Another track off Nicki Minaj’s Roman Reloaded leaked today and this one is Nicki like you’ve never heard: sounding a lot like Rihanna. Popdust reports the song lyrics were penned by frequent Rihanna collaborator Ester Dean. She’s the woman behind RiRi hits like “Rude Boy,” “S&M,” and “What’s My Name.”
Dean is also the co-author of Minaj’s hit “Super Bass.” Dean released a single with Chris Brown in 2009 titled “Drop It Low,” from the LeBron James documentary More Than a Game. Brown steps in to duet with Minaj on the new track written by Dean, “Right By My Side.” It’s an interesting combination, given how much Minaj stylistically sounds like Rihanna on the track and Dean’s history of collaborating with the pop singer.
This is the second collaboration from Minaj to make the rounds of late. A preview of her track “I Don’t Give A” on Madonna’s forthcoming album, MDNA, was made available. The lyrics immediately induced wide online speculation online that the song is about Madonna’s ex-husband Guy Ritchie.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Would You Rather Do This In Summer or Winter?
- Daily Dish For 6.28.17
- Watch Justin Bieber Play Beethoven on Piano
- Britney Spears Wants You to Know She Sings Live
- Giant Live Lobster Found In Luggage
- Kendrick Lamar Drops Intense ‘Element’ Video
- Lana Del Rey Explains ‘Lust for Life’ Album Title to Stevie Nicks
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Halsey’s Diss: ‘I Don’t Know Her’
- Justin Bieber Calls Drake ‘Best of Our Generation’
- Bruno Mars & David Guetta Drop ‘Versace on The Floor’ Remix