Last week, Kid Cudi went on what I like to call a “twitter rampage,” last week going after his label, for what he considered not proper promotion and marketing for his collaborative, WZRD, album with producer, Dot the Genius. Despite all this they had a pretty decent job on the charts.
The WZRD, self-titled debut album debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, behind Adele and Whitney Houston. They sold 66,000 copies and had the highest debut on the charts this week. Congrats to Kid Cudi and Dot the Genius for their success despite no radio airplay, and their record label not supporting them! Check out video of WZRD performing “Teleport to me, Jamie,” this week on, Conan.
Get the latest on JAMZ:
- Watch Lil Yachty Start a Food Fight
- Exclusive: Selena Gomez Denies Collaborating with The Weeknd on New Music
- Post Malone Finally Meets Allen Iverson
- Ariana Grande Posts Heartfelt Letter to Bombing Victims, Plans Benefit Concert
- Iggy Azalea Shuts Down Odell Beckham Jr. Dating Rumors
- Bryson Tiller Drops ‘True to Self’ Album a Month Early
- ‘Despacito’ Beat Works on Every Pop Song. Here’s Proof.
- Lil Yachty Delivers ‘Bring It Back’ on Kimmel
- Beach Makeup In Less Than 4 Minutes
- Actor Playing Michael Jackson in New Movie Responds to Criticism