Last week, Kid Cudi went on what I like to call a “twitter rampage,” last week going after his label, for what he considered not proper promotion and marketing for his collaborative, WZRD, album with producer, Dot the Genius. Despite all this they had a pretty decent job on the charts.
The WZRD, self-titled debut album debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, behind Adele and Whitney Houston. They sold 66,000 copies and had the highest debut on the charts this week. Congrats to Kid Cudi and Dot the Genius for their success despite no radio airplay, and their record label not supporting them! Check out video of WZRD performing “Teleport to me, Jamie,” this week on, Conan.
Get the latest on JAMZ:
- Puppy Monkey Baby Gets a Remix
- Hailey Baldwin Clarifies Relationship with Justin Bieber
- Meghan Trainor Debuts New Hair Color
- Justin Bieber and Skrillex’s ‘Where Are U Now?” – Behind the Song
- Kanye West Reveals ‘The Life of Pablo’ Album Cover
- Alley Brooke Talks Next Fifth Harmony Album: ‘It’s Definitely a Step Up’
- Katy Perry on Her Next Album and Watching the GRAMMYs in Her PJs
- Kanye West Teases Lyrics for New Song ‘Father Stretch My Hands’
- Justin Bieber Talks Hailey Baldwin, Selena Gomez and Not Settling Down
- Get The Presale Code For Beyonce’s “Formation World Tour”