Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Man Arrested for Slapping Justin Timberlake at Celebrity Golf Tournament
- Demi Lovato Discusses Mental Illness, Performs ‘Confident’ at DNC
- Dr. Dre Searched by Police at Malibu Home
- Daily Dish For 7.26.16
- See a Photo of Harry Styles from the set of ‘Dunkirk’
- Alessia Cara Covers U2’s ‘One’
- Pitbull Releases ‘Greenlight’ Featuring Flo Rida & LunchMoney Lewis
- Watch a Group of 80 Year Olds ‘Shake It Off’ to Taylor Swift
- Rihanna to Play Pivotal Role in ‘Bates Motel’
- Listen To Win Suicide Squad Advance Screening Tickets