Fast-rising Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz has a way with names. The charismatic rapper went through several iterations of his own rap moniker—Titty Boy, Titty 2 Chains, to name a few. Now that Chainz will be swinging with Drake, J. Cole and others for the extended Club Paradise tour, he has decided to try a few new titles on for size.
Yesterday (March 22), Drake announced that he would be extending his Club Paradise tour and will be joined by French Montana, Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill and 2 Chainz. With so many hot artists on the bill, the former Playaz Circle frontman offered a more fitting tittle.
“I’m re-naming this tour the Winners Circle,” 2 Chainz said in a statement to CBS Local. “Everybody on the marquis is at the top of their game right now. Drake, of course, is killing them. And French Montana, Waka and myself are having a banner year. The fans are going to get one hell of a show. And the timing is perfect. Just before my album drops.”
2 Chainz recently announced that he has also changed the name of his album, originally billed as T.R.U. 2.
“The name of my album is going to be called T.R.U. 2, short for T.R.U. 2 My Religion,” he told FUSE. “But I recently changed the album and the new title is Based On a True Story.”
The new tour was announced days after Nicki Minaj previewed her next single, “Beez in the Trap,” which features 2 Chainz shown below. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Fall Out Boy Share ‘Champions’ Featuring Post Malone
- You Laugh, You Lose! (Pie Face)
- Daily Dish For 6.22.17
- 10 Great Musician Selfies for National Selfie Day
- 101.9 AMP Radio Selfie Hall of Fame
- Zayn Malik Says U.S. Airports Used to Profile Him
- TLC Promote Body Positivity in ‘Haters’ Video
- ‘Jerry Springer: The Opera’ Set for Off-Broadway Debut
- Future Announces New Run of 2017 Tour Dates
- Diversified Ken Dolls Are Coming to Toy Stores