Slim Dunkin’s Murder Case Underway, Young Vito Indicted
Last December, it was reported that Slim Dunkin was killed at an Atlanta studio after he and Young Vito came to blows. Dunkin, born Mario Hamilton, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead later that night.
It was originally reported that the fight was over a piece of candy. But in a recent statement released by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, a different version of the story emerged. Their initial fight, according to the statement, had more to do with studio time than candy. Dunkin was in the recording booth when Young Vito, born Vinson Hardimon, entered the booth and began punching Dunkin.
Dunkin was an affilate of Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad. The rising rapper made a mark on Waka Flock’s debut album Flockaveli as a featured artist on ”F**k The Club Up,” “Karma,” and “Bang.” Most recently, he could be seen on the video for “She Be Puttin On” with Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane.
A trial date has not yet been set.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To See Neon Trees
- Taylor Swift Concert Bracelets Save Teens After Car Wreck
- Trevor Noah Announces ‘New and Sexy’ Daily Show Premiere Date in New Video: Watch
- Nicki Minaj Releases Youthful Video For “The Night Is Still Young”
- Kelly Clarkson Singing ‘Love Shack’ Karaoke with a 10-Year-Old Fan Is Super Cute: Watch
- Kanye West Settles ‘Bound 2′ Lawsuit
- Tracy Morgan to Give First Interview Since His Car Accident Last Summer
- Drake Dropped a New Verse About Friends—Or Lack Thereof—Last Night
- Fun Fun Fun Fest 2015 Lineup: Wu-Tang Clan, D’Angelo to Headline
- Demi Lovato Wants You To Speak Up For Mental Health