Diplo Premieres Booty Shaking “Express Yourself” Video
Diplo, best known as the producer behind Usher’s “Climax,” Beyonce’s “Run The World (Girls)”, and Chris Brown’s “Look At Me Now,” releases the video for “Express Yourself” from a forthcoming EP on his Mad Decent imprint label. The video was shot on location in New Orleans and there is a whole lot of booty shakin’ going on.
The song features Nicky Da B, a bounce rapper. Bounce is a call-and-response New Orleans based style of hip hop also known as sissy rap. You’re unlikely to hear it, or see it, outside of New Orleans although you’ve heard it incorporated into the chanting verses that Juvenile and Three 6 Mafia often employ.
Aside from his production duties, Diplo is also launching a book this spring. 128 Beats Per Minute: Dilpo’s Visual Guide to Music, Culture, and Everything in Between will be released on March 27. It follows Diplo on his musical and cultural journeys, “from his involvement with dub reggae in Jamaica to the electro/techno underground in Tel Aviv” as documented by photographer Shane McCauley.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- [PHOTOS] Jake Miller Performs At The U.S. Open Of Water Skiing
- We Can Survive Recap: Taylor Swift, Pharrell, Ariana Grande Dazzle the Hollywood Bowl
- Watch Kiesza Dance with Her Clothes in ‘No Enemiesz’ Video
- Watch Drake YOLO It Up, Do the Shmoney Dance at a Dave & Buster’s
- Watch Iggy Azalea’s ‘SNL’ Promo with Jim Carrey
- Danny DeVito Steals the Show in One Direction’s ‘Steal My Girl’ Video: Watch
- YG Jumps On Remix of Fergie’s ‘L.A. Love (La La)': Listen
- Iggy Azalea Releases ‘Beg For it,’ Featuring MØ: Listen
- Ariana Grande, Maroon 5, Pharrell & Tim McGraw to Perform on ‘A Very GRAMMY Christmas’
- Score A Pair Of Tickets To See Usher Live At The Amway Center On December 12th!