In anticipation of their upcoming self-titled album, The Wanted released a new single yesterday. The energetic “Chasing the Sun” brings to mind the club beat of previous chart-topping hit “Glad You Came.” With a sing-along chorus and memorable percussion it’s sure to follow in the footsteps of “Glad You Came” to become a summer smash.
“I’m better, so much better now/ I see the light/ Touch the light/ We’re together now,” the band sings at the song’s start.
With electronic rhythms and catchy “woah-oh-oh’s” it’s hard not to dance along.
Meanwhile, the album artwork showcases the band’s dark side as each member is clad in leather jackets and jeans on a black and blue backdrop.
— Nathan Sykes (@NathanTheWanted) April 4, 2012
Last night, the U.K. act performed on American Idol. Describing it as a dream come true, The Wanted continue their U.S. takeover.
Idol was amazing! I was soo nervous! Had the time of my life! Dream come true!! 😀 hope you all liked the performance!
— Nathan Sykes (@NathanTheWanted) April 6, 2012
In promotion of their April 24th U.S. release, the band has been introducing themselves to fans in a series of video features. Each day of the week showcases a new video from the band members. The latest video titled #ThursJay films Tom Parker asking Jay McGuiness questions from fans including the comical how he would change the world. Watch below.
– Annie Reuter CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Tickets To See Kehlani
- Play ‘Battle Of The Hoods’ To Win Big Sean Tickets
- Listen To Chad & Jill In The Morning To Win A $100 Bonefish Giftcard
- Play “Show Tune Tuesdays” To Win “The Space Between Us” Advance Screening Tickets
- Hungry? Score A $50 Gift Card to Duffy’s Sports Grill This Weekend Of Winning
- Future Lives Large in ‘Poppin’ Tags’ Video
- Serena Williams Snaps At Reporter
- Obama’s Final Letter As President Will Make You Cry
- President Trump Quotes Line From “The Dark Knight Rises” In Inauguration Speech
- Migos Share New Track ‘What the Price’