Kid Cudi & Dot The Genius’ WZRD Album See Good Sales Despite No Backing From The Label
Last week, Kid Cudi went on what I like to call a “twitter rampage,” last week going after his label, for what he considered not proper promotion and marketing for his collaborative, WZRD, album with producer, Dot the Genius. Despite all this they had a pretty decent job on the charts.
The WZRD, self-titled debut album debuted at #3 on the Billboard charts, behind Adele and Whitney Houston. They sold 66,000 copies and had the highest debut on the charts this week. Congrats to Kid Cudi and Dot the Genius for their success despite no radio airplay, and their record label not supporting them! Check out video of WZRD performing “Teleport to me, Jamie,” this week on, Conan.
Get the latest on JAMZ:
- Google Releases 2014’s Year in Search Stats
- 2014 Smooshed Into One Amazing Song
- Win Tickets To See Cazzette At The House Of Blues
- Calvin Harris Lands Spring Emporio Armani Campaign
- Lorde, Skrillex, Rick Astley & Many More Attempt to Write the Greatest Song Ever: Watch
- Azealia Banks & Lana Del Rey Hug It Out in Adorable Fan Drawing
- Amy Adams Just Loves One Direction So Much: Watch
- Trending: Bruno Mars Wore Curlers On ‘The Voice’ And Totally Owned It
- Charli XCX Performs ‘Need Ur Love’ On Top Of a Piano On ‘Letterman': Watch
- Watch Nicki Minaj Talk Red Lobster, Perform ‘Bed of Lies’ on ‘Tonight Show’