Flo Rida And MGK Face-Off At WrestleMania
Before international wrestling superstars John Cena and The Rock took to the squared circle for WrestleMania XXVIII‘s main event last night (April 1), rappers Machine Gun Kelly (MGK) and Flo Rida hit the stage to put a choke hold on the sound system.
Each MC took a side, representing for one of the championship wrestlers: MGK was for Cena; Native Florida rapper Flo Rida provided the theme music for The Rock. To hype up his Bad Boy, signee, Sean Diddy Combs came out and introduced MGK who, along with Skylar Grey, performed “Invincible.”
At the end of his performance, MGK shouted out Cena and announced his prediction for the night.
“Tonight is much more than a wrestling match,” he told the crowd of nearly 80,000 at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium. “Tonight millions of people around the world are tuning in to see one of the biggest egos get beat by one of the biggest underdogs…The underdog is Machine Gun Kelly. The underdog is John Cena.The underdog rises above hate.”
While MGK’s Cena endorsement was met with a round of boos, Flo Rida came out for The Rock with upbeat performances of his hits “Good Feeling” and “Wild Ones.”
The Rock was the eventual victor of the evening’s pay-per-view event, but fans of MGK and Flo Rida might have been the night’s biggest winners. Check out CBSLocal/Miami for more details. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Win Tickets To See Fifth Harmony
- Win Tickets To See Ed Sheeran
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To See Nico & Vinz
- Win Tickets To Ride The Orlando Eye
- Download Pingo to Have Fun and Win Prizes While Taking Photos
- Lance Bass on One Direction: ‘I Just See Harry Leaving Soon’
- Drake Shook Hands with Paul Pierce & Now Everyone’s Mad
- Yelawolf, Eminem Visit Church in ‘Best Friend’ Video: Watch
- Uh, Is Diddy Starring in ‘Rush Hour 4’?
- Bleachers Remix Sia’s ‘Big Girls Cry': Listen