Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Watch the ’50 Shades of Grey’ Trailer: the ‘Turn Down for What’ Edition
- Stream Tomorrowland EDM Fest’s Second Weekend Live in Belgium All Weekend
- Kesha Once Broke Into Prince’s House to Drop Off Her Album
- T.I., Fall Out Boy & London Grammar Performed ‘Live Your Life’ Together on ‘SoundClash’ and It Totally Worked
- Lil Wayne Signs Cristiano Ronaldo, Is Now a Sports Agent
- M.I.A. Drops New Song, ‘Gold’
- Watch Ex-Porn Star Sasha Grey DJ Mexico City’s Electric Colors Festival
- Amy Winehouse the Subject of New Comic Book
- Listen To Dustin And Score Your Tickets To See R5 At The Hard Rock Live!