[photogallerylink id=79293 align=left]With Nicki Minaj‘s Pink Friday: Roman Reloaded hitting stores and MP3 players today, the leader of all Barbies said her video for “Beez in the Trap,” featuring 2 Chainz, is on the way. Meanwhile, 2 Chainz, the on-fire Atlanta-based rapper, has upped the ante with a video announcement of his own.
Minaj has confirmed to MTV.com that she has shot and edited a footage for “Beez in the Trap” and was looking to present it to the world as her next video.
“It’s real sexy,” she said. “There’s a clean version and an explicit version, and it’s goin’ to be poppin’.”
While fans await “Beez in the Trap” visuals, 2 Chainz has already begun to hype his video for “Riot,” releasing a behind-the-scenes look at the shoot yesterday (April 2).
Shot in Atlanta, the clip follows a string of video releases that have helped to build a buzz for the rapper formerly known as Tity Boi, including last week’s internet release for his “Stunt” video, featuring Meek Mill.
“Riot” was directed by Decatur Dan, who offered some idea as to what viewers should expect.
“The concept of the video is pretty simply, the song is ‘Riot’ so basically [we’re] out here starting a riot,” Dan said. “I got 2 Chainz performance, a crazy set-up. I was able to mix in the details, the portraiture style, the stuff I’m kind of known for.”
Chainz said he was excited about the song and the support.
“This is a record I love, it’s one of my favorite,” he said. “It feels good to shoot a video for it. Def Jam is behind me, fans are behind me, and you are behind it. Appreciate it.”
See the behind the scenes video footage below. –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Stream Kanye West’s ‘Yeezy Season 3’ Live from Madison Square Garden
- Outkast, Diddy, Future Featured in Organized Noize Documentary
- G-Eazy Wrestles with Hard Won Success on ‘Me, Myself and I’
- Eva Longoria Performs Flo Rida’s ‘Low’ on ‘Lip Sync Battle’
- Kanye West Releases Yeezy Season 2 Fashion Zine
- The Frustrations Of Putting On Eyeliner
- Sia, P!nk, Eddie Vedder Cover Beatles Songs in Netflix Series
- Artist Sues Wu-Tang Clan and Martin Shkreli for $2 Million
- Halsey Hates Being Called ‘Tri-Bi’
- Gwen Stefani to Perform Live Music Video During GRAMMYs