Jennifer Lopez Releases “Dance Again” Video
The first thing of note in Jennifer Lopez’s latest video is that her latest love interest, Casper Smart, is her co-star. It’s not as over-the-top as the appearance with ex-boyfriend Ben Affleck in “Jenny From The Block,” largely because in “Dance Again” the two lovers aren’t featured in life-like surroundings. “Jenny” set Jen & Ben in a faux living room and aboard a yacht — situations meant to invoke their real life and by extension give the impression of a voyeuristic look into their relationship.
But “Dance Again” offers no such glimpse, setting JLo and Casper far outside of any day-to-day activities of a normal couple. The two are locked in an otherworldly place of dance that sometimes breaks the laws of gravity. So the most notable thing becomes their dance sequence, flashing back and forth between regular costumes and sliver body paint/alien versions of themselves. It leaves the viewer to wonder, when the normal video versions of JLo and Casper are so far outside of the norm that the laws of our galaxy don’t apply, what kind of weird world do the silver body paint versions of the two live in? The closest the viewer comes is getting a glimpse at the end of a glowing bottle that holds a writhing pile of small bodies, including JLo, rubbing each other in ecstasy.
The video is directed by Paul Hunter, a veteran music video director with hundreds of credits to his name including Snoop Dogg’s “Drop It Like It’s Hot” and Justin Timberlake’s “My Love.”
-Courtney E. Smith
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Pharrell Releases ‘Social Book,’ Which Relies on Readers to Help Write It
- How To End A Casual Relationship
- Watch Kanye West & Rick Rubin’s Acceptance Video for Tribeca 808s Award
- Ultra Music Festival is Officially Staying in Miami
- Watch Katy Perry Go Undercover in ‘Birthday’
- One Direction Accused of Plagiarism with ‘You and I’ Video
- Deadmau5 Goes Off on Win Butler for Coachella Comments: ‘Arcade Fire Needs to Settle Down’
- Katy Perry Releases “Birthday” Music Video, Ruins Birthdays
- Beyoncé Lands the Cover of TIME’s 100 Most Influential People Issue
- Avril Lavigne Responds to Claims That Her ‘Hello Kitty’ Video is Racist