Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Light The Town Pink With Orlando Health & 101.9 AMP Radio
- CHVRCHES Cover Calvin Harris’ ‘This is What You Came For’
- [AUDIO] Chad And Actor Leslie Jordan Surprise Jill On-Air
- Britney Spears Would Totally Do the Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Mike Tyson Took Kanye West’s UFC Seats
- Jay Z Runs Interference on Crazed Beyoncé Fan
- 50 Cent’s Next Venture: 50 Cent Stores?
- Ariana Grande Sued for Copyright Infringement
- Prince’s ‘Lets Go Crazy’ will Ring Out When Minnesota Wild Scores
- ‘Rihanna’s Next Single will be ‘Love on The Brain’