Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- What You Doin’ At The Courthouse (10/21/16)
- 5 Best Songs on Lady Gaga’s Personal, Spirited ‘Joanne’
- Miley Cyrus, Katy Perry Stumping Hard for Hillary Clinton
- Cher and James Corden Serenade Each Other with ‘I Got You Bae’
- Weird Al Moderates Presidential Debate on ‘Bad Hombres, Nasty Women’
- Watch Chance the Rapper’s iPhone Video for ‘How Great’
- Prince Greatest Hits Album, ‘Purple Rain’ Deluxe Edition on the Way
- Walking Dead 101
- New Mural Goes Up At Einstein Bros. Bagels Across From Pulse
- Daily Dish For 10.21.16