Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Enter To Win ‘The Shallows’ on Blu-Ray!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Charlie Puth Tickets
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets To Howl-O-Scream At Busch Gardens Tampa
- Guess That Show Tune To Win Charlie Puth Tickets
- Listen To Win Tickets To Madame Orlando, An Evening Of Hollywood Glam
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win Charlie Puth Tickets And $50 At Tapa Toro
- Astrid S Talks New Music And Breaking Into The US
- Adam Levine and Behati Prinsloo Welcome Baby Girl
- Jon Bellion on J. Dilla’s Influence and Being a ‘Very Sensitive Cat’
- Chris Brown’s Ordered To Have Supervised Visits With Daughter