Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- The Weeknd’s New Music Video for ‘The Hills’ Starts Off with a Bang: Watch
- See Jennifer Lopez’s New Look…Before She Got Confetti Bombed
- Stream Jason Derulo’s New Album ‘Everything Is 4′
- Miley Cyrus Tweets About Netflix Show, Netflix Show Gets Renewed
- Amy Schumer Tries To Defend Bill Cosby in the Court of Public Opinion: Watch
- ‘iZombie’ Recap Episode 11: Is This the Real Life?
- Jason Derulo Says ‘Everything Is 4′ Is His Greatest Work
- SeaWorld Unveils Orlando’s Tallest, Fastest, And Longest Coaster “Mako”
- Reality Check For 5/27/15: Taylor Swift Youngest Most Powerful Woman, New Dictionary Words, Pizza Hut And Taco Bell Ingredient Changes
- Taylor Swift & Beyonce Are Among Forbes’ 100 Most Powerful Women