Last December, it was reported that Slim Dunkin was killed at an Atlanta studio after he and Young Vito came to blows. Dunkin, born Mario Hamilton, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead later that night.
It was originally reported that the fight was over a piece of candy. But in a recent statement released by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, a different version of the story emerged. Their initial fight, according to the statement, had more to do with studio time than candy. Dunkin was in the recording booth when Young Vito, born Vinson Hardimon, entered the booth and began punching Dunkin.
Dunkin was an affilate of Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad. The rising rapper made a mark on Waka Flock’s debut album Flockaveli as a featured artist on ”F**k The Club Up,” “Karma,” and “Bang.” Most recently, he could be seen on the video for “She Be Puttin On” with Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane.
A trial date has not yet been set.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- The New Fifth Harmony Album ‘7/27’ has Arrived
- Calvin Harris Breaks Silence Following Serious Car Crash
- AMP Fringe Pick 5.27.16: Keith Brown: A Magic Show
- Nick Jonas Shares Documentary Trailer
- Justin Bieber Sued Over ‘Sorry’ Similarity
- Make Ed Sheeran Eat the Most Disgusting Food in Japan
- Beyoncé Buys $3,500 Worth of Sandwiches
- Nick Jonas Kills a Cover of Zara Larsson’s ‘Lush Life’
- 50 Cent Visits T.I. Concert Shooting Victim at NYC Hospital
- AMP Fringe Pick 5.26.16: Voci Dance: Paint Chips