Kanye West Drops “Mercy,” A G.O.O.D. Look For 2 Chainz, Big Sean And Pusha T
This has been a G.O.O.D. Music week for Kanye West. In the span of 48 hours he dropped the bombshell “TheraFlu,” in which the rapper roused PETA and revealed that he was love sick for Kim Kardashian, and he released “Mercy,” the next single from his upcoming G.O.O.D. Music compilation.
On Wednesday (April 4) G.O.O.D. Music artist Pusha T announced via Twitter that “Mercy” was due to drop on Good Friday.
RT @PUSHA_TApril 6th is GOOD Friday… “MERCY” drops..
— PUSHA T (@PUSHA_T) April 4, 2012
That same night, Kanye’s “TheraFlu” hit the airwaves and caused a storm of controversy. On “TheraFlu” West confesses his past love for reality star Kim Kardashian, disses her ex, Kris Humphries, and raised the hackles of animal rights organization PETA.
While Pusha promised the song would hit on Friday, “Mercy” rocked radio last night (April 4), showcasing verses from Big Sean, Pusha T and 2 Chainz, who predicted that the song would show no mercy to competition.
“Tomorrow is Good Friday and me and the crew gonna be dropping the first single off that compilation,” he told SOHH last night. “It’s jamming and it should drive the internet crazy tomorrow. That’s a good thing to add to the resume, definitely.”
“Mercy” is the first single from the anticipated G.O.O.D. Music compilation. You can listen to “Mercy” here.
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Hang With The AMP Team At The Spark Run!
- Drake, Lil Wayne May Tour Together Again
- Taylor Swift Covers Vogue UK, Talks Dating: ‘I Don’t Think They Want What Comes with It’
- Quickest Interview Ever: Charli XCX [VIDEO]
- Quickest Interview Ever: Michael Myers [VIDEO]
- Trending: Taylor Swift Admits She Wouldn’t Date Herself
- 10 Surprising Facts About Walt Disney World
- Ben Affleck Should Never, Ever Sing ‘Let It Go’ Again : Watch And Hear Why
- Prince Brings Kendrick Lamar to the Stage at Paisley Park Listening Party: Watch
- Theophilus London on New Kanye West Album: ‘It Isn’t Finish[ed]‘