Nicki Minaj And Drake Swap Style Tips: “I Tell Him What Girls Like”
It’s well known that Nicki Minaj and Drake share spots on Lil Wayne‘s Young Money imprint; top positions on record charts; pubic scrutiny and fan adoration. But the Queen of the Barbz recently revealed that she also shares style tips with the Canadian rapper.
In an interview with Vibe magazine, Minaj explains the greatest advice she gives her Young Money labelmate.
“[Laughs] I told him recently to go back to his clean-cut look,” she said. “I always tell him what I think girls are going to like. We have a couple laughs about it and keep it moving. In terms of image, whenever I wear my black hair, he’s so happy. He’s like, ‘Yo, that’s how I want you to look.’ We have more in-depth conversations about the business, but those are confidential.”
She went on to talk about the short-lived beef between Drake and Common.
“All I know is that Drake is extremely talented and he’s very smart,” she said. “I don’t think people realize how intelligent he is, so some things are… It’s fun. Some things are hip-hop, and that’s what it is. If he does have a target on his back it’s because he’s extremely successful and he makes music people can relate to.”
Speaking on her new album Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded, which was released yesterday (April 3), Minaj said she is happy with her musical choices.
“I think I had the most growth outside of [her debut] Pink Friday. My features really gave me the most confidence, because I used the features to play around a lot. Once I’m having fun, the lyrics are the simplest thing to come up with.”
Along with Roman Reloaded, Minaj recently announced that her video for “Beez in the Trap,” featuring 2 Chainz, was on the way. She told MTV.com that she has shot and edited a footage for “Beez in the Trap” and was looking to present it to the world as her next video.
“It’s real sexy,” she said. “There’s a clean version and an explicit version, and it’s goin’ to be popin’.”
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Dr. Luke Files Lawsuit Against Kesha’s Mother, Accuses Her of ‘Tortious Interference’
- Style Files: Kim Cesarion on Suits and Stockholm Fashion
- Interview: Usher Talks ‘UR Experience’ Tour, ‘Hands of Stone,’ Bieber and Strippers
- Taylor Swift Says She Was ‘Never Taught the Definition of Feminism’ as a Little Girl, Wishes She Had Been
- This Taylor Swift/Beyoncé Mashup Will Change Your Life
- Taylor Swift on Why ‘1989’ Song ‘How You Get the Girl’ Could Result in a Restraining Order: Watch
- Girl Wakes Up From Surgery, Upset She’s Not Nicki Minaj! [Video]
- ‘Frozen,’ ‘Walking Dead,’ Dog Spider: Halloween Costume Guide 2014
- Eminem Reveals ‘ShadyXV’ Tracklist Featuring Big Sean, Danny Brown, Skylar Grey
- T-PAIN Sings Better Without Auto-Tune