Before international wrestling superstars John Cena and The Rock took to the squared circle for WrestleMania XXVIII‘s main event last night (April 1), rappers Machine Gun Kelly (MGK) and Flo Rida hit the stage to put a choke hold on the sound system.
Each MC took a side, representing for one of the championship wrestlers: MGK was for Cena; Native Florida rapper Flo Rida provided the theme music for The Rock. To hype up his Bad Boy, signee, Sean Diddy Combs came out and introduced MGK who, along with Skylar Grey, performed “Invincible.”
At the end of his performance, MGK shouted out Cena and announced his prediction for the night.
“Tonight is much more than a wrestling match,” he told the crowd of nearly 80,000 at Miami’s Sun Life Stadium. “Tonight millions of people around the world are tuning in to see one of the biggest egos get beat by one of the biggest underdogs…The underdog is Machine Gun Kelly. The underdog is John Cena.The underdog rises above hate.”
While MGK’s Cena endorsement was met with a round of boos, Flo Rida came out for The Rock with upbeat performances of his hits “Good Feeling” and “Wild Ones.”
The Rock was the eventual victor of the evening’s pay-per-view event, but fans of MGK and Flo Rida might have been the night’s biggest winners. Check out CBSLocal/Miami for more details. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Demi Lovato and John Mayer May Be Dating
- Lady Gaga Dedicates Song To Trayvon Martin
- Drake Takes a Shot at Kid Cudi?
- The Chainsmokers Get ‘Closer’ with Halsey in New Video
- Listen to Pharrell’s Sultry New Track ‘Runnin’
- DJ Khaled Snapchats Birth of Son, Blasts His Music in Delivery Room
- Taylor Swift was ‘Distressed’ and ‘Violated’ by Alleged Groping
- Under Water Pumpkin Carving At SeaLife Aquarium
- Charlie Puth ‘Extremely Sick,’ Cancels ‘Don’t Talk’ Tour
- Justin Bieber Walks Off Stage to Quiet Screaming UK Fans