Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Ballot Selfies Are Illegal
- Happy National Greasy Food Day
- President Obama Trumps Trump’s Mean Tweet
- Drake Responds to Alleged Kid Cudi Diss
- 11 Totally Epic Taylor Swift Squad Moments
- Preview Lady Gaga on ‘Carpool Karaoke’
- Wiz Khalifa and Son Sebastian Appear in ‘Sleep at Night’ Video
- General Mills To Launch New Girl Scouts Cookie Cereals
- Suge Knight Sues Dr. Dre, Claims Murder for Hire Plot
- Early Voting Locations In Orange County