With nearly a month to go for the release of Chris Brown‘s new album Fortune, the singer dropped new music yesterday (March 29) and, in the process, stepped up his rap cred.
Brown, who was a rapper before he was discovered as a singer, released his “How I Feel” video yesterday. The pared down clip shows brown rapping into a camera from a seat in his private jet, apparently in flight. Magazines are stacked neatly nearby, as he raps in front of an open laptop. Click here to view the video.
The song, produced by Drumma Boy, offers a raw look at the world from Brown’s perspective. He details his life experiences, from an ambitious child living in an abusive home, to a famous singer who blasts his haters with a rap song.
The high-flying visuals for “How I Feel” dropped the same day he debuted to radio the traditional Brown-styled power ballad, “Sweet Love.”
Brown’s forthcoming album Fortune is scheduled for release on May 8. –E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Blink 182’s Mark Hoppus Ignored By Fans
- Why I Don’t Date Musicians
- JAY-Z Drops ‘Bam’ Music Video with Damian Marley
- Louis Tomlinson Debuts ‘Back to You’ Video Featuring Bebe Rexha
- Imagine Dragons’ Dan Reynolds Shares Emotional Anti-Bullying Message
- Meek Mill Takes a Shot at Nicki Minaj on New Track ‘1942 Flows’
- 5 Best Songs on Lana Del Rey’s ‘Lust for Life’
- Madam Tussauds Yanks Beyoncé Waxwork Amid Criticism
- What You Doin’ At The Courthouse (7/21/17)
- “All The Feels” For 7.21.17