Last December, it was reported that Slim Dunkin was killed at an Atlanta studio after he and Young Vito came to blows. Dunkin, born Mario Hamilton, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead later that night.
It was originally reported that the fight was over a piece of candy. But in a recent statement released by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, a different version of the story emerged. Their initial fight, according to the statement, had more to do with studio time than candy. Dunkin was in the recording booth when Young Vito, born Vinson Hardimon, entered the booth and began punching Dunkin.
Dunkin was an affilate of Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad. The rising rapper made a mark on Waka Flock’s debut album Flockaveli as a featured artist on ”F**k The Club Up,” “Karma,” and “Bang.” Most recently, he could be seen on the video for “She Be Puttin On” with Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane.
A trial date has not yet been set.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Listen To Win Tickets To Leu Garden’s Dinosaur Invasion
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Gabriel Iglesias Tickets
- “Split” Movie Passes This Weekend Of Winning
- Play ‘Show Tune Tuesdays’ To Win A Digital Download of ‘Starboy’
- Play “Beat My Tweet” To Win Advance Screening Passes To “The Space Between Us”
- Jackie Evancho on Inauguration Performance: ‘I’m Hoping that I Can Bring People Together’
- Ed Sheeran on Keeping ‘Shape of You’
- The Chainsmokers are Taking Their Moms to the GRAMMYs
- Meek Mill Challenges Drake to Boxing Match?
- Kesha is Collaborating with Eagles of Death Metal