Last December, it was reported that Slim Dunkin was killed at an Atlanta studio after he and Young Vito came to blows. Dunkin, born Mario Hamilton, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead later that night.
It was originally reported that the fight was over a piece of candy. But in a recent statement released by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, a different version of the story emerged. Their initial fight, according to the statement, had more to do with studio time than candy. Dunkin was in the recording booth when Young Vito, born Vinson Hardimon, entered the booth and began punching Dunkin.
Dunkin was an affilate of Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad. The rising rapper made a mark on Waka Flock’s debut album Flockaveli as a featured artist on ”F**k The Club Up,” “Karma,” and “Bang.” Most recently, he could be seen on the video for “She Be Puttin On” with Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane.
A trial date has not yet been set.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Halsey On P Diddy: ” I’m Coming For Ya, Puff!”
- R. Kelly’s Ex-Girlfriend Details Alleged Abuse
- Macklemore Reveals How He & Kesha Became Fast Friends
- Danie B Concert Review: Halsey Hopeless Fountain Kingdom Tour
- Justin Bieber’s Tattoo Artist Details the Pop Star’s New Ink
- Niall Horan on Mom Being His Biggest Fan
- Katy Perry Crashes Wedding Reception in St. Louis
- DJ Khaled’s Son Had the Most Extravagant 1st Birthday Party Ever
- Sam Smith: ‘I Feel Just as Much Woman as I am Man”
- Listen This Week For Tickets To See Lana Del Rey!