Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Listen To Win A Pair Of Tickets To The Hot Tea Pool Party!
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Tickets And Backstage Passes To Meet Lil Dicky
- Listen To Win A Pair Of Tickets And Backstage Passes To Meet Lil Dicky
- Listen To Win Tickets To SeaWorld’s Viva La Musica
- Listen To Win Tickets To Seaworld’s Viva La Musica
- Play ‘What’s In Jill’s Purse?!’ To Win A Pair Of Tickets To RuPaul’s Drag Race!
- Beat My Tweet To Win Emblem3 Tickets
- Drake Reveals His Dog’s Name
- Chris Brown Drops Mixtape ‘Before the Trap: Nights in Tarzana’
- Why Did Drake Cut Kanye and Jay Z from ‘Views’?