Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
-E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Taco Bell Introduces New Cap’N Crunch Donut Desserts!
- Beyonce Extends Empire With Vegan Meal Delivery
- Beat My Tweet To Win Two Tickets To Kalin And Myles
- Alesso Dances His Way From Nerd to Heartthrob in ‘Cool’ Video: Watch
- Impact: Kelly Clarkson Returns to Pop on ‘Piece By Piece’
- People on Twitter Really Don’t Want to Hear House of Cards Spoilers
- Snoop Dogg & Pharrell Can’t Stop Dancing in New ‘Bush’ Trailer: Watch
- VIP And Backstage Passes At Cash Cash Show
- Kelly Clarkson Says Her Husband Is the Only Person She’s Ever Truly Loved
- Watch King Kong Punch a Shark in David Guetta’s ‘What I Did for Love’ Video