Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Michael Moore Responds to ‘Haters,’ Points Out His Support for Troops
- Eve Says Iggy Azalea ‘Isn’t My Cup of Tea,’ But ‘Let Her Do Her Thing’
- Watch Nick Jonas Perform ‘Jealous,’ Show Off His Evening Wear at Miss Universe 2015
- Sam Smith Must Pay Tom Petty Songwriting Royalties for ‘Stay With Me’
- Hear That Kanye West & Rihanna Duet ‘FourFive Seconds’
- Try And Guess Who This Celebrity Is From Sunday Night’s SAG Awards
- 7 Day Smart Phone Detox! Can You Do It?
- Kristin Cavallari Instagrams Text Convo With Husband Jay Cutler About Their Kids
- Taylor Swift’s Belly Button Exposed!!
- SkyMall Declares Bankruptcy, But Its Craziest Products Live On