Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Pharrell to Star in Fairytale Chanel Campaign, Drops Original Single with Carla Delevigne
- Selena Gomez Talks AMA Performance And What She Was Wearing At The AMAs
- Demi Lovato Says She Doesn’t ‘Have Anything in Common’ Anymore with Former Friend Miley Cyrus
- Eminem Gives a Shout-out to the Little Guy in ‘Guts Over Fear’ Video: Watch
- Stream & Download Shady Records’ Expansive ‘Shady Classics’ Mixtape
- Mystikal Gets Funky with Mark Ronson on ‘Get Right': Listen
- Beyoncé Got Bored and Decided to Film a Video for ‘7/11′ in Her Hotel Suite: Watch
- Katy Perry Calls Out ‘Perverted’ Australian Paparazzi in Twitter Rant
- Ariana Grande May Be on Nicki Minaj’s ‘The Pinkprint’
- Q&A: Fergie on L.A., In-N-Out Burgers and Paving the Way for EDM