Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Shawn Mendes, Maren Morris & Chance the Rapper to Perform on ‘Saturday Night Live’
- No, J Cole Did Not Diss Kanye
- Donald Glover Is The Genius Everybody Ignores
- The Lumineers Cover ‘Blue Christmas’
- DJ Earworm Mashes Up the Biggest Hits of 2016
- Train Announce New Album ‘a girl a bottle a boat’
- Bruno Mars’ ’24K Magic’ Gets a Victoria’s Secret Twist
- Is Kanye West J. Cole’s ‘False Prophet’?
- What You Doin’ At The Courthouse (12/02/16)
- Lady Gaga Performs Intimate Set on London Rooftop