Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- DIY 4th Of July Treats For The The Perfect Party
- Paris Jackson’s Newest Tattoo Pays Tribute to Michael
- Ansel Elgort Sings ‘Despacito’
- Toilet Seat Covers Are The New Beauty Trend
- Nas and Travis Scott Join DJ Khaled for ‘It’s Secured’ Video
- Ed Sheeran Used Loop Pedal, Not Backing Track at Glastonbury 2017
- Watch Migos’ Pre-Show Altercation with Joe Budden at BET Awards
- “All The Feels” For 6.26.17
- Daily Dish For 6.26.17
- DJ Khaled Storms 2017 BET Awards with Quavo, Lil Wayne, Chance the Rapper