Nicki Minaj Covers Allure, Stakes Her Claim On Pink
Beauty magazine Allure have Nicki Minaj covering their April issue in enough pastel to satisfy the Easter bunny. Minaj rocks a pink wig on the cover and another inside the issue, where hair stylist Terrence Davidson tells Allure, “Nicki basically owns pink.”
The magazine details Davidson’s work on a Marie Antoinette-esque pink wig Minaj wore for the shoot that required two days and five hair pieces to create. Davidson is very important in Minaj’s world, where she details to Allure her fascination with hair saying, “I had done something I thought was really, really, really cute, and I showed my neighbor,” she says. “She was like, ‘Why’d you do that to your hair?’ And I never forget what I said: ‘I’m someone new in this hair.'”
Minaj has ambition to match her collection of wigs. She tells the magazine about chatting with the leader of the rap game. “I had a little conversation with Jay-Z at the Victoria’s Secret fashion show,” Minaj noted. “He said, ‘Congratulations on all your success.’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m coming for you. I’m coming for your spot, Mr. Mogul.'”
The April issue featuring Nicki Minaj hits newsstands on March 20. Minaj’s new album, Roman Reloaded, is in stores on April 3. Minaj teased her fans on Twitter recently, saying that she would have a true hip-hop legend on the album.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- Katy Perry Reveals Holiday Covergirl Campaign
- 101.9 AMP Radio Presents The HO HO HO Show
- Dollar Drink Night At Chillers
- Register To Win Tickets To The Exclusive 101.9 AMP Radio Hoodie Allen Switch Party!
- Register To Win A Christmas Tree And $250!
- Register To Win A Christmas Tree With All The Fixings!
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Diplo & Mad Decent Wish You a Merry Christmas With New Mixtape: Listen