Pitbull On Working With Jennifer Lopez, Jay-Z And Lohan Legal Woes
Pitbull took the time from his busy schedule to talk with the B96/Chicago about working with Jennifer Lopez on “Dance Again,” his take on the music business, future collaborations, and his legal troubles with Lindsay Lohan.
Pitbull always has multiple projects going on at the same time. He has learned a lot from working with Jennifer Lopez on her new single “Dance Again,” and previously “On The Floor.” Pit expressed his admiration for JLo, saying “Jennifer is not only a a good friend, but someone that I watch and study a whole lot. Everybody studies her. I look up to her because she is a walking empire, man, someone that works very hard. She gave me an amazing opportunity on the ‘On The Floor’ record as far as RedOne. RedOne produced this record (‘Dance Again’) too. So when she called me up for this one and I heard it, I said ‘Oh boy, this sounds like a global monster.’”
Pitbull does have a good ear for music, and has a proven track record for making international hits. He has a lot of experience and a broad perspective on the music business and different movements. Pitbull shared, “I’ve been a part of many different movements, but as you notice, I never categorize myself. So I’ve been a part of the Down South movement, the Crunk movement, and a lot of movements come and go. A lot of people put me in the Reggaeton scene just for the fact that I just happened to be someone that’s fluent in English and Spanish.”
Pitbull has worked with many artists, but if there’s anybody Pitbull wants to work with in the future, it’s definitely Jay-Z. “Someone that I’m looking forward to do a record with is Jay-Z, who I honor not only an an artist, but as a businessman.”
Even though there is a ton of good energy surrounding Pitbull, there have been news stories claiming that Lindsay Lohan is suing Pitbull over the line “I got it locked up like Lindsay Lohan” in “Give Me Everything,” his collaboration with Ne-Yo. Pitbull has a very positive attitude about the whole matter. “Lindsay Lohan has given me amazing promotion. I want to say thank you very much to her. But on my end, all I tried to do was empower Lindsay Lohan with what I said on the record. And if you notice, the whole record is a positive record. I start off the record saying how I flipped my life from something negative to positive.”
Pitbull likes to leave his fans with words of wisdom and empowerment. He closed his interview saying, “As long you you work hard, somehow, some way, you’ll get lucky.”
-Danielle Clasing, B96 Chicago
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Chris Brown Souped Up His Car with Tupac Lyrics
- Win Your Tickets To The 101.9 AMP Radio Ho Ho Ho Holiday Show!
- Listen To Dustin Every Morning To Win Your Tickets To Usher’s UR Experience Tour!
- Listen To Dustin And Score Your 4 Pack Fandango Movie Passes!
- Taylor Swift Wants Her Belly Button to Remain a ‘Mystery’
- Beat My Tweet To Win Your Tickets To DigiTour “The First Youtube Music Festival”
- Interview: Charli XCX on ‘Sucker,’ Working with Weezer and Chilling at the White House
- 10 Signs Your Relationship Isn’t Going Anywhere
- Beyoncé’s New Song ‘Ring Off’ Is a Tribute to Her Mom
- Bruno Mars & Mark Ronson Do Everything Wrong in ‘SNL’ Teaser: Watch