Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Nicki Minaj to Get Animated on Cartoon Network’s ‘Steven Universe’
- Hilary Duff Returns with Sun-Drenched Comeback Single ‘Chasing the Sun': Listen
- Kanye West Emerges Victorious in Coinye Cryptocurrency Lawsuit
- ‘Naked’ Liam Payne ‘Full Frontal’ Shot [PIC]
- [PHOTOS] Justin Bieber, Jenna Marbles, More At Young Hollywood Awards
- [PHOTOS] 101.9 AMP Radio Heads To Daytona For Topless Summer
- Coldplay Donates $17,000 to Terminally Ill Fan
- Shaquille O’Neal Raps to Convince Pharrell He Should Be On ‘NBA 2K15′ Soundtrack: Watch
- Trending: The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1 Trailer Revealed
- Taylor Swift Rockin Corn Rows In Old School Picture [PIC]