The-Dream Reveals Kim Kardashian’s Musical Inspiration: “You Have Me To Blame”
When reality personality Kim Kardashian stepped to the microphone as a singer, her efforts were roundly criticized by critics and she was painted as as opportunists looking to cash in on her fame. But The-Dream, the R&B singer and song writer responsible for Kim K’s foray into music, recently took responsibility for the record.
When Kim K’s song “The Jam (Turn it Up)” was released in March of 2011, she quickly took to twitter to announce that she was not attempting to launch a career in music.
“This was just a fun new experience!,” she tweeted. “I am so glad I went for it! And the proceeds to JAM are being donated to St. Judes Children’s hospital”
Yesterday, The-Dream explained how the Kardashian collaboration came about. ”I’m the one that actually called her to do it,” he told RapFix Live‘s Sway Calloway. “This was very, very — believe it or not — a very fun moment for me. It’s one of my lightest musical moments. Usually you know why you are doing it. Somebody needs a hit…It wasn’t about kicking-off a singing career, it was us really having the power of TV and goofing off. Which, of course, rubs anybody the wrong way.”
Now serving as the Executive Vice President of Def Jam, The-Dream takes full responsibility for the choice.
“I’m the one who called her to do it,” he said. “You have me to blame. Put it all on me.”
–E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- T.I. Gets Cast in ‘Ant-Man,’ But He’d Rather Talk About Ferguson
- Q&A: Joel Madden of Madden Brothers and the New Revolution of ‘We Are Done’
- Trending: Will Katy Perry, Rihanna Or Coldplay Pay To Play The Super Bowl?
- Trey Songz Beds Two Women at Once in ‘What’s Best for You’ Music Video: Watch
- Sam Smith: Tinder is ‘Ruining Romance’
- NFL Asks Coldplay, Katy Perry & Rihanna to Pay to Play 2015 Super Bowl Halftime Show
- Calvin Harris, David Guetta, Avicii: Who is the World’s Highest Paid DJ?
- 10 Epic Ice Bucket Challenge FAILS!!!
- Stream ’11:11,’ Puff Daddy’s Deep House Project with Guy Gerber
- Elizabeth Arden Reports Losses After Justin Bieber, Taylor Swift Fragrances Tank