Kid Cudi & Dot The Genius’ WZRD Album See Good Sales Despite No Backing From The Label
Last week, Kid Cudi went on what I like to call a “twitter rampage,” last week going after his label, for what he considered not proper promotion and marketing for his collaborative, WZRD, album with producer, Dot the Genius. Despite all this they had a pretty decent job on the charts.
The WZRD, self-titled debut album debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, behind Adele and Whitney Houston. They sold 66,000 copies and had the highest debut on the charts this week. Congrats to Kid Cudi and Dot the Genius for their success despite no radio airplay, and their record label not supporting them! Check out video of WZRD performing “Teleport to me, Jamie,” this week on, Conan.
Get the latest on JAMZ:
- Zayn Malik Signs With RCA Records
- [PHOTOS] Tove Lo’s Private Performance At Venue 578
- Rita Ora Takes Topless Photos to Promote New Chris Brown Collaboration
- Fetty Wap Shares Chart Glory with Eminem & Lil Wayne
- Janelle Monáe Announces The EEPHUS Tour
- Biggie, Tupac Names on Clutch Bags Released by Gwyneth Paltrow’s Website
- 50 Cent Presents Ferguson Food Bank with $5050 Donation
- Meek Mill on Nicki Minaj’s Drake-collab, ‘Only’
- Drake Releases Another Meek Mill Diss, “Back to Back”
- Drake Brings ‘Drama’ To New Track