Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Nora En Pure
- Register To Win Four Tickets To Brave Skull Island: Reign Of Kong
- Listen To Win Tickets With Meet And Greets To See Demi Lovato & Nick Jonas
- Ride SeaWorld Orlando’s Mako™ When You Play Battle Of The Hoods
- Play ‘What’s In Jill’s Purse?!’ To Win A Pair Of Tickets With Meet And Greets To Twenty One Pilots
- Want To Meet Steve Aoki, Bebe Rexha, Jump Smokers & gnash at EBH?
- Sia Teams with Diplo for ‘Waving Goodbye’
- Selena Gomez’s New Album is Almost Done
- Kelly Clarkson Announces New ‘Soulful Album,’ Free Downloads
- Rihanna to Appear on ‘Star Trek Beyond’ Soundtrack?