Diplo Premieres Booty Shaking “Express Yourself” Video
Diplo, best known as the producer behind Usher’s “Climax,” Beyonce’s “Run The World (Girls)”, and Chris Brown’s “Look At Me Now,” releases the video for “Express Yourself” from a forthcoming EP on his Mad Decent imprint label. The video was shot on location in New Orleans and there is a whole lot of booty shakin’ going on.
The song features Nicky Da B, a bounce rapper. Bounce is a call-and-response New Orleans based style of hip hop also known as sissy rap. You’re unlikely to hear it, or see it, outside of New Orleans although you’ve heard it incorporated into the chanting verses that Juvenile and Three 6 Mafia often employ.
Aside from his production duties, Diplo is also launching a book this spring. 128 Beats Per Minute: Dilpo’s Visual Guide to Music, Culture, and Everything in Between will be released on March 27. It follows Diplo on his musical and cultural journeys, “from his involvement with dub reggae in Jamaica to the electro/techno underground in Tel Aviv” as documented by photographer Shane McCauley.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- Katy Perry Reveals Holiday Covergirl Campaign
- 101.9 AMP Radio Presents The HO HO HO Show
- Dollar Drink Night At Chillers
- Register To Win Tickets To The Exclusive 101.9 AMP Radio Hoodie Allen Switch Party!
- Register To Win A Christmas Tree And $250!
- Register To Win A Christmas Tree With All The Fixings!
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Diplo & Mad Decent Wish You a Merry Christmas With New Mixtape: Listen