Al Sharpton Announces Location Change For Tonight’s Trayvon Martin Rally
The Rev. Al Sharpton has announced the justice rally scheduled tonight for slain teen Trayvon Martin is being moved to Fort Mellon Park in Sanford.
The park is located at 600 East First Street.
The expected size of the 7 p.m. rally has prompted organizers to change locations from the First Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church to the park.
Sharpton announced through social media that his mother, Ada Sharpton, died early this morning in Alabama, but that he plans to follow through with the rally because she would have wanted him to.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Musicians Dress Up for Halloween 2014: See Their Costumes
- David Guetta Hits the Formula 1 Track in ‘Dangerous’ Video: Watch
- Nae Nae Dance Originators Tell Miley Cyrus She’s Doing it Wrong
- Interview: Bea Miller Dreams of Ed Sheeran, Nirvana, Non-Slutty Halloween Costumes
- Chris Brown Settles D.C. Assault Lawsuit
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Nicki Minaj Drops ‘Pinkprint’ Teaser on Instagram: Watch
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘i’ at LeBron James’ First Home Game in Cleveland: Watch
- New Music To Know: Dej Loaf Puts Detroit on the Map, Again