Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- [PHOTOS] Bebe Rexha Takes The Stage At The Ho Ho Ho Show
- [PHOTOS] Bea Miller Takes The Stage At The Ho Ho Ho Show
- [PHOTOS] Bebe Rexha Meet & Greet
- [PHOTOS] Tinashe Meet & Greet
- [PHOTOS] Meghan Trainor Meet & Greet
- New Coachella Video Features Pharrell, Lorde, Arcade Fire: Watch
- Solange Takes Azealia Banks’ Side in Iggy Azalea Feud
- Rihanna Continues to Tease New Album with French Fan Event
- Jay Z & Beyonce Outbid for L.A. Mansion By the Minecraft Guy
- 2014 In Review: Weddings, Deaths & Final Acts