Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- There’s All Kinds of Color in Gwen Stefani’s Video for ‘Baby Don’t Lie': Watch
- ‘South Park’ Releasing Kanye West ‘Hobbit’ Spoof for Record Store Day
- UNICEF Using Music to Educate Liberia About Ebola with ‘Ebola is Real': Listen
- Kevin Hart Pokes Fun at Drake’s Air Ball, Drake Fires Back
- Wiz Khalifa Release Interactive Video for ‘Stayin Out All Night': Watch
- [PHOTOS] Renee Zellweger’s New Face???
- Taylor Swift is Your Tour Guide in ‘Welcome to New York’
- Watch Taylor Swift’s Visit with the Naked Chef, ‘Shake It Off’ Parody ‘Bake It Off’
- Lorde Tags Chemical Brothers, Miguel for ‘Hunger Games’ Song ‘This is Not a Game': Listen
- [PHOTOS] 101.9 AMP Radio Enjoys The Taste Of Maitland