Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Chris Brown Posts Picture of TMZ’s Founder, Says He’s ‘What the Devil Looks Like’
- New Found Glory Claims One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Copies One of Their Songs
- Adam Levine Goes Psycho in Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video: Watch
- Pharrell Williams Draws from Manga, Video Games for ‘It Girl’ Video: Watch
- ‘Love and Hip Hop Hollywood’ Star Mally Mall’s Home and Escort Service Raided Under Suspicion of Human Trafficking
- Win A 4-Pack Of Tickets And Backstage Passes To Meet 5 Seconds Of Summer
- Katy Perry’s PIZZA Onesie? I Want Pizza!
- Maroon 5’s New Video “Animals” Gives Me The Creeps!
- Fergie Sets Her Comeback Via DJ Mustard with ‘L.A. Love': Listen
- Chris Brown Denies Gang Affiliations