Another track off Nicki Minaj’s Roman Reloaded leaked today and this one is Nicki like you’ve never heard: sounding a lot like Rihanna. Popdust reports the song lyrics were penned by frequent Rihanna collaborator Ester Dean. She’s the woman behind RiRi hits like “Rude Boy,” “S&M,” and “What’s My Name.”
Dean is also the co-author of Minaj’s hit “Super Bass.” Dean released a single with Chris Brown in 2009 titled “Drop It Low,” from the LeBron James documentary More Than a Game. Brown steps in to duet with Minaj on the new track written by Dean, “Right By My Side.” It’s an interesting combination, given how much Minaj stylistically sounds like Rihanna on the track and Dean’s history of collaborating with the pop singer.
This is the second collaboration from Minaj to make the rounds of late. A preview of her track “I Don’t Give A” on Madonna’s forthcoming album, MDNA, was made available. The lyrics immediately induced wide online speculation online that the song is about Madonna’s ex-husband Guy Ritchie.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Swizz Beatz Reports on DMX: ‘He’s Good and in Great Spirits’
- Why Meghan Trainor Should Win the Best New Artist GRAMMY
- What’s the Best Justin Bieber Song for Getting Down? Ask Hailey Baldwin
- Watch Little Mix’s New Video for ‘Secret Love Song’ Featuring Jason Derulo
- Carly Rae Jepsen Covers ‘Full House’ Theme in New Trailer
- Watch Wu-Tang’s Ghostface Killah Fire Back at Martin Shkreli
- Go Behind The Scenes of Taylor Swift’s ‘Out Of The Woods’ Music Video
- Joseph Gordon-Levitt Shares Kiss With Harvard Student
- The Best Valentine Dates According To Your Sign
- Win Tickets For You & 10 Girlfriends To See ‘How To Be Single’ And A $100 Visa Gift Card