Fresh off their European tour, Far East Movement talked with 101.5 jamz/Phoenix about the group’s new album Dirty Bass, working with Justin Bieber and what big stars will appear on their upcoming release.
“We recorded half of our new album Dirty Bass in hotel bathrooms,” Kev Nish said. “It’s still the same grind.”
As far as their collaboration with Justin Bieber goes, the band confessed “Live My Life” happened in a more professional environment. While Nish commented that they want the ladies to think it happened in a bathroom, it was actually at a studio.
“The best part when we did that song is, we finished it and had that moment where it’s like, ‘Let’s hear it. Let’s close our eyes, turn it up and hear it,'” Nish said. “[Justin] started getting that footwork in and dancing. I was like, ‘Oh, this track’s gonna go.’ Just seeing that energy, you can feel the life.”
Still excited to hear their songs on the radio, Far East Movement’s upcoming album is sure to bring about more air time. With A-list contributors, Nish talked of who the band’s been working with.
“We were just in the studio with will.i.am. We haven’t really talked about a lot of the people who worked on this album,” Nish said. “This album we got in with Will. We got in with this band named Tokio Hotel, YG, Tyga, Pitbull, Cassie. There’s a long list of amazing people that we’re grateful for. They believe in our project and it’s a lot of fun.”
As far as the sound of Dirty Bass, Nish promises a good time. “This album is what we call the golden era of that booty shaking music.”
Far East Movement is headed back on tour with LMFAO so look for them to fly like a G6 into your city this summer.
– Randall Tyree 101.5 jamz
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Ja Rule Says Fyre Festival Disaster is not His Fault
- French Montana’s ‘Unforgettable’ Challenge Takes Over The Internet
- Happy National Superhero Day
- Machine Gun Kelly Drops New Track ‘Let You Go’
- Halsey’s ‘Hopeless Fountain Kingdom’ Features Quavo, Lauren Jauregui
- Sean Paul Drops ‘Body’ Video Featuring Migos
- Vin Diesel Performs During Latin Billboard Awards
- Jennifer Lopez Wins Big At Latin Billboard Awards
- Diddy’s ‘Can’t Stop, Won’t Stop’ Documentary Coming to Apple Music
- Harry Styles Announces 2017 Tour