Last week, Kid Cudi went on what I like to call a “twitter rampage,” last week going after his label, for what he considered not proper promotion and marketing for his collaborative, WZRD, album with producer, Dot the Genius. Despite all this they had a pretty decent job on the charts.
The WZRD, self-titled debut album debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, behind Adele and Whitney Houston. They sold 66,000 copies and had the highest debut on the charts this week. Congrats to Kid Cudi and Dot the Genius for their success despite no radio airplay, and their record label not supporting them! Check out video of WZRD performing “Teleport to me, Jamie,” this week on, Conan.
Get the latest on JAMZ:
- Watch Charlie Puth’s Steamy New ‘Attention’ Video
- The Chainsmokers’ Spelling Error Goes Viral
- Lil Wayne Cuts Idaho Show Short, Sics ‘Goon Squad’ on Fan
- Happy International Lemonade Day
- Beat My Tweet To Win Fandango Movie Passes
- Migos’ Quavo Drops $35k on Napoleon Chain
- Jennifer Lopez Opens Up about A-Rod on ‘Ellen’
- Rihanna and Lupita Nyong’o Down for New Movie
- Justin Bieber Reflects on 2014 DUI Arrest
- Frank Ocean Drops New Version of ‘Slide on Me’ Featuring Young Thug