Slim Dunkin’s Murder Case Underway, Young Vito Indicted
Last December, it was reported that Slim Dunkin was killed at an Atlanta studio after he and Young Vito came to blows. Dunkin, born Mario Hamilton, was shot in the chest and pronounced dead later that night.
It was originally reported that the fight was over a piece of candy. But in a recent statement released by the Fulton County District Attorney’s Office, a different version of the story emerged. Their initial fight, according to the statement, had more to do with studio time than candy. Dunkin was in the recording booth when Young Vito, born Vinson Hardimon, entered the booth and began punching Dunkin.
Dunkin was an affilate of Waka Flocka Flame’s Brick Squad. The rising rapper made a mark on Waka Flock’s debut album Flockaveli as a featured artist on ”F**k The Club Up,” “Karma,” and “Bang.” Most recently, he could be seen on the video for “She Be Puttin On” with Waka Flocka and Gucci Mane.
A trial date has not yet been set.
–E. Parker, CBS Local
See what’s new on JAMZ!
- Watch Justin Bieber ‘Bless’ His Fans on ‘Knock Knock Live’
- Demi Lovato’s Dog Buddy Passes Away, Shares Grief with Fans
- Justin Bieber’s New Single is Called ‘What Do You Mean’
- Reality Check For 7/29/15: Blake Throws Miranda’s Stuff Out, James Bond Theme, The Weeknd Video For “Can’t Feel My Face”
- Zayn Malik Working with Frank Ocean’s Producer
- Meghan Trainor Gets Animated for ‘Peanuts Movie’ Soundtrack
- Macklemore Opens Up about Recent Struggles with Addiction
- Jaden Smith Releases Cryptic Video for “Scarface”
- Nicki Minaj’s Ex Alleges He Was Her Ghostwriter on ‘The Pinkprint’
- Azealia Banks Hates Playing in Australia, Here’s Why