“The other day I was listening to ‘Purple Rain,’ couldn’t believe all of the things that I heard him say,” Diggy raps, “Who dat, who dat, you know who it is/ heard you lying on my sis, tellin’ people that you hit…Little n***a named Cole think he live like me, jet setter trend setter, yeah you not like me…”
While Cole’s “Purple Rain” was released over two years ago, he recently dropped “Grew Up Fast,” on which he directly mentions Diggy and his sister Vanessa.
“Move along cock-sucker, ain’t got nothing to see, unless you talking blockbuster, you n***as is not Russell/You’re more Diggy, Me? I’m more Biggie/No diss to the young boy, I’m just rapping, get bored quickly…What up Vanessa/I loved ya that one semester…”
As Diggy’s response made its way around the internet yesterday, some critics questioned the timing of the release, which dropped a week after the sales for his debut album proved to be less than stellar.
However, members of Diggy’s family took to Twitter to defend him and address the controversy.
J Cole.. Puts out 2 records Dissing family & Diggy & nobody cared.. Some1 leaks a old Diggy record & there’s a problem?
— Rev Run (@RevRunWisdom) April 1, 2012
In a tweet that has since been deleted, Vanessa Simmons responded: “Our Brothers r protective ova us CUZ guys stay LYING”
Diggy’s debut album Unexpected Arrival hit shelves March 20, a week after his 17th Birthday celebration. –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Britney Spears Waited 5 Months to Call Boyfriend Sam Asghari
- Sean Spicer Fact Checked Back to Beyoncé
- Iggy Azalea Steps Into The New Year With A New Boo
- A Kanye College Course Is Really A Thing
- The Weeknd Subtly Jabs Justin Bieber Over ‘Wack’ Insult
- Troy Carter Went From Jazzy Jeff’s Sidekick to Industry Mogul
- Chris Brown Claps Back at Aziz Ansari Over Donald Trump Comparison
- Lady Gaga’s Super Bowl Halftime Show Performance will be Really Expensive
- Rihanna Turns Up in Style at Women’s March
- Twenty One Pilots, Frank Ocean, Chance The Rapper to Headline Sasquatch Festival