Whitney Houston Shines In Newly Released Sparkle Trailer
[photogallerylink id=76748 align=left]TriStar Pictures released the full trailer for Sparkle today (April 2), which co-stars the late Whitney Houston in her final movie role that was to mark her return to the silver screen.
Co-starring former American Idol Jordin Sparks the trailer gives a first look at the movie about sisters following in the musical footsteps of their mother, played by Houston, to create the next big all-girl group of the ’60s.
While Cee-Lo Green, Mike Epps, Derek Luke and Jordin Sparks fill out the cast, Houston’s image looms large in the trailer. Reprising the role of Emma, a struggling mother of three daughters, she offers advice from a woman who has seen it all before.
“Was my life not enough of a cautionary tale for you,” she said. “It takes a lot of faith to do this, Sparkle.”
Given Houston’s untimely death and reported struggles with substance abuse, her words as Emma give the trailer an extra weight. At 48, Houston was found dead in her hotel bathtub in February, six months before the film’s August release date. Her death has since been attributed to drugs, including cocaine.
Sparkle is due out on Aug. 17th. See full trailer below. –Erik Parker, CBS Local w/Britt Bickel, The Wave/Los Angeles
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Jaden Smith Gets a Love Interest in Kylie Jenner for ‘Blue Ocean’ Video: Watch
- Wayne Coyne Talks Shelved Kesha Project, Sides with Singer in Dr. Luke Controversy
- Tyga Disses Nicki Minaj, Drake: ‘He’s Just Fake to Me’
- Hang Out With 101.9 AMP Radio At The Orlando Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk!
- Watch Floyd Mayweather Beat Justin Bieber with a Baseball Bat in a Boxing Ring, Courtesy of ‘Conan’
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Kesha Denied Dr. Luke Molested Her in Years-Old Deposition
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Kanye West Gets All Mushy in Honor of Kim Kardashian’s Birthday