Bobbi Kristina Talks To Oprah About Loss Of Whitney Houston, Mother’s Legacy, And Her Plans To Sing
In Bobbi Kristina’s first public interview since the death of her pop star mother, Whitney Houston, she spoke to Oprah Winfrey about coping with the loss and her own plans to enter show biz.
“I gotta carry on her legacy,” Bobbi Kristina said. “I still have a voice…We’re gonna do the singing thing. Some acting, some dancing.”
When Oprah commented about the pressure a move into show business could bring, Bobbi Kristina responded, “It’s a lot of pressure but she prepared me for it.”
The interview, which aired last night (Sunday, March 11) on Oprah’s Next Chapter, also included interviews with Whitney’s brother and his wife, Gary and Pat Houston. Pat, a confidant of Whitney, is also the executor of her estate, offered some insight into Houston’s relationship with Bobby Brown, including the allegations that it was Brown who introduced Houston to drugs.
“I don’t think that’s true,” Pat said. “There was always so much outside interference, making it difficult for them to have a good relationship. You’re talking about two people who started out in the business very, very young.”
Pat also spoke about the last time she saw Whitney and how she reacted when she discovered her dead body.
“I know they had to pull her out of [the tub],” Pat said. “I could not leave her. I saw them cover her up and I knew that was it. I knew that that was it. Looking at her and watching that, I still could not believe it. I could not believe it. [Bobbi Kristina was down the hall]. I just had to keep my calm. One of the hardest things I’ve ever had to do, but I had to do it.”
When asked about her final thoughts, Bobbi Kristina painted a more positive image of her mother.
“Now she literally is an angel,” Bobbi Krisinta said. “But everyone wanted to say she was something she wasn’t. I saw her hurt, I saw her cry and I helped her through that. We held each other through that. So many people saying so many other things but they don’t really know who she was. Everything people are saying about her, all that negativity is garbage. That’s not my mother that’s not who she is.”
–E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- 7 Day Smart Phone Detox! Can you do it?
- Kristin Cavallari Instagrams Text Convo With Husband Jay Cutler About Their Kids.
- Taylor Swift’s Belly Button Exposed!!
- SkyMall Declares Bankruptcy, But Its Craziest Products Live On
- Own a Print of the Iconic Kanye West ‘College Dropout’ Album Cover
- Katy Perry, Her Dog Have Important Puppy Bowl Meeting
- Pharrell Will Appear on an Upcoming Episode of ‘The Simpsons’
- Eminem, Big Sean & More Rep for Detroit in ‘Detroit vs. Everybody’ Video: Watch
- Ariana Grande Knows Which Harry Potter House She’d Be In
- Diplo is Scared of Taylor Swift