Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Bruno Mars, Solange Lead ‘Soul Train’ Nominees
- Selena Quintanilla Gets Doodle Tribute And The Internet Goes Crazy
- Unlikely Morning Rituals
- Essential Items That People Cannot Live Without
- Chris Brown Details 45 Track Album ‘Heartbreak on a Full Moon’
- Selena Gomez Shares Heartwarming Video with Sister Gracie
- Nicki Minaj on Her Fight for Respect as a Female Rapper
- Chad and Jill Chat With ‘This Is Us’ Star Chris Sullivan
- Mila Kunis and Ashton Kutcher Keep Their Kids Away From The Media
- Kelly Clarkson Addresses Body Image on New Track ‘Whole Lotta Woman’