Drake Responds To ‘Marvin’s Room’ Lawsuit
Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- [PHOTOS] OMG Music Fest With 101.9 AMP Radio
- Jill’s Fabulous Friend: How To Spot A Tramp
- T.I. Jumps on Jeremih’s ‘Don’t Tell Em’ for Remix: Listen
- Riff Raff Slams Sam Smith for Cropping Him Out of VMAs Photo: ‘Your Face is Super Huge’
- Diplo Debuts Jack U’s ‘Take U There’ with Kiesza Live at Mad Decent Block Party: Listen
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Miley Cyrus’ Homeless VMAs Date Turns Himself in to Jail, Posts Bail
- Trending: 5 Seconds Of Summer Announce Fan Convention “DERPCON”
- Text All Weekend Long To Get Hooked Up With Backstage Passes To Hook Up #6!