Slim Dunkin’s Murder Case Underway, Young Vito Indicted
Last December, it was reported that Slim Dunkin was killed at an Atlanta studio after he and Young Vito came to blows. Dunkin, born Mario Hamilton, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead later that night.
It was originally reported that the fight was over a piece of candy. But in a recent statement released by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, a different version of the story emerged. Their initial fight, according to the statement, had more to do with studio time than candy. Dunkin was in the recording booth when Young Vito, born Vinson Hardimon, entered the booth and began punching Dunkin.
Dunkin was an affilate of Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad. The rising rapper made a mark on Waka Flock’s debut album Flockaveli as a featured artist on ”F**k The Club Up,” “Karma,” and “Bang.” Most recently, he could be seen on the video for “She Be Puttin On” with Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane.
A trial date has not yet been set.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Gwen Stefani Working with Pharrell on New Solo Album
- Krewella Fire Member ‘Rain Man,’ Who Strikes Back with $5 Million Lawsuit
- Interview: Play Six Degrees of Steve Aoki on his New Album ‘Neon Future’
- EDM Beef: Steve Aoki, Parody Site Wunderground Embroiled in Cease and Desist Battle
- Chromeo Recruit HAIM, Napoleon Dynamite for ‘Old 45’s’ Video: Watch
- Chris Brown Posts Picture of TMZ’s Founder, Says He’s ‘What the Devil Looks Like’
- New Found Glory Claims One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Copies One of Their Songs
- Adam Levine Goes Psycho in Maroon 5’s ‘Animals’ Video: Watch
- Pharrell Williams Draws from Manga, Video Games for ‘It Girl’ Video: Watch
- ‘Love and Hip Hop Hollywood’ Star Mally Mall’s Home and Escort Service Raided Under Suspicion of Human Trafficking