Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- The Chainsmokers Drop New Track ‘All We Know’
- Niall Horan Releases First Single, ‘This Town’
- Beyoncé Shows Off New Ivy Park Collection
- Wrestling Superstar Cody Rhodes Talks Wrestling, Cheat Meals, His ‘Arrow’ Stint & Halloween Horror Nights
- The Weeknd Surprises with New Single ‘False Alarm’
- Meet Phoebe Ryan, Vocalist on The Chainsmokers’ ‘All We Know’
- Jay Z, Dame Dash Win Lawsuit Against Graphic Designer
- Kesha Defends Former Miss Universe Against Donald Trump Attack
- Britney Spears Biopic ‘Britney’ Cast Revealed
- Shawn Mendes and James Corden Battle Deploys Sia, Spice Girls & TLC