Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Register To Win Tickets To See Mac Miller
- 6 Tips For Bringing A Date To Thanksgiving
- Adele’s “Hello” In 25 Different Styles!
- Kylie Jenner Denies Tyga Breakup Rumors
- Film Your Own ‘Hotline Bling’ Video in Toronto
- SeaWorld’s “Blue Friday” Includes BOGO Annual Passes
- 2 Chainz Debuts Ugly Christmas Sweater Line & ‘BFF’ Music Video
- 6 Drake Collaborations We’d Like to See on ‘Views From the 6’
- Swizz Beatz Reveals Secret Message from Barack Obama, Plays KRS One Snippet
- Beyoncé to Launch New Clothing Line with Top Shop Owner Philip Green