Dubstep mastermind Skrillex and his English pop-star girlfriend Ellie Goulding have been reportedly recording with Dutch dance producers Swedish House Mafia. The three got together to collaborate on a track for Goulding’s upcoming album.
Swedish House Mafia’s Sebastian Ingrosso told Billboard, “We made a demo and it was amazing; we had a blast… Ellie is a great artist… her voice is amazing. Skrillex, enough said, he is Skrillex.”
According to Ingrosso, the pair were late to the Interscope-arranged recording session. “Ellie and Skrillex came in 30 minutes late, and we had already started with a melody. Skrillex freaked out, he loved it, and after a few hours we wrote the song.”
Although Ingrosso couldn’t confirm a release date, he believed that the track might be included on the follow up to Goulding’s forthcoming album. “In this business you don’t know until you see it on iTunes.”
In an interview on the blog of Daily Mirror columnistDean Piper, Goulding described the sound of her new album, “It’s started to sound very dark and very weird. This album is going to be even more emotional…I wanted to make it so there is hope. I want to make an effect whether it’s happy or sad.”
According to Sonny Moore (Skrillex), his relationship with the singer-song writer started as an email then blossomed into an internet romance. Goulding collaborated with Moore on a track titled “Summit,” for his EP Bangarang.
-Jay Tilles, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Defamation Lawsuit Continues
- Dunkin Donuts, Baskin-Robbins Restaurants Supporting OneOrlando Fund
- Iggy Azalea Discusses Nick Young’s Betrayal
- The United Forever Fundraiser Hosted By Chad Pitt
- Rihanna Drops ‘Sledgehammer’ Music Video
- Deadmau5 Launches Virtual Reality Game
- Wiz Khalifa Countersued by Rostrum Records
- Lorde Can’t Stand to See Kids Miss School Lunch
- Check out Justin Timberlake as a Troll
- Chinese Can’t Place Bets on Taylor Swift’s Love Life Anymore