With nearly a month to go for the release of Chris Brown‘s new album Fortune, the singer dropped new music yesterday (March 29) and, in the process, stepped up his rap cred.
Brown, who was a rapper before he was discovered as a singer, released his “How I Feel” video yesterday. The pared down clip shows brown rapping into a camera from a seat in his private jet, apparently in flight. Magazines are stacked neatly nearby, as he raps in front of an open laptop. Click here to view the video.
The song, produced by Drumma Boy, offers a raw look at the world from Brown’s perspective. He details his life experiences, from an ambitious child living in an abusive home, to a famous singer who blasts his haters with a rap song.
The high-flying visuals for “How I Feel” dropped the same day he debuted to radio the traditional Brown-styled power ballad, “Sweet Love.”
Brown’s forthcoming album Fortune is scheduled for release on May 8. –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- The Chainsmokers Drop ‘Closer’ Featuring Halsey: Listen
- Katy Perry Sings ‘Rise’ and ‘Roar’ at DNC
- Keshia Knight Pullium Speaks On Husband Blindsiding Her With Divorce and Paternity Test
- MTV Classic to Launch Aug 1 with Focus on 90s
- JoJo, Wiz Khalifa Collaborate on ‘F— Apologies’
- Ice Cube Revamps ‘Hollywood Squares’ as Hip-Hop Game Show
- Frozen Rosé Is The Newest Wine Craze
- Zayn Malik on Leaving One Direction: ‘It Didn’t Feel Brave’
- Kesha Talks Dr. Luke Lawsuit, Gun Control at Post-DNC Event
- M.I.A. Calls MTV Video Music Awards ‘Racist, Classist, Elitist’