Diplo Premieres Booty Shaking “Express Yourself” Video
Diplo, best known as the producer behind Usher’s “Climax,” Beyonce’s “Run The World (Girls)”, and Chris Brown’s “Look At Me Now,” releases the video for “Express Yourself” from a forthcoming EP on his Mad Decent imprint label. The video was shot on location in New Orleans and there is a whole lot of booty shakin’ going on.
The song features Nicky Da B, a bounce rapper. Bounce is a call-and-response New Orleans based style of hip hop also known as sissy rap. You’re unlikely to hear it, or see it, outside of New Orleans although you’ve heard it incorporated into the chanting verses that Juvenile and Three 6 Mafia often employ.
Aside from his production duties, Diplo is also launching a book this spring. 128 Beats Per Minute: Dilpo’s Visual Guide to Music, Culture, and Everything in Between will be released on March 27. It follows Diplo on his musical and cultural journeys, “from his involvement with dub reggae in Jamaica to the electro/techno underground in Tel Aviv” as documented by photographer Shane McCauley.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Jaden Smith Gets a Love Interest in Kylie Jenner for ‘Blue Ocean’ Video: Watch
- Wayne Coyne Talks Shelved Kesha Project, Sides with Singer in Dr. Luke Controversy
- Tyga Disses Nicki Minaj, Drake: ‘He’s Just Fake to Me’
- Hang Out With 101.9 AMP Radio At The Orlando Making Strides Against Breast Cancer Walk!
- Watch Floyd Mayweather Beat Justin Bieber with a Baseball Bat in a Boxing Ring, Courtesy of ‘Conan’
- 8-Seconds of White Noise from Taylor Swift Topped the Canadian iTunes Chart
- Sia Does ‘You’re Never Fully Dressed Without A Smile’ For ‘Annie’ Soundtrack: Listen
- Kesha Denied Dr. Luke Molested Her in Years-Old Deposition
- We Can Survive 2014: What Have the Performers Been Up To?
- Kanye West Gets All Mushy in Honor of Kim Kardashian’s Birthday