Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- You Can’t Buy Beyoncé’s Limited Edition iWatch, Sorry
- Rihanna Was a Bridesmaid, Got the Munchies, Because She Is a Normal Human Being
- Pitbull Playing Universal 25th Anniversary Concert Series
- Whistle Along to Adam Lambert’s New Song ‘Ghost Town’
- Reality Check For 4/21/15: Jurassic World Trailer, Ariana Grande Splits From Big Sean, Lies To Tell When Dating
- ‘Full House’ Reboot is Coming to Netflix in 2016
- Jon Stewart’s Final ‘Daily Show’ Date Has Been Revealed
- Bobbi Kristina Has ‘Irreversible Brain Damage,’ According to Cissy Houston
- Miley Cyrus Is Having the Best 4/20 Ever
- Watch the Best Movie Trailers for the Top Blockbusters of 2015 and 2016