When reality personality Kim Kardashian stepped to the microphone as a singer, her efforts were roundly criticized by critics and she was painted as as opportunists looking to cash in on her fame. But The-Dream, the R&B singer and song writer responsible for Kim K’s foray into music, recently took responsibility for the record.
When Kim K’s song “The Jam (Turn it Up)” was released in March of 2011, she quickly took to twitter to announce that she was not attempting to launch a career in music.
“This was just a fun new experience!,” she tweeted. “I am so glad I went for it! And the proceeds to JAM are being donated to St. Judes Children’s hospital”
Yesterday, The-Dream explained how the Kardashian collaboration came about. ”I’m the one that actually called her to do it,” he told RapFix Live‘s Sway Calloway. “This was very, very — believe it or not — a very fun moment for me. It’s one of my lightest musical moments. Usually you know why you are doing it. Somebody needs a hit…It wasn’t about kicking-off a singing career, it was us really having the power of TV and goofing off. Which, of course, rubs anybody the wrong way.”
Now serving as the Executive Vice President of Def Jam, The-Dream takes full responsibility for the choice.
“I’m the one who called her to do it,” he said. “You have me to blame. Put it all on me.”
–E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Alicia Keys’ New Song ‘Back to Life’ Featured in Disney’s ‘Queen of Katwe’
- Halle Berry Flaunts Her 50-Year-Old Beach Body
- Rob Kardashian is Now Diabetes Free
- Watch Demi Lovato Surprise Fans as a Lyft Driver
- Who Is Teyana Taylor?
- Kanye West Wants to Design Chicago School Uniforms
- ‘Surviving Compton’ Biopic Tells Michel’le Toussaint’s Story
- Selena Gomez Taking Career Break For Health Reasons
- What is the Greatest Opening Line in Hip Hop History?
- Black Eyed Peas Re-Release ‘Where is the Love?’ with Justin Timberlake, Usher, More