Jennifer Lopez Shares Details On New Single, Working With Pitbull
The world’s most beautiful woman, Jennifer Lopez, called into 92.3 NOW/New York today to promote her new single and soon to be released music video for “Dance Again.” The American Idol judge debuted her latest dance floor offering last week, and just like her 2011 smash hit “On The Floor,” she teamed up with Pitbull.
Her previous hit single featuring Mr. Worldwide was the most viewed video – receiving half a billion hits on VEVO and earning her the title of Most Watched Female Artist of All Time.
As if the sex appeal wasn’t enough with Pitbull being involved, in “Dance Again” J.Lo gets cozy with her co-star and real-life boyfriend, Casper Smart. Of the track, J.Lo said it is about going through a tough time.
“I’ve had quite a year myself and I’m no stranger to difficult moments. When I heard the demo I had to tweak the verses and write a little bit to make it what I wanted to make it,” she said. “The whole idea of just dancing again, loving again and wanting that, I think a lot of people can relate. It’s really inspirational to me and that’s what I wanted it to be for everybody else.”
She continued to explain that the message behind the song is about being in a better place.
“I wanted the song to match the video. Life goes on, you’re gonna live, it’s gonna be OK and you’re gonna have these moments,” she said. “But sometimes you have to go through places you wouldn’t normally find yourself in to get to that place.”
While Lopez was proud of the track once finished, she allowed Pitbull to put the final touches on “Dance Again.”
“I just love him. I love the energy that he brings,” she said. “He’s very positive, he’s very giving. At the same time he lives in the clubs, he knows what’s going on out there. He knows how to take a record and just add that little extra. I thought ‘Dance Again’ was a great record when I was done with it, but I knew he was going to add to it. He’s like the icing on the cake.”
Jennifer Lopez will debut the music video for “Dance Again” Thursday on American Idol. Though the complete video won’t be aired because of time constraints, J.Lo said she’s excited for the video premiere.
– Bryan Carstensen/Joe Cingrana 92.3 NOW
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Free Hugs!!! Check This Guy Out
- You Can’t Buy Beyoncé’s Limited Edition iWatch, Sorry
- Rihanna Was a Bridesmaid, Got the Munchies, Because She Is a Normal Human Being
- Pitbull Playing Universal 25th Anniversary Concert Series
- Whistle Along to Adam Lambert’s New Song ‘Ghost Town’
- Reality Check For 4/21/15: Jurassic World Trailer, Ariana Grande Splits From Big Sean, Lies To Tell When Dating
- ‘Full House’ Reboot is Coming to Netflix in 2016
- Jon Stewart’s Final ‘Daily Show’ Date Has Been Revealed
- Bobbi Kristina Has ‘Irreversible Brain Damage,’ According to Cissy Houston
- Miley Cyrus Is Having the Best 4/20 Ever