Fast-rising Atlanta rapper 2 Chainz has a way with names. The charismatic rapper went through several iterations of his own rap moniker—Titty Boy, Titty 2 Chains, to name a few. Now that Chainz will be swinging with Drake, J. Cole and others for the extended Club Paradise tour, he has decided to try a few new titles on for size.
Yesterday (March 22), Drake announced that he would be extending his Club Paradise tour and will be joined by French Montana, Waka Flocka Flame, Meek Mill and 2 Chainz. With so many hot artists on the bill, the former Playaz Circle frontman offered a more fitting tittle.
“I’m re-naming this tour the Winners Circle,” 2 Chainz said in a statement to CBS Local. “Everybody on the marquis is at the top of their game right now. Drake, of course, is killing them. And French Montana, Waka and myself are having a banner year. The fans are going to get one hell of a show. And the timing is perfect. Just before my album drops.”
2 Chainz recently announced that he has also changed the name of his album, originally billed as T.R.U. 2.
“The name of my album is going to be called T.R.U. 2, short for T.R.U. 2 My Religion,” he told FUSE. “But I recently changed the album and the new title is Based On a True Story.”
The new tour was announced days after Nicki Minaj previewed her next single, “Beez in the Trap,” which features 2 Chainz shown below. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Tickets To See Kehlani
- Play ‘Battle Of The Hoods’ To Win Big Sean Tickets
- Listen To Chad & Jill In The Morning To Win A $100 Bonefish Giftcard
- Play “Show Tune Tuesdays” To Win “The Space Between Us” Advance Screening Tickets
- Hungry? Score A $50 Gift Card to Duffy’s Sports Grill This Weekend Of Winning
- Future Lives Large in ‘Poppin’ Tags’ Video
- Serena Williams Snaps At Reporter
- Obama’s Final Letter As President Will Make You Cry
- President Trump Quotes Line From “The Dark Knight Rises” In Inauguration Speech
- Migos Share New Track ‘What the Price’