Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Win Tickets To See Fifth Harmony
- Win Tickets To See Ed Sheeran
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To See Nico & Vinz
- Win Tickets To Ride The Orlando Eye
- Download Pingo to Have Fun and Win Prizes While Taking Photos
- Lance Bass on One Direction: ‘I Just See Harry Leaving Soon’
- Drake Shook Hands with Paul Pierce & Now Everyone’s Mad
- Yelawolf, Eminem Visit Church in ‘Best Friend’ Video: Watch
- Uh, Is Diddy Starring in ‘Rush Hour 4’?
- Bleachers Remix Sia’s ‘Big Girls Cry': Listen