Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Celebrities Real Names
- Quickest Interview Ever: Christina Perri [VIDEO]
- Trending: Nick Jonas Turned 22 And The Internet Celebrated
- Nick Jonas Can’t Help Getting ‘Jealous’ Over Real Life Girlfriend, Olivia Culpo in New Video: Watch
- Tove Lo Shares R-Rated New Single, ‘Moments’
- Eminem Sues New Zealand National Political Party for Unauthorized Use of ‘Lose Yourself’
- Beyoncé And Jay Z Are Recording An Album Together!?!
- Should Cocoa Beach Ban Drinking? [POLL]
- [WATCH] Vintage Orlando Promotional Video From The 60s
- One Direction’s Harry Styles Very Much Enjoys Kacey Musgraves’ Music