Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Colin Kaepernick Gives $34,000 to J. Cole’s Dreamville Charity
- Demi Lovato Announces New Album ‘Tell Me You Love Me’
- Prince’s 1987 Concert Movie ‘Sign o’ the Times’ Headed to Showtime
- ‘Macarena’ Dance Lands Saudi Teen in Hot Water with Police
- Your Solar Eclipse Glasses Can Still Be Put To Good Use
- Desiigner Taps Gucci Mane for Wild Ride in ‘Liife’ Video
- Meghan Trainor Denounces Anti-Marriage Equality Ad Using Her Picture
- Mel B Throws Water At Simon Cowell On “America’s Got Talent”
- Taylor Swift Announces New Album ‘Reputation’
- Watch Mel B Throw Water on Simon Cowell