Last December, it was reported that Slim Dunkin was killed at an Atlanta studio after he and Young Vito came to blows. Dunkin, born Mario Hamilton, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead later that night.
It was originally reported that the fight was over a piece of candy. But in a recent statement released by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, a different version of the story emerged. Their initial fight, according to the statement, had more to do with studio time than candy. Dunkin was in the recording booth when Young Vito, born Vinson Hardimon, entered the booth and began punching Dunkin.
Dunkin was an affilate of Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad. The rising rapper made a mark on Waka Flock’s debut album Flockaveli as a featured artist on ”F**k The Club Up,” “Karma,” and “Bang.” Most recently, he could be seen on the video for “She Be Puttin On” with Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane.
A trial date has not yet been set.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- UCF Orlando Strong 5K To Benefit Pulse Employees
- Lady Gaga Talks Kindness with the Dalai Lama
- DJ Khaled Drops Jay Z Assisted Track ‘I Got The Keys’
- Desiigner Drops ‘New English’ Mixtape
- 50 Cent Arrested for Profanity
- Meet 2016 World’s Ugliest Dog
- Listen to Rihanna’s ‘Sledgehammer’ from ‘Star Trek Beyond’
- Justin Timberlake Puts Foot in Mouth with BET Awards Comments
- Beyoncé, Kendrick Lamar, Prince Peers Wow the Crowd at 2016 BET Awards
- Kanye West Presents 40-Minute Remix of ‘Father Stretch My Hands’