[photogallerylink id=80856 align=left]Rihanna still hasn’t commented on the KISS diss she got from Gene Simmons earlier this week, which is surprising considering how outspoken the singer was, largely on Twitter in reaction to critique of her recent collaboration with ex-boyfriend Chris Brown.
During a press conference Simmons described the upcoming KISS/Mötley Crüe co-headlining tour as “real music” and had a few choice words for those that use electronics and backing tracks, singling out Rihanna.
Simmons said, “We’re sick and tired of girls getting up there with dancers and karaoke tapes in back of them. No karaoke singers allowed. No fake bullsh*t. Leave that to the Rihanna’s and anyone who ends their name with an A.”
Tommy Lee, the drummer for Mötley Crüe, apparently disagreed with Simmons and posted a lengthy Tweet disavowing Simmons’ comments and calling himself a Rihanna fan.
Is this thing ON? Time to clear the air! We all know how “The Press” sure likes to pick up on negative stuff and (cont) tl.gd/ginosb
— TOMMY LEE (@MrTommyLand) March 22, 2012
“Is this thing ON? Time to clear the air! We all know how “The Press” sure likes to pick up on negative stuff and run with it, So I’m gonna clean my side of the street. Gene Simmons recently mentioned at our Motley/Kiss tour announcement on Tuesday about his distaste for faking it on stage. I somehow got lumped into that by saying that I too am tired of all the watered down not so real performances on award shows/live concerts/etc. I am a fan of Rihanna’s and think she’s an amazing singer/entertainer and i think you all know how much I f**king love electronic music and dance. I make and perform electronic music live. And who am I to say what’s good/bad/real or fake? It is what it is right?…i’ll just keep doin my thang hoping that your all entertained on the highest levels!!”
Many may be unaware of Tommy Lee’s passion for dance and electronica. He’s been guest DJ-ing popular clubs for nearly a decade.
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Liam Payne Makes ‘Sexiest Chips Ever’
- A Great Big World Struggle with MS on ‘Won’t Stop Running’
- Win Tickets To See Fifth Harmony This Weekend Of Winning
- P!nk Turns Pink During Johnny Depp Surprise
- Chewbacca Mom Gets a Lesson from J.J. Abrams: Watch
- Paul McCartney Calls Kanye West a Monster
- Kanye and Kim Celebrate Their 2nd Wedding Anniversary
- Exclusive Fifth Harmony Presale For AMP Listeners
- Drake’s ‘Views’ Obliterates Streaming Records
- Beyoncé Weathers Lightning Storm, Pays Tribute to Prince in Minneapolis