Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Listen To Win Tickets To The “Power 96 Holiday Throwback” Show
- ‘Beat My Tweet’ To Win Tickets To See The Roots At House Of Blues
- ‘AMP’ Up Your Holiday Cheer At Universal Orlando™ Resort
- Play “What’s In Jill’s Purse?!” To Win Tickets To Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents Circus XTREME
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win $100 To Bonefish Grill
- Win Tickets To See The Rock Hard Male Revue
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win EBH2 Tickets And FunkyEyes.com Contacts!
- Shawn Mendes, Maren Morris & Chance the Rapper to Perform on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- No, J Cole Did Not Diss Kanye
- Donald Glover Is The Genius Everybody Ignores