2 Chainz Gives Drake’s “Club Paradise” An Upgrade, Announces New Album Title
Fast-rising Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz has a way with names. The charismatic rapper went through several iterations of his own rap moniker—Titty Boy, Titty 2 Chains, to name a few. Now that Chainz will be swinging with Drake, J. Cole and others for the extended Club Paradise tour, he has decided to try a few new titles on for size.
Yesterday (March 22), Drake announced that he would be extending his Club Paradise tour and will be joined by French Montana, Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill and 2 Chainz. With so many hot artists on the bill, the former Playaz Circle frontman offered a more fitting tittle.
“I’m re-naming this tour the Winners Circle,” 2 Chainz said in a statement to CBS Local. “Everybody on the marquis is at the top of their game right now. Drake, of course, is killing them. And French Montana, Waka and myself are having a banner year. The fans are going to get one hell of a show. And the timing is perfect. Just before my album drops.”
2 Chainz recently announced that he has also changed the name of his album, originally billed as T.R.U. 2.
“The name of my album is going to be called T.R.U. 2, short for T.R.U. 2 My Religion,” he told FUSE. “But I recently changed the album and the new title is Based On a True Story.”
The new tour was announced days after Nicki Minaj previewed her next single, “Beez in the Trap,” which features 2 Chainz shown below. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Check Out Rihanna’s Sensual New Rogue Man Fragrance Ads
- Ibiza: Apparently, EDM Fans Can’t Afford It
- Katy Perry Isn’t Part of the Illuminati — But She’d Like to Be
- Listen to Dustin Every Morning To Win Backstage Passes To See One Republic!
- Ne-Yo Shows What ‘Money Can’t Buy’ in New Video: Watch
- Jennifer Lopez & Fat Joe Are Back Together on ‘Stressin”: Listen
- Score A $100 Staples Gift Card For Your Back To School Shopping!
- Win Tickets To See DJ Ideal Spin At The Groove ℠ Universal CityWalk
- Sam Smith’s Video for ‘I’m Not The Only One’ Gives Us a Very Sad Dianna Agron
- Michael Jackson’s Neverland Ranch Could Be Yours For $50 Million