Last week, Kid Cudi went on what I like to call a “twitter rampage,” last week going after his label, for what he considered not proper promotion and marketing for his collaborative, WZRD, album with producer, Dot the Genius. Despite all this they had a pretty decent job on the charts.
The WZRD, self-titled debut album debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, behind Adele and Whitney Houston. They sold 66,000 copies and had the highest debut on the charts this week. Congrats to Kid Cudi and Dot the Genius for their success despite no radio airplay, and their record label not supporting them! Check out video of WZRD performing “Teleport to me, Jamie,” this week on, Conan.
Get the latest on JAMZ:
- Here Are All The Samples From Drake’s “More Life” Album
- Adele Pays Tribute to London Attack Victims
- True Life: I Caught Four Mosquitoes Having A Spring Fling!
- 5 Artists Who Should Appear on Kendrick Lamar’s Next Album
- Killer Cobra Still On The Loose In Ocala
- Migos Brawl with Bikers in New ‘What The Price’ Video
- David Guetta Teams with Nicki Minaj & Lil Wayne for ‘Light My Body Up’
- Pharrell Teams with Mike WiLL Made-It on Futuristic ‘Aries (YuGo)’
- Iggy Azalea Drops New Single ‘Mo Bounce’
- Celebrate National Puppy Day With These Cute Videos