This has been a G.O.O.D. Music week for Kanye West. In the span of 48 hours he dropped the bombshell “TheraFlu,” in which the rapper roused PETA and revealed that he was love sick for Kim Kardashian, and he released “Mercy,” the next single from his upcoming G.O.O.D. Music compilation.
On Wednesday (April 4) G.O.O.D. Music artist Pusha T announced via Twitter that “Mercy” was due to drop on Good Friday.
RT @PUSHA_TApril 6th is GOOD Friday… “MERCY” drops..
— PUSHA T (@PUSHA_T) April 4, 2012
That same night, Kanye’s “TheraFlu” hit the airwaves and caused a storm of controversy. On “TheraFlu” West confesses his past love for reality star Kim Kardashian, disses her ex, Kris Humphries, and raised the hackles of animal rights organization PETA.
While Pusha promised the song would hit on Friday, “Mercy” rocked radio last night (April 4), showcasing verses from Big Sean, Pusha T and 2 Chainz, who predicted that the song would show no mercy to competition.
“Tomorrow is Good Friday and me and the crew gonna be dropping the first single off that compilation,” he told SOHH last night. “It’s jamming and it should drive the internet crazy tomorrow. That’s a good thing to add to the resume, definitely.”
“Mercy” is the first single from the anticipated G.O.O.D. Music compilation. You can listen to “Mercy” here.
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Justin Bieber: “They Can’t Take Down Orlando”
- [PHOTOS] Justin Bieber Purpose World Tour: Orlando
- Joe Budden Disses Drake, But Only to Inspire Him
- ‘Straight Outta Compton’ Defamation Lawsuit Continues
- Dunkin Donuts, Baskin-Robbins Restaurants Supporting OneOrlando Fund
- Iggy Azalea Discusses Nick Young’s Betrayal
- The United Forever Fundraiser Hosted By Chad Pitt
- Rihanna Drops ‘Sledgehammer’ Music Video
- Deadmau5 Launches Virtual Reality Game
- Wiz Khalifa Countersued by Rostrum Records