Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- The Age Women Feel ‘The Most Beautiful’
- More Super Secret Menu Items At Starbucks
- Daily Dish For 4.27.17
- Sabrina Carpenter Announces Summer Tour Dates
- Taylor Swift Critiqued by Animated Pets
- Lana Del Rey Taps Stevie Nicks for New Track: Report
- Katy Perry’s New Single ‘Bon Appétit’ Features Migos
- Katy Perry, Haim & LCD Soundsystem Set for ‘Saturday Night Live’
- Kylie Jenner And Travis Scott Spotted Together … Again
- Timehop and Facebook Stories Are Humbling Apps