Vibe magazine’s May Global issue features Alicia Keys as its cover girl, with a pompadour and remarkably different look for the normally ultra-feminine singer. The magazine bills it as Alicia’s first “real” interview, done with her husband Swizz Beatz. The two disclose how they met — and how they didn’t meet 14 years ago when Beatz tried to get her number and failed. He now chalks it up, saying “It wasn’t our time yet.”
Keys has been busying herself, creating a new album and getting back into the swing of interacting with her fans. She’s launched an Instagram account to share intimate photos, a Tumblr where she has been curating media of interest from movie trailers to inspirational quotes, and she spent last weekend @ replying to fans for hours on Twitter.
Keys has also been keyed in to this season of The Voice, where her backup singer Jermaine Paul is one of the final contestants under mentor Blake Shelton. Keys Tweeted out her early support for Paul.
Amazing performance! That was so fun to watch ;-) #TheVoice
— Alicia Keys (@aliciakeys) March 6, 2012
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Elton John Performs Post-Super Bowl Carpool Karaoke with James Corden
- Taylor Swift to Open the GRAMMY Awards
- When It’s Okay To Skip A Day At The Gym
- Orlando 4th Best City In Country For Valentine’s Day
- Free Frozen Yogurt To Celebrate National Frozen Yogurt Day
- Beyoncé Announces 2016 World Tour Dates
- Register To Win Goosebumps On DVD
- Jason Derulo Suffers Dance Injury, Requires Stitches
- Beyonce Bringing Formation World Tour To Tampa
- [PHOTOS] Coldplay, Bruno Mars, Beyonce Light Up Super Bowl 50 Halftime Show