Al Sharpton Announces Location Change For Tonight’s Trayvon Martin Rally
The Rev. Al Sharpton has announced the justice rally scheduled tonight for slain teen Trayvon Martin is being moved to Fort Mellon Park in Sanford.
The park is located at 600 East First Street.
The expected size of the 7 p.m. rally has prompted organizers to change locations from the First Shiloh Missionary Baptist Church to the park.
Sharpton announced through social media that his mother, Ada Sharpton, died early this morning in Alabama, but that he plans to follow through with the rally because she would have wanted him to.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Pharrell Teases New N.E.R.D. Album
- Nicki Minaj Drops ‘Pinkprint’ Teaser on Instagram: Watch
- Lorde Calls Kanye West Her ‘Idol,’ Discusses Their Awkward First Phone Call
- Kendrick Lamar Performs ‘i’ at LeBron James’ First Home Game in Cleveland: Watch
- New Music To Know: Dej Loaf Puts Detroit on the Map, Again
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams to Face Marvin Gaye’s Family in Court Over Alleged ‘Blurred Lines’ Ripoff
- Trick-Or-Eat And Celebrate This Halloween FOR FREE!
- Robin Thicke and Pharrell Williams Lose Round 1 In Lawsuit Against ‘Blurred Lines’
- Sam Smith Pulls Surprise Guest Ed Sheeran for ‘Stay With Me’ Duet: Watch
- Dr. Luke Files Lawsuit Against Kesha’s Mother, Accuses Her of ‘Tortious Interference’