Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- How Kanye West Will Handle Presidential Debates
- Panera Bread Baking Pink Ribbon Bagels For Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Lil’ Wayne Sees Visions of Tupac in New ‘Pour Up’ Song
- Watch Justin Bieber Discuss His One Direction Conspiracy Theory
- One Direction’s Liam Payne “Shoves” Louis Tomlinson During Concert
- Reality Check For 10/6/15: Will Smith Rapping Again, $3 Boorito at Chipotle, General Mills Cereal Recall
- Listen to this Amazing Drake/Danzig Mash-Up
- Kesha’s Mom Calls Out Silent Artists
- Justin Bieber & Floyd Mayweather do Karaoke, Just Like You
- Tupac ‘Thug Life’ Letter Up for Auction