Slim Dunkin’s Murder Case Underway, Young Vito Indicted
Last December, it was reported that Slim Dunkin was killed at an Atlanta studio after he and Young Vito came to blows. Dunkin, born Mario Hamilton, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead later that night.
It was originally reported that the fight was over a piece of candy. But in a recent statement released by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, a different version of the story emerged. Their initial fight, according to the statement, had more to do with studio time than candy. Dunkin was in the recording booth when Young Vito, born Vinson Hardimon, entered the booth and began punching Dunkin.
Dunkin was an affilate of Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad. The rising rapper made a mark on Waka Flock’s debut album Flockaveli as a featured artist on ”F**k The Club Up,” “Karma,” and “Bang.” Most recently, he could be seen on the video for “She Be Puttin On” with Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane.
A trial date has not yet been set.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Tower Records Immortalized in New Doc Featuring Former Employee Dave Grohl, Bruce Springsteen
- Macklemore & Ryan Lewis Discuss New Album and VMA Performance
- What is Selena Gomez Teasing?
- Fifth Harmony Check in to Haunted Hotel for ‘I’m in Love with a Monster’ Video
- Preview New 5 Seconds of Summer Song ‘Jet Black Heart’
- Nicki Minaj Shares Ultrasound Photo ‘Big News Coming Today’
- Justin Bieber Shares ‘What Do You Mean?’ Posts From Alec Bladwin, Skrillex and More
- Lil Wayne Says Little Has Changed in New Orleans Since Katrina
- ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens’ Posts Surprise New Teaser Trailer
- Chief Keef Named His Son What?