Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Artists Send Love to London after Parliament Attack
- Drake’s Latest Tattoo is a Portrait of an Iconic R&B Singer
- Lindsay Lohan Is Returning To TV
- Teenage Boy and Reddit Stump SCOTUS Nominee
- Rupert Grint Really is Ed Sheeran
- Cosmetic Tattoos Are Beauty’s New Trend
- Drake’s Toronto Mansion is Massive
- 5 Celebrities We All Want To Workout With
- You Can Use A Hard Boiled Egg To Apply Your Makeup
- Watch Beauty Bloggers Transformation Into Taylor Swift