Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Future Lives Large in ‘Poppin’ Tags’ Video
- Serena Williams Snaps At Reporter
- Obama’s Final Letter As President Will Make You Cry
- President Trump Quotes Line From “The Dark Knight Rises” In Inauguration Speech
- Migos Share New Track ‘What the Price’
- What You Doin’ At The Courthouse (01/20/17)
- Adele Will Perform at the GRAMMYs
- Amber Rose Discusses Gender Roles, Cat Calls and Cheaters
- Common Addresses Women’s Health at Gig for Planned Parenthood
- ILoveMakonnen Announces: ‘I’m Gay’