Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Does Britney Spears’ New Single Feature G-Eazy?
- Katy Perry, Closet Lit Enthusiast?
- Reset Your Preset To 101.9 AMP Radio For Free Gas From Circle K!
- No Filter Episode 3: What Annoys You On Facebook?
- Pitbull Drops ‘Messin’ Around’ Video Featuring Enrique Iglesias
- Zac Efron Takes It All Off [VIDEO]
- Jay Z’s References ‘Lemonade’ on ‘All the Way Up’ Remix
- Anne Hathaway, James Corden Face off in Rap Battle
- OneRepublic Talk ‘Everywhere I Go,’ Peter Gabriel Collaboration
- AMP Fringe Pick 5.25.16: On The Fringe