When Jay-Z boasted that he “made the Yankee hat more famous than a Yankee can” on “Empire State of Mind,” there may have been some doubters. To solidify his bold claim, the clothing company he co-founded has announced a partnership with the 27-time World Series champions.
Yesterday (April 11) Rocawear released a statement regarding the deal the clothing company made with the Yankees organization.
Jameel Spencer, EVP Marketing, men’s division, Iconix Brand Group, Inc., made the connection in a statement released by Rocawear.
“Jay-Z has been a long-time fan of the Yankees, regularly attends games and has even included his favorite team in song lyrics, so this was a natural partnership. Rocawear, along with Jay-Z are very excited to be working with the Yankees for the 2012 season. We feel another championship in ’12!”
Yankees fans will notice Rocawear’s branded signage in Yankee Stadium, as well as integrated promotions throughout the season.
The new announcement comes just weeks after Jay-Z premiered his first Rocawear commercial for the brand. The black and white clip, called “From Marcy to Barclays,” features images of Jay-Z and his Marcy neighborhood and ends with him onstage in full color. [See the commercial below] –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To Bryson Tiller
- Listen To Win Tickets To See The Hitman’s Bodyguard In Theaters
- Play SnapChad To Win Tickets To Kid Cudi
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win Fandango Tickets To See The Hitman’s Bodyguard
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win Visit Orlando’s Magical Dining
- Join 1019 AMP Radio for The Insane Inflatable 5K
- Selena Gomez Confirms Marshmello Collaboration
- Fergie Reveals ‘Double Dutchess’ Tracklist
- Fetty Wap Releases New Song ‘There She Go’
- Kanye West and Kid Cudi in Japan Working on Secret Project: Report