Diplo, best known as the producer behind Usher’s “Climax,” Beyonce’s “Run The World (Girls)”, and Chris Brown’s “Look At Me Now,” releases the video for “Express Yourself” from a forthcoming EP on his Mad Decent imprint label. The video was shot on location in New Orleans and there is a whole lot of booty shakin’ going on.
The song features Nicky Da B, a bounce rapper. Bounce is a call-and-response New Orleans based style of hip hop also known as sissy rap. You’re unlikely to hear it, or see it, outside of New Orleans although you’ve heard it incorporated into the chanting verses that Juvenile and Three 6 Mafia often employ.
Aside from his production duties, Diplo is also launching a book this spring. 128 Beats Per Minute: Dilpo’s Visual Guide to Music, Culture, and Everything in Between will be released on March 27. It follows Diplo on his musical and cultural journeys, “from his involvement with dub reggae in Jamaica to the electro/techno underground in Tel Aviv” as documented by photographer Shane McCauley.
What’s new on JAMZ?
- Ellie Goulding Shares New Video for ‘Still Falling For You’
- Taylor Swift Wishes Blake Lively Happy Birthday, Koala Style
- KFC Actually Made Chicken Scented Sunscreen
- EDC Orlando Lineup Set For November 4-5 At Tinker Field
- Remembering Aaliyah
- Kanye Can Do Whatever He Wants At The VMAs
- Christina Grimmie Appears in Posthumously Released ‘Deception’ Video
- Katy Perry Feels Sorry for ‘Catfish’ Man
- Beyoncé Remembers Aaliyah
- Here’s the Full List of 2016 ‘MTV VMAs’ Performers