Kid Cudi & Dot The Genius’ WZRD Album See Good Sales Despite No Backing From The Label
Last week, Kid Cudi went on what I like to call a “twitter rampage,” last week going after his label, for what he considered not proper promotion and marketing for his collaborative, WZRD, album with producer, Dot the Genius. Despite all this they had a pretty decent job on the charts.
The WZRD, self-titled debut album debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, behind Adele and Whitney Houston. They sold 66,000 copies and had the highest debut on the charts this week. Congrats to Kid Cudi and Dot the Genius for their success despite no radio airplay, and their record label not supporting them! Check out video of WZRD performing “Teleport to me, Jamie,” this week on, Conan.
Get the latest on JAMZ:
- Taylor Swift Patents Lyrics, Including ‘This Sick Beat’
- Wine Raves: the Toast of Los Angeles Nightlife
- Would Chris Pratt Make a Good Indiana Jones?
- Who Is Fancy Is Blowing Up The Internet And We’re Totally Ok With It
- Tyga, Chris Brown Reveal ‘Fan of a Fan: The Album’ Tracklist
- Ella Henderson on Taking Inspiration from Mermaids and Valentino in Style Files
- Lady Gaga & Tony Bennett Added to List of 2015 GRAMMY Performers
- Madonna Calls Taylor Swift the ‘Princess’ of Pop, Now Taylor Swift is ‘Dead’
- Nick Jonas Joins ‘Scream Queens’ Cast with Ariana Grande
- 2 Chainz Talks Running for Mayor, Releases New Mixtape