Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Taylor Swift Is Getting a GRAMMY Museum Exhibit, ‘The Taylor Swift Experience’
- Watch a Bunch of Old People Dance to ‘Turn Down for What’
- Iggy Azalea Responds to Eminem Rape Line, Says She’s Bored of ‘Old Men Threatening Young Women’
- Nicki Minaj, One Direction, Charli XCX Coming to ‘SNL’
- Mary J. Blige, Disclosure Release New Collab ‘Follow’: Listen
- Sia Offers ‘Iko Iko’ Cover in Pledge on Husband’s Kickstarter Campaign
- Lana Del Rey is Sexually Assaulted in Unearthed NSFW Marilyn Manson Video
- André 3000′s Outkast Reunion Tour Jumpsuits Get Their Own Art Exhibit
- Nicki Minaj Takes Over on the New David Guetta Jam, ‘Hey Mama’: Listen
- This Way To Eat Oreos Will Blow Your Mind!! [Video]