R. Kelly Unlocks The Next Chapter Of “Trapped In The Closet”
R. Kelly‘s Trapped in the Closet video series, which confounded and entertained audiences in 2005, has opened the door to another exciting chapter. The Independent Film Channel (IFC), which aired the previous 22 chapters, will broadcast the new series.
According to IFC, Trapped In The Closet: The Next Installment promises the same over-the-top antics and high drama as seen on the former. The usual gang returns: Sylvester, Rufus, Cathy, Gwendolyn, Bridget, Big Man, Rosie the Nosy Neighbor, Twan and Pimp Lucius.
The popular series, originally released in 2005, began with Kelly’s “Trapped In The Closet (Chapter 1),” from his TP.3 Reloaded album. The song follows the exploits of a man (Kelly) who hides in the closet of his lover while her suspicious boyfriend searches the house for answers. Kelly followed “Chapter 1″ with 21 more chapters, unfolding a dramatic and absurd story that was parodied by South Park and Weird Al Yankovic.
Aside from wrapping his next “Closet,” Kelly will be shooting the video for “Share My Love” tomorrow (March 21) in Chicago. The video, which will be directed by Little X, is the latest single from his forthcoming album Write Me Back.
The IFC premier for The Next Installment has yet to be released, but a video teaser has already hit the web. –E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To See Jake Miller
- Win A $100 Gift Certificate To Bonefish Grill
- Win Tickets & Meet N’ Greet Passes To See Prince Royce
- Deadmau5 Trolls Justin Bieber, Diplo & Skrillex with Parody Remix of ‘Where Are Ü Now’
- Did Rihanna Enact a Real Revenge Fantasy In the ‘BBHHM’ Video?
- Katherine Heigl and Alexis Bledel Star in Lesbian Love Story ‘Jenny’s Wedding': Watch
- You Will be Watching Music Videos Through Facebook Very Soon
- The New ‘Wet Hot American Summer’ Series Looks Funny and Very Twisted: Watch the Trailer
- 13 Patriotic TV Shows to Watch Over 4th of July Weekend
- Rihanna’s Sexual, Violent ‘BBHMM’ Video is Very NSFW