Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Cool Things Your iPhone Can Do!
- Free Iced Coffee Day At Dunkin’ Donuts
- Interview: Sky Ferreira on Why Men Just Don’t Get It
- One Direction Working with Good Charlotte, Kodaline on Upcoming Album
- Watch the Phone: Jay Z & Kanye to Perform Together at SXSW
- Stream Skrillex’s Debut Album ‘Recess’
- Lana Del Rey Announces 2014 North American Tour
- Justin Bieber Surprises SXSW With Intimate Show Surrounded By Screams
- Lana Del Rey Coming To Hard Rock Live Orlando!
- Hot Right Now: Ariana Grande’s Nickelodeon Show “Sam & Cat” May Be Cancelled