Nicki Minaj Covers Allure, Stakes Her Claim On Pink
Beauty magazine Allure have Nicki Minaj covering their April issue in enough pastel to satisfy the Easter bunny. Minaj rocks a pink wig on the cover and another inside the issue, where hair stylist Terrence Davidson tells Allure, “Nicki basically owns pink.”
The magazine details Davidson’s work on a Marie Antoinette-esque pink wig Minaj wore for the shoot that required two days and five hair pieces to create. Davidson is very important in Minaj’s world, where she details to Allure her fascination with hair saying, “I had done something I thought was really, really, really cute, and I showed my neighbor,” she says. “She was like, ‘Why’d you do that to your hair?’ And I never forget what I said: ‘I’m someone new in this hair.'”
Minaj has ambition to match her collection of wigs. She tells the magazine about chatting with the leader of the rap game. “I had a little conversation with Jay-Z at the Victoria’s Secret fashion show,” Minaj noted. “He said, ‘Congratulations on all your success.’ And I was like, ‘Yeah, I’m coming for you. I’m coming for your spot, Mr. Mogul.'”
The April issue featuring Nicki Minaj hits newsstands on March 20. Minaj’s new album, Roman Reloaded, is in stores on April 3. Minaj teased her fans on Twitter recently, saying that she would have a true hip-hop legend on the album.
-Courtney E. Smith, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Kid Ink, Ty Dolla $ign & Travis Barker Flip MAGIC!’s ‘Rude’ with Remix: Listen
- Lorde to Curate ‘The Hunger Games: Mockingjay Part 1′ Soundtrack
- Katy Perry Gets Down with Her Summer Self in ‘This is How We Do’ Video: Watch
- [PHOTOS] MKTO At The House Of Blues
- Florida’s Most Popular Cereal Is…Special K???
- Chance the Rapper Covers ‘Arthur’ Theme Song, With Help From Wyclef Jean, Jessie Ware
- MTV Paying Millions After T.I. Shows Dead Body on TV
- Jessie Ware Debuts New Song ‘Champagne Kisses’ in Concert
- Vin Diesel Covered Sam Smith’s ‘Stay With Me’
- 5 Seconds Of Summer Announce 2015 North America Tour