With nearly a month to go for the release of Chris Brown‘s new album Fortune, the singer dropped new music yesterday (March 29) and, in the process, stepped up his rap cred.
Brown, who was a rapper before he was discovered as a singer, released his “How I Feel” video yesterday. The pared down clip shows brown rapping into a camera from a seat in his private jet, apparently in flight. Magazines are stacked neatly nearby, as he raps in front of an open laptop. Click here to view the video.
The song, produced by Drumma Boy, offers a raw look at the world from Brown’s perspective. He details his life experiences, from an ambitious child living in an abusive home, to a famous singer who blasts his haters with a rap song.
The high-flying visuals for “How I Feel” dropped the same day he debuted to radio the traditional Brown-styled power ballad, “Sweet Love.”
Brown’s forthcoming album Fortune is scheduled for release on May 8. –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Beyonce Launches Formation Scholarship
- Drake to Host First-Ever ‘NBA Awards’
- Big Boi Makes Television Debut of ‘Mic Jack’ On ‘Tonight Show’
- Unfiltered Pics Of Kim Kardashian At The Beach
- The One Thing Men Hate To Hear When Approached By Women
- Kendrick Lamar’s ‘DAMN.’ Tracks Flood the ‘Billboard’ Hot 100
- Madonna Biopic ‘Blond Ambition’ Picked up by Universal
- Miley Cyrus Plays New Character in ‘Guardians of the Galaxy: Vol. 2’
- Watch Chance the Rapper Perform Kanye West’s ‘Waves’
- Watch Harry Styles Interviewed by Chris Martin, Ed Sheeran, Ronnie Wood