Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- [VIDEO] Steve Aoki Backstage At Electric Bounce House 2016
- [PHOTOS] 101.9 AMP Radio’s Electric Bounce House Starring Steve Aoki, Bebe Rexha, gnash & Jump Smokers
- Some Prince DNA Claimants’ Documents will be Released
- Fergie’s Racy New Song ‘M.I.L.F. $’ is Here
- Demi Lovato Drops New Track ‘Body Say’
- [PHOTOS] Backstage At Electric Bounce House
- Justin Timberlake Called Out by Rapper Vic Mensa
- Daily Dish For 7.1.16
- Justin Bieber: “They Can’t Take Down Orlando”
- [PHOTOS] Justin Bieber Purpose World Tour: Orlando