“The other day I was listening to ‘Purple Rain,’ couldn’t believe all of the things that I heard him say,” Diggy raps, “Who dat, who dat, you know who it is/ heard you lying on my sis, tellin’ people that you hit…Little n***a named Cole think he live like me, jet setter trend setter, yeah you not like me…”
While Cole’s “Purple Rain” was released over two years ago, he recently dropped “Grew Up Fast,” on which he directly mentions Diggy and his sister Vanessa.
“Move along cock-sucker, ain’t got nothing to see, unless you talking blockbuster, you n***as is not Russell/You’re more Diggy, Me? I’m more Biggie/No diss to the young boy, I’m just rapping, get bored quickly…What up Vanessa/I loved ya that one semester…”
As Diggy’s response made its way around the internet yesterday, some critics questioned the timing of the release, which dropped a week after the sales for his debut album proved to be less than stellar.
However, members of Diggy’s family took to Twitter to defend him and address the controversy.
J Cole.. Puts out 2 records Dissing family & Diggy & nobody cared.. Some1 leaks a old Diggy record & there’s a problem?
— Rev Run (@RevRunWisdom) April 1, 2012
In a tweet that has since been deleted, Vanessa Simmons responded: “Our Brothers r protective ova us CUZ guys stay LYING”
Diggy’s debut album Unexpected Arrival hit shelves March 20, a week after his 17th Birthday celebration. –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Chris Brown Arrested Following Allegations of Threat with Gun
- Drake And Rihanna Are Officially Official
- Justin Bieber Presented With Eight Guinness World Records
- Lena Dunham Discovers what Ariana Grande’s ‘Side to Side’ is About
- John Legend Proposes Changing National Anthem
- Damon Dash Developing Roc-A-Fella Story for Television
- Iggy Azalea & French Montana Take Romantic Vacation
- Chris Brown Investigated by Police at Los Angeles Home
- Full Cast Of The New Season Of Dancing With The Stars
- Sporty Spice Explains Why She Skipped the Spice Girls ‘Reunion’