The-Dream Reveals Kim Kardashian’s Musical Inspiration: “You Have Me To Blame”
When reality personality Kim Kardashian stepped to the microphone as a singer, her efforts were roundly criticized by critics and she was painted as as opportunists looking to cash in on her fame. But The-Dream, the R&B singer and song writer responsible for Kim K’s foray into music, recently took responsibility for the record.
When Kim K’s song “The Jam (Turn it Up)” was released in March of 2011, she quickly took to twitter to announce that she was not attempting to launch a career in music.
“This was just a fun new experience!,” she tweeted. “I am so glad I went for it! And the proceeds to JAM are being donated to St. Judes Children’s hospital”
Yesterday, The-Dream explained how the Kardashian collaboration came about. ”I’m the one that actually called her to do it,” he told RapFix Live‘s Sway Calloway. “This was very, very — believe it or not — a very fun moment for me. It’s one of my lightest musical moments. Usually you know why you are doing it. Somebody needs a hit…It wasn’t about kicking-off a singing career, it was us really having the power of TV and goofing off. Which, of course, rubs anybody the wrong way.”
Now serving as the Executive Vice President of Def Jam, The-Dream takes full responsibility for the choice.
“I’m the one who called her to do it,” he said. “You have me to blame. Put it all on me.”
–E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Jennifer Lopez’s Drops New Single, ‘I Luh Ya Papi’ Featuring French Montana
- Skrillex & Boys Noize Go Interstellar for New Dog Blood Video ‘Chella Ride’
- New Study Finds That Some People Are Incapable of Enjoying Music
- Lady Gaga to Headline Intimate Show at SXSW
- Taylor Swift: Inside the ACM Entertainer of the Year Nominees
- Hot Right Now: Justin Bieber’s Genitals Will Be Blacked Out In New Arrest Video
- Justin Bieber May Get Exposure Where the Sun Don’t Shine
- A New Study Shows Which Words in Music Have Stood the Test of Time
- Katy Perry Became a Weather Girl For a Day Down Under
- [PHOTOS] Miami Police Documented Justin Bieber’s Ink In Photos