Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Enter To Win Tickets To The Central Florida Fair
- [PHOTOS] Grandtheft In The STK Lounge
- [PHOTOS] Live From The STK Lounge At DFWF 2017
- [PHOTOS] DFWF 2017: What Are They Eating And Drinking?
- [PHOTOS] Live From Downtown Food & Wine Fest: Day 1
- Win “Get Out” Movie Passes With Kevin Kon
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To The Central Florida Fair
- Play “Show Tune Tuesdays” To Win “Get Out” Movie Passes
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Orlando Magic Tickets
- Sail Into The Seven Seas Festival At SeaWorld