Whitney Houston Shines In Newly Released Sparkle Trailer
[photogallerylink id=76748 align=left]TriStar Pictures released the full trailer for Sparkle today (April 2), which co-stars the late Whitney Houston in her final movie role that was to mark her return to the silver screen.
Co-starring former American Idol Jordin Sparks the trailer gives a first look at the movie about sisters following in the musical footsteps of their mother, played by Houston, to create the next big all-girl group of the ’60s.
While Cee-Lo Green, Mike Epps, Derek Luke and Jordin Sparks fill out the cast, Houston’s image looms large in the trailer. Reprising the role of Emma, a struggling mother of three daughters, she offers advice from a woman who has seen it all before.
“Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you,” she said. “It takes a lot of faith to do this, Sparkle.”
Given Houston’s untimely death and reported struggles with substance abuse, her words as Emma give the trailer an extra weight. At 48, Houston was found dead in her hotel bathtub in February, six months before the film’s August release date. Her death has since been attributed to drugs, including cocaine.
Sparkle is due out on Aug. 17th. See full trailer below. –Erik Parker, CBS Local w/Britt Bickel, The Wave/Los Angeles
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- The Funniest Thing You Will See Today
- Ryan Lewis, Mother Talk Her Battle with HIV, New 30/30 Project
- Watch Coldplay Debut New Song ‘Oceans’
- Watch Pharrell’s Fantasy Video for ‘Marilyn Monroe’
- New York’s Electric Zoo to Return with Stricter Safety Measures
- Justin Bieber Apologizes, Pleads Ignorance After Dishonorable Selfie In Japan
- Lorde, The National, Nas & The Replacements To Play Boston Calling
- Hear A$AP Rocky Team Up with Lykke Li for ‘No Rest For The Wicked’ Remix
- 101.9 AMP Radio Has Your Tickets To Lana Del Rey’s Sold Out Show
- Watch Lily Allen’s New Video for ‘Sheezus’