Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Adele Didn’t Drop an Album on Her Birthday, But She Did Dress Up as George Michael: See The Photo
- Prince Will Hold a Peace Rally in Baltimore This Mother’s Day
- A$AP Rocky Thinks Hillary Clinton & Kanye West Are Both ‘The Best’
- Watch Justin Bieber Turn Up to Big Sean’s ‘IDFWU’ Before Mayweather vs. Pacquiao
- [PHOTOS] Cinco De Mayo Fiesta Crashers On Wall St Plaza
- Reality Check For 5/6/15: Sam Smiths Serious Vocal Injury, Don’t Disappoint Mom on Mothers Day, Hangover Cures
- New App Inserts Taylor Swift Lyrics Into Your Text Messages
- Chris Brown Las Vegas Battery Charges Dropped
- Register To Win Fifth Harmony Tickets
- 1990s Sitcoms: 7 Shows We Wish We Could Stream Right Now