Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Taylor Swift Hosts Fan-Only ‘Reputation’ Playback at Rhode Island Home
- Snoop Dogg Debuts ‘Make America Crip Again’
- 5 Easy Meals For People On The Go
- Post Malone Talks “Rockstar” With Danie B
- Watch Chance the Rapper Unbox His GRAMMY Awards with Young Daughter
- Kelly Clarkson Debuts New Track ‘Meaning of Life’
- Katy Perry Got Stuck On a Floating Prop at Her Nashville Show: Watch
- Charlie Puth Can’t Stop Dancing in ‘How Long’ Music Video
- Taylor Swift Teases New Single ‘Gorgeous’
- 5 Types Of People You’ll See On Snapchat