Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Play It, Don’t Play It: Kalin And Myles “Trampoline”
- Nickelback’s Chad Kroeger Is Working with Members of One Direction on Music
- ‘Timing’ Kept Lana Del Rey & Frank Ocean Off Brian Wilson’s New Album
- Hozier Covers Ariana Grande’s ‘Problem': Listen
- Missy Elliott Joining Katy Perry at the Super Bowl Halftime Show: Report
- Top 5 Lines From Big Sean’s ‘Blessings’ Feat. Drake and Kanye West
- Iggy Azalea Lashes Out at Steve Madden Following Photo Shoot
- Katy Perry Explains That ‘Mean Girls’ Tweet Everyone Thinks is About Taylor Swift
- Big Sean is #Blessed on New Track Featuring Drake & Kanye West
- Katy Perry Goes Beast Mode at Super Bowl Press Conference