Jennifer Lopez Releases “Dance Again” Video
The first thing of note in Jennifer Lopez’s latest video is that her latest love interest, Casper Smart, is her co-star. It’s not as over-the-top as the appearance with ex-boyfriend Ben Affleck in “Jenny From The Block,” largely because in “Dance Again” the two lovers aren’t featured in life-like surroundings. “Jenny” set Jen & Ben in a faux living room and aboard a yacht — situations meant to invoke their real life and by extension give the impression of a voyeuristic look into their relationship.
But “Dance Again” offers no such glimpse, setting JLo and Casper far outside of any day-to-day activities of a normal couple. The two are locked in an otherworldly place of dance that sometimes breaks the laws of gravity. So the most notable thing becomes their dance sequence, flashing back and forth between regular costumes and sliver body paint/alien versions of themselves. It leaves the viewer to wonder, when the normal video versions of JLo and Casper are so far outside of the norm that the laws of our galaxy don’t apply, what kind of weird world do the silver body paint versions of the two live in? The closest the viewer comes is getting a glimpse at the end of a glowing bottle that holds a writhing pile of small bodies, including JLo, rubbing each other in ecstasy.
The video is directed by Paul Hunter, a veteran music video director with hundreds of credits to his name including Snoop Dogg’s “Drop It Like It’s Hot” and Justin Timberlake’s “My Love.”
-Courtney E. Smith
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Jill’s Fabulous Friend: Protein Powder White Russians Best For Hangovers
- Nicki Minaj Faces VMAs Censorship Challenge from the Parents Television Council
- Jessie J Announces New Album ‘Sweet Talker’
- 378 People Pay It Forward At Starbucks
- Calvin Harris Teases New Song with John Newman, ‘Blame': Listen
- Nico & Vinz Announce U.S. Debut Album ‘Black Star Elephant’
- Lil Jon Says ‘Bend Ova’ Lyrics Come from Watching YouTube, Wants to Host Game Shows
- Florida Georgia Line, Ed Sheeran ‘Both Want’ to Collaborate
- Beyoncé & Jay Z’s Cuba Anniversary Trip Deemed Legal By U.S. Government
- Lauryn Hill Dedicates Her Song ‘Black Rage’ to Ferguson: Listen