Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Play What’s In Jill’s Purse To Win Orlando Magic Tickets
- Beyoncé and Jay Z Bought ‘The Big Lebowski’ Mansion
- Win Tickets To Halloween Horror Nights®
- Win Tickets to See Selena Gomez On Her Revival Tour
- Selena Gomez Revival Tour Presale
- Is Avril Lavigne Making A Country Album?
- Selena Gomez on Intimate, Authentic ‘Revival’
- Did You Win The Trip To We Can Survive?
- Watch Nick Jonas’ New Video for ‘Area Code’
- Jazzy Jeff Reveals Secret Will Smith Verse for Kanye West’s ‘Clique’: “It Was Huge”