Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Taylor Swift Concert Bracelets Save Teens After Car Wreck
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘New and Sexy’ Daily Show Premiere Date in New Video: Watch
- Nicki Minaj Releases Youthful Video For “The Night Is Still Young”
- Kelly Clarkson Singing ‘Love Shack’ Karaoke with a 10-Year-Old Fan Is Super Cute: Watch
- Kanye West Settles ‘Bound 2′ Lawsuit
- Tracy Morgan to Give First Interview Since His Car Accident Last Summer
- Drake Dropped a New Verse About Friends—Or Lack Thereof—Last Night
- Fun Fun Fun Fest 2015 Lineup: Wu-Tang Clan, D’Angelo to Headline
- Demi Lovato Wants You To Speak Up For Mental Health
- Steph Curry’s 2-Year-Old Daughter Riley Adorably Sings Drake to Celebrate Warriors Win