color. [See the commercial below] –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Win A $100 Gift Certificate To Bonefish Grill
- Win Tickets & Meet N’ Greet Passes To See Prince Royce
- Deadmau5 Trolls Justin Bieber, Diplo & Skrillex with Parody Remix of ‘Where Are Ü Now’
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend
- Rihanna’s Sexual, Violent ‘BBHMM’ Video is Very NSFW
- Beyoncé Recreates ‘7/11′ Video to Celebrate Gay Marriage Equality