Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Spooky TV Shows Are On the Rise: 5 To Watch Out For
- Beastie Boys’ Adam Horovitz Gives Advice to Teenagers
- Honda Pulls April Fools Prank with Selfie Car
- Mulder Sings? David Duchovny Sets Release Date for Debut Album ‘Hell or Highwater’
- Justin Bieber Scrapped a Whole Album, Is Working on New One with Kanye West, Rick Rubin
- Madonna: Calling TIDAL the llluminati Is ‘the Highest of Compliments’
- Did Louis Tomlinson Diss Zayn Malik at a Recent Show?
- Watch the First Episode of Hayley Williams’ New Beauty Web Series ‘Kiss Off’
- Ed Sheeran Reveals Late Summer U.S. Tour Dates
- Fashion Find Of The Week: DSW Studded Rust Sandals