Slim Dunkin’s Murder Case Underway, Young Vito Indicted
Last December, it was reported that Slim Dunkin was killed at an Atlanta studio after he and Young Vito came to blows. Dunkin, born Mario Hamilton, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead later that night.
It was originally reported that the fight was over a piece of candy. But in a recent statement released by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, a different version of the story emerged. Their initial fight, according to the statement, had more to do with studio time than candy. Dunkin was in the recording booth when Young Vito, born Vinson Hardimon, entered the booth and began punching Dunkin.
Dunkin was an affilate of Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad. The rising rapper made a mark on Waka Flock’s debut album Flockaveli as a featured artist on ”F**k The Club Up,” “Karma,” and “Bang.” Most recently, he could be seen on the video for “She Be Puttin On” with Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane.
A trial date has not yet been set.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Reality Check For 5/27/15: Taylor Swift Youngest Most Powerful Women, New Dictionary Words, Pizza Hut and Taco Bell Ingredient Changes
- Taylor Swift & Beyonce Are Among Forbes’ 100 Most Powerful Women
- Disclosure Keep ‘Holding On’ with Gregory Porter-Assisted New Song: Listen
- [PHOTOS] Memorial Day Beach Crashers
- Frank Ocean Has Been Recording New Album at Abbey Road
- Liam Payne Continues Love for Oasis By Covering ‘Wonderwall’ in Mexico: Watch
- Sorry, Hopeless Romantics: Meek Mill Says He & Nicki Minaj Aren’t Engaged… Yet
- Jason Derulo & Jennifer Lopez Star on New Song ‘Try Me': Listen
- A Letter From A Mother To Her Son: ‘Don’t Let One Girl That Breaks Your Heart Ruin You’
- Ciara Is the Face of Roberto Cavalli’s Fall/Winter 2015 Collection