Al Sharpton Announces Location Change For Tonight’s Trayvon Martin Rally
The Rev. Al Sharpton has announced the justice rally scheduled tonight for slain teen Trayvon Martin is being moved to Fort Mellon Park in Sanford.
The park is located at 600 East First Street.
The expected size of the 7 p.m. rally has prompted organizers to change locations from the First Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church to the park.
Sharpton announced through social media that his mother, Ada Sharpton, died early this morning in Alabama, but that he plans to follow through with the rally because she would have wanted him to.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Win Tickets to See Walk The Moon
- Jamie Foxx Announces New Album ‘Hollywood’
- Pitbull’s Next Album Is Called ‘Dale’ & Everything Is Right with the World
- Kanye West Got Served at LAX—& Threw the Papers Out the Window
- Win a Trip to See Mumford & Sons in NYC: Play Pingo
- Wanna Be Fall Out Boy’s Assistant for a Day? Their ‘Uma Thurman’ Video May (or May Not) Deter You
- Want Jay Z or Jack White to Call You? Subscribe to TIDAL
- New Music to Know: LunchMoney Lewis Wants To Make Your Life More Fun
- A$AP Rocky Threatened to Punch a Guy at a London Bagel Shop, But He’s Over It
- Chris Brown Shows Off His New Baby Daughter: See the Photo