Young Jeezy and Ne-Yo recently teamed up with director TAJ to create a mini-film for “Leave You Alone.” The seven minute video follows gun-toting gangsters and two star-crossed lovers for what seems to be a modern day Romeo and Juliet.
“This video is one of the best videos I’ve been a part of,” Jeezy told Hot 93.7’s, Jenny Boom Boom. “This video is a movie, literally. It got actors in it. It took us two and a half days to shoot. Full production. Its like a West Side story. It is very intense.”
In the video, which is part mini-drama, Jeezy tries his hand at acting. As he and his love interest try to hide their forbidden relationship from the world, Ne-Y can be seen singing the chorus. The story climaxes when Jeezy’s love interest runs away to be with him.
“Are you kidding me?” her friend asks. “You’re gonna get us killed. You’re going to get everybody killed and with those crazy brothers of yours.”
Fast forward to the next scene where Olivia’s father and brothers go on a search for her and bust into Jeezy’s house, guns drawn. As her family pulls her out of the house kicking and screaming as Jeezy stands by.
Watch the video here.
Ne-Yo, who recently starred in George Lucas’ blockbuster film, Red Tails, weighed in on the video production last week.
“It’s a movie,” Ne-Yo told MTV.com. “Not even in a DJ Khaled sense; like, it’s really a movie.”
“Leave You Alone” is the fifth single off Jeezy’s third album, Thug Motivation 103: Hustlerz Ambition.
– Annie Reuter, additional reporting by E. Parker, CBS Local
What’s new on JAMZ?
- 2016 Marks The Return Of Soul Music
- Review: “Hairspray Live!” Serves Up Greatness
- Kanye West is Recording New Music, Hints Pete Rock
- Russell Crowe won’t Face Charges over Azealia Banks Scuffle
- Beyoncé’s ‘Daddy Lessons’ Rejected for Country GRAMMY: Report
- Meghan Trainor Cancels Concerts Through End of 2016
- Sia Separates from Husband of Two Years
- The Most Downloaded Apps of the Year
- Watch Tegan and Sara’s ‘Miami Vice’-Inspired Video ‘Dying to Know’
- Daily Dish for 12.8.16