Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Radio.com Presents the 2014 Eventful Fan’s Choice Awards
- Iranians Who Made Tehran ‘Happy’ Video Sentenced to Six Months in Jail, 91 Lashings
- Pitbull Is Visited By A Lady In A Red Dress In ‘Fireball': Watch
- [PHOTOS] TwentyOne Pilots Meet & Greet At The House Of Blues
- [PHOTOS] New York Stops By The LA Connect Green Room!
- Jennifer Lopez and Iggy Azalea Unite in ‘Booty’ Video: Watch
- Avicii Drops New Song ‘The Nights’ for FIFA 2015
- Trending: Did Ariana Grande Say That She Hopes Her Fans Die?
- [VIDEO] J-Lo, Iggy Azalea, Nicki Minaj and Pittbull: “Booty”
- Disney + Hot Dads With Their Kids = DILFs Of Instagram