Dubstep mastermind Skrillex and his English pop-star girlfriend Ellie Goulding have been reportedly recording with Dutch dance producers Swedish House Mafia. The three got together to collaborate on a track for Goulding’s upcoming album.
Swedish House Mafia’s Sebastian Ingrosso told Billboard, “We made a demo and it was amazing; we had a blast… Ellie is a great artist… her voice is amazing. Skrillex, enough said, he is Skrillex.”
According to Ingrosso, the pair were late to the Interscope-arranged recording session. “Ellie and Skrillex came in 30 minutes late, and we had already started with a melody. Skrillex freaked out, he loved it, and after a few hours we wrote the song.”
Although Ingrosso couldn’t confirm a release date, he believed that the track might be included on the follow up to Goulding’s forthcoming album. “In this business you don’t know until you see it on iTunes.”
In an interview on the blog of Daily Mirror columnistDean Piper, Goulding described the sound of her new album, “It’s started to sound very dark and very weird. This album is going to be even more emotional…I wanted to make it so there is hope. I want to make an effect whether it’s happy or sad.”
According to Sonny Moore (Skrillex), his relationship with the singer-song writer started as an email then blossomed into an internet romance. Goulding collaborated with Moore on a track titled “Summit,” for his EP Bangarang.
-Jay Tilles, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Celebrate the Season with #GivingTuesday
- 100 Years of Men’s Hairstyles
- Join The AMP Squad At Altamonte Mall On Black Friday For Your Opportunity To Win Tickets To See Mac Miller!
- Mack Wilds Wants an old School Romance on ‘Love In The 90z’
- The 11 Most Popular Things To Do On Thanksgiving
- Listen To Katy Perry’s New Christmas Song In H&M Commercial
- Justin Bieber Cancels Colbert Appearance, Possibly Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade Apperance
- Christina Aguilera, Ed Sheeran to Perform on ‘A Home For The Holidays’
- 5 Completely Random Facts About Thanksgiving
- Adele’s ’25’ Has Already Sold Over 2.4 Million Copies, Breaks Record In Just 3 Days