Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- This Is What TIDAL Looked Like in 1919
- 9 Ways to Get Your Zombie Fix After ‘The Walking Dead’ Season Finale
- Martin Garrix Debuts Ed Sheeran-Featuring Song ‘Rewind Repeat It’ at Ultra: Watch
- No, Kanye West’s ‘So Help Me God’ Is Not on TIDAL Right Now
- Robert Plant & Diplo May Be Collaborating
- Stream Jay Z’s TIDAL Press Conference
- Deadmau5 Blasts Krewella for Allegedly Unplugged Set at Ultra
- Did TIDAL’s Star-Studded Promo Use Producer’s Song Without Asking?
- Fifth Harmony Are the Wolves of Wall Street in ‘Worth It’ Video Featuring Kid Ink: Watch
- The TIDAL Promo Video Is So Illuminati It Hurts