Rick Ross Suffers Seizures, Cancels Guyana Concert
Health scares continue to plague Rick Ross. His latest scheduled performance in Guyana was canceled due to seizures, according to a statement released by promoters.
The show was to take place on Monday (April 9) as part of the Easter Fest Rozay program at the Guyana National Stadium.
Promoters at Hits and Jams Entertainment released a statement which said they were informed that Ross “suffered a medical emergency” and has been ordered by his doctors to not travel, reports Allhiphop.com.
They promoters went on to say they will work on an alternative date for the festival.
This is not the first health scare concerning Ross. In October 2011, he suffered a string of seizures, including one while he was on his way to a performance in Tennessee.
He chalked those episodes up to over exertion.
“I felt a little wore out but I felt like I could keep going,” he explained to BET’s 106 & Park. “And I boarded a jet and I had another seizure and when I snapped out of that one, I woke up in front of doctor.”
Ross has not yet spoken about the recent health episode.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Becky G Releases New Song “We Are Mexico” And Targets Donald Trump
- 13 Funniest Tweets on the Disastrous #AskELJames Twitter Q&A
- New At 9: Jason Derulo ‘Cheyenne’
- Justin Bieber Gets Graffiti-‘d On in Skrillex and Diplo’s ‘Where Are Ü Now’ Video
- Rihanna’s Bad Girl BET Awards Moment Was Completely Staged, Obviously
- Iggy Azalea Says This is Why ‘Pretty Girls’ Won’t Be the Song of the Summer
- 12 Awful Trends That Unfortunately Came Back In Style
- ‘I Am Chris Farley’ Documentary Trailer Might Make You Tear Up: Watch
- Tom Cruise Could Be Flying Drones in ‘Top Gun’ Sequel
- Jon Stewart Reaching Out to Conservative Foes for Final Show