Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Play “Show Tune Tuesdays” To Win “The Great Wall” Movie Passes
- “Beat My Tweet” To Win Movie Passes To See “The Great Wall”
- Play “What’s In Jill’s Purse?!” To Win Tickets To Laugh With Whitney Cummings
- Play ‘Battle Of The Hoods’ Tickets To Laugh With Whitney Cummings
- Beyoncé Flips the Bird at Post GRAMMY Celebration
- Pitbull Drops New Track ‘Options’ Featuring Stephen Marley
- Happy Random Acts Of Kindness Day
- The Weeknd and Drake Reunite
- Nicole Kidman Reveals That She Was Engaged to Lenny Kravitz
- Sara Bareilles Talks Broadway Acting Debut in ‘Waitress’