Young Jeezy Enlists Ne-Yo For “Leave You Alone” Video, “It’s Very Intense”
Young Jeezy and Ne-Yo recently teamed up with director TAJ to create a mini-film for “Leave You Alone.” The seven minute video follows gun-toting gangsters and two star-crossed lovers for what seems to be a modern day Romeo and Juliet.
“This video is one of the best videos I’ve been a part of,” Jeezy told Hot 93.7’s, Jenny Boom Boom. “This video is a movie, literally. It got actors in it. It took us two and a half days to shoot. Full production. Its like a West Side story. It is very intense.”
In the video, which is part mini-drama, Jeezy tries his hand at acting. As he and his love interest try to hide their forbidden relationship from the world, Ne-Y can be seen singing the chorus. The story climaxes when Jeezy’s love interest runs away to be with him.
“Are you kidding me?” her friend asks. “You’re gonna get us killed. You’re going to get everybody killed and with those crazy brothers of yours.”
Fast forward to the next scene where Olivia’s father and brothers go on a search for her and bust into Jeezy’s house, guns drawn. As her family pulls her out of the house kicking and screaming as Jeezy stands by.
Watch the video here.
Ne-Yo, who recently starred in George Lucas’ blockbuster film, Red Tails, weighed in on the video production last week.
“It’s a movie,” Ne-Yo told MTV.com. “Not even in a DJ Khaled sense; like, it’s really a movie.”
“Leave You Alone” is the fifth single off Jeezy’s third album, Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition.
- Annie Reuter, additional reporting by E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- How To Get That Fierce Holiday Look by Beyoncé’s Makeup Artist Francesca Tolot
- Katy Perry Reveals Holiday Covergirl Campaign
- 101.9 AMP Radio Presents The HO HO HO Show
- Dollar Drink Night At Chillers
- Register To Win Tickets To The Exclusive 101.9 AMP Radio Hoodie Allen Switch Party!
- Register To Win A Christmas Tree And $250!
- Register To Win A Christmas Tree With All The Fixings!
- 18 Holiday Gifts For The Music Lover In Your Life
- Lorde Was Taylor Swift’s Manager For One Night, And One Night Only
- Diplo & Mad Decent Wish You a Merry Christmas With New Mixtape: Listen