Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Ultra Music Festival in Miami Goes 18 and Over
- Usher Bringing ‘UR Experience’ Fall Tour To Amway Center In December
- Petition Asks TBS, Time Warner to Drop CeeLo Green’s Reality Show After Tweets About Consent
- Zedd Fronts Anti-Smoking Campaign for The Real Cost: Watch Acoustic ‘Stay the Night’ Performance
- Justin Bieber Arrested on Assault, Dangerous Driving Charges After ATV Accident
- Diplo, Skrillex Booed Off the Stage at Burning Man After Queuing Up ‘Turn Down for What’
- Chris Brown Pleads Guilty in D.C. Assault Case
- Jessie Ware Collaborates with Dev Hynes on ‘Want Your Feeling': Listen
- New Kanye West Song Snippets Appear on ‘Kardashians': Listen to ‘Awesome’
- Maroon 5 Bringing 2015 World Tour To Tampa