Several weeks ago we told you that Ericka Lee, the woman who can be heard on the voice mail at the beginning of Drake‘s Marvin’s Room, was suing the singer for a co-writing credit and unspecified damages. Now Drake’s camp is coming forth and saying that there is no basis to the claims and she was NOT his girlfriend as she had asserted.
TMZ is reporting that Drake filed his response to the suit last week saying that “she consented to the use of her voice in the song ‘Marvin’s Room’ for no compensation.”
He also says that the two were not romantically involved as she had earlier claimed and that he never threatened her after she began making complaints that she wasn’t compensated for the song.
A judge has yet to rule on the case.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- What You Doin’ At The Courthouse (6/23/17)
- “All The Feels” For 6.23.17
- Fifth Harmony Founder Says Fans are ‘Fifth Member’ of Group
- Jennifer Lopez Puts ‘Photoshop’ Accusers in their Place
- Watch Camila Cabello Perform ‘Crying in the Club’ on ‘The Tonight Show’
- DJ Chino’s FINALLY Friday Mix (6.23.17)
- Daily Dish For 6.23.17
- John Singleton Slams Tupac Movie ‘All Eyez On Me’
- Wyclef Jean Announces New Album, Drops 2 New Tracks
- JAY-Z Pens Inspiring Call for Social Justice