Lupe Fiasco Preps New Album
On Monday Lupe Fiasco Tweeted that he was holding a listening session for his record label to hear his new album, Food And Liquor 2: Great American Rap Album Pt.1 in New York City. A few hours later, Lupe tweeted to “…Prepare Yourselves….F&L2 is a GO…”
Food&Liquor2:GreatAmericanRapAlbumPt.1 is in NYC…1st Label Listening Session….
— Lupe Fiasco (@LupeFiasco) April 9, 2012
His last album, L.A.S.E.R.S., got mixed reviews from fans and critics alike. Lupe himself disavowed the album, telling Complex magazine, “A lot of the songs that are on the album, I’m kinda neutral to. Not that I don’t like them, or that I hate them, it’s just I know the process that went behind it. I know the sneaky business deal that went down behind this song, or the artist or singer or songwriter who wrote this hook and didn’t want to give me this song in the first place.”
Lupe’s relationship with Atlantic Records seems to be healed in comparison to the 2011 release of L.A.S.E.R.S., in which Lupe called out his label on the track “The Show Goes On” and accused them of putting “chains on [his] soul.” The album was pushed back several times because of creative and marketing differences between Lupe and Atlantic Records.
No release date has been set yet for Lupe’s next release.
-Randall Tyree, 101.5 Jamz
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Pharrell and United Nations Foundation Team Up for International Day of Happiness 2014
- Ke$ha Is Feeling Better and Ready to Make Music
- Musicians + Sports: American Authors on Baseball, the Red Sox and Kanye West’s Aquatic Calling
- Win A Gift Certificate For ‘Antojito’s Authenic Mexican Food’ At Universal CityWalk ®
- [PHOTOS] 1019 AMP Radio Switch Party With Rixton
- Steve Aoki ‘Cakes’ Dog Whisperer Cesar Millan After Emergency Pooch Training
- Tiesto, Hardwell, Calvin Harris & Steve Angello Lead Electric Daisy Carnival NY 2014 Lineup
- Jennifer Lopez’s Drops New Single, ‘I Luh Ya Papi’ Featuring French Montana
- Skrillex & Boys Noize Go Interstellar for New Dog Blood Video ‘Chella Ride’
- New Study Finds That Some People Are Incapable of Enjoying Music