Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Play Battle Of The Hoods To Win Pitbull Tickets
- Beat My Tweet To Win Tickets To RARE Orlando
- Play Show Tune Tuesday To Win Tickets To The ‘I Love The 90’s Tour’
- Britney Spears Reveals Dream Car
- 8 Amazing Instagrams from Drake & Future’s ‘Summer Sixteen Tour’
- Gwen Stefani Shows Multi-Generational Appeal at Jones Beach Concert
- DJ Khaled on Police Brutality: ‘I Can’t Believe What’s Going On’
- [LISTEN] John Leguizamo Of ‘Ice Age: Collision Course’ With Chad & Jill
- [WATCH] Celebrate Selena Gomez 24th Birthday With Her Top 5 Hits
- 5 Seconds of Summer Fight Ghosts in New Video ‘Girls Talk Boys’