On Monday Lupe Fiasco Tweeted that he was holding a listening session for his record label to hear his new album, Food And Liquor 2: Great American Rap Album Pt.1 in New York City. A few hours later, Lupe tweeted to “…Prepare Yourselves….F&L2 is a GO…”
Food&Liquor2:GreatAmericanRapAlbumPt.1 is in NYC…1st Label Listening Session….
— Lupe Fiasco (@LupeFiasco) April 9, 2012
His last album, L.A.S.E.R.S., got mixed reviews from fans and critics alike. Lupe himself disavowed the album, telling Complex magazine, “A lot of the songs that are on the album, I’m kinda neutral to. Not that I don’t like them, or that I hate them, it’s just I know the process that went behind it. I know the sneaky business deal that went down behind this song, or the artist or singer or songwriter who wrote this hook and didn’t want to give me this song in the first place.”
Lupe’s relationship with Atlantic Records seems to be healed in comparison to the 2011 release of L.A.S.E.R.S., in which Lupe called out his label on the track “The Show Goes On” and accused them of putting “chains on [his] soul.” The album was pushed back several times because of creative and marketing differences between Lupe and Atlantic Records.
No release date has been set yet for Lupe’s next release.
-Randall Tyree, 101.5 Jamz
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Listen to Young Thug, 2 Chainz, Wiz Khalifa and PnB Rock’s ‘Gang Up’
- Zayn Malik Drops New Track ‘Still Got Time’ Featuring PartyNextDoor
- Here Are All The Samples From Drake’s “More Life” Album
- Adele Pays Tribute to London Attack Victims
- True Life: I Caught Four Mosquitoes Having A Spring Fling!
- 5 Artists Who Should Appear on Kendrick Lamar’s Next Album
- Killer Cobra Still On The Loose In Ocala
- Migos Brawl with Bikers in New ‘What The Price’ Video
- David Guetta Teams with Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne for ‘Light My Body Up’
- Pharrell Teams with Mike WiLL Made-It on Futuristic ‘Aries (YuGo)’