Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Iggy Azalea Cancels The Great Escape Tour
- Justin Bieber Serenades Newly Engaged Couple with ‘I’ll Make Love To You': Watch
- See Nicki Minaj’s Sexy New ‘Cosmopolitan’ Cover
- Beat My Tweet For Tickets To See Walk The Moon
- Tickets To Orlando Eye And More
- Little Mix Become Your New Queen Bee Overlords in ‘Black Magic’ Video: Watch
- You’re Invited to Jamie Foxx & Chris Brown’s House Party for Their ‘You Changed Me’ Video: Watch
- Ed Sheeran Just Met a New Friend: His Own Wax Figure
- This Beyonce/DuckTales Mashup Is Complete & Utter Perfection
- Water Company Exec Disputes Jay Z Claim That Water Is Free