Kid Cudi & Dot The Genius’ WZRD Album See Good Sales Despite No Backing From The Label
Last week, Kid Cudi went on what I like to call a “twitter rampage,” last week going after his label, for what he considered not proper promotion and marketing for his collaborative, WZRD, album with producer, Dot the Genius. Despite all this they had a pretty decent job on the charts.
The WZRD, self-titled debut album debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, behind Adele and Whitney Houston. They sold 66,000 copies and had the highest debut on the charts this week. Congrats to Kid Cudi and Dot the Genius for their success despite no radio airplay, and their record label not supporting them! Check out video of WZRD performing “Teleport to me, Jamie,” this week on, Conan.
Get the latest on JAMZ:
- [PHOTOS] 101.9 AMP Radio With The Rock Hard Revue
- [PHOTOS] OMG Music Fest With 101.9 AMP Radio
- Jill’s Fabulous Friend: How To Spot A Tramp
- T.I. Jumps on Jeremih’s ‘Don’t Tell Em’ for Remix: Listen
- Riff Raff Slams Sam Smith for Cropping Him Out of VMAs Photo: ‘Your Face is Super Huge’
- Diplo Debuts Jack U’s ‘Take U There’ with Kiesza Live at Mad Decent Block Party: Listen
- Maroon 5, Gwen Stefani Duet on New Song ‘My Heart is Open': Listen
- Watch Ed Sheeran Spoof the Musical ‘Annie’ Dressed As Little Orphan Annie
- Miley Cyrus’ Homeless VMAs Date Turns Himself in to Jail, Posts Bail
- Trending: 5 Seconds Of Summer Announce Fan Convention “DERPCON”